Lisa and Rob's Dream Wedding-October 30, 2011

PrincessTinker11

DIS Veteran
Our Story

I have always loved Disney and always thought, "I wonder what a wedding here would be like?" Well before I get ahead of myself let me add that my fiance also loved Disney. I met my fiance after a hard break up and told him "I JUST want to be friends." He was very respectful of such and was a great friend. He was there for me through all my ups and downs of buying a house and trying to start a new job as well as take care of a 2 month old puppy! He was the only person I would trust with a key to my home and it hit me, "Wow, this is what it is like...to care about someone and trust them." That is when I realized I was really ready to move on...but how do I tell him, "Hey lets give this a shot?" Rob was great, he listened, knew what I liked and always thought about me. On one of his trips to Disney for a softball tournament he came home with a Tinkerbell key chain...I didn't even remember telling him that she was my favorite! He handed me the key chain and stated, "I know she is your favorite...." I decided it was time to tell him so I figured, why not invite him on a business trip somewhere fun then spring it on him that I wanted to be more than friends? I had a trip plan for Hawaii in February of 2009 and asked if he felt like coming along. He agreed immediately and it was off to Honolulu we went!

We spent a week in Hawaii, I worked for a few days and did what I had to do. One night at the beach I finally said it, "Can we give this a try?" From that day on we have been "giving it a try." I enjoy his company but also get to have a life, something I have to say I treasure. We are good together and happy to say that in March of 2010 this was confirmed when my DF proposed to me! He stated, as he was bending down, "Hey come check Casey (our dog), I think something is on her neck!" I freaked out because I didn't want her to be hurt and there it was, my beautiful emerald engagement ring! I am such a lucky girl to have a great fiance, wonderful family and the ability to get married in Disney!

After getting engaged I immediately trolled the Disboards and found this great Disney bride, Goldeelox9! Her Disney blog was AMAZING to say in the least and I knew then, "That is what I want! I want to get married on the Disney Cruise Line!" DF and I were fortunate to take a Bahamas cruise in August of 2009 (on the Norwegian Sky) and loved it! I knew that our guests would like it too and felt that getting married on a private island sounded luxurious!!! I found Goldeelox9 on facebook of all places! I emailed her and told her how her planning journal helped me decide on my wedding and if she could give me any input that would be wonderful! Goldeelox9 has been more than helpful and now my wedding is BOOKED! I am happy to say that my DF and I will be getting married on October 30, 2011 which is the 4 night Bahamas cruise! We are so excited and cannot wait to share our day with family and friends...

Will post details on the wedding...planning...and this crazy journey of life with my DF! :dance3:

Thanks for your congratulations...we are beyond excited! We had our engagement party on June 19th, my parents through us a wonderful party for about 80 people...It was at a local country club and we had a wonderful time! I am completely booked and have found a photographer that was highly recommended by a previous Dis bride! :) I am currently working with a designer to make our invites that i want out by the end of August the latest! I am making mini passports with all the info inside for the wedding/cruise! :cool1:

Today our friend and travel agent, Lisa, sent us the packets she sent out to everyone to book for the cruise! She also sent along a little engagement gift, the bobble head Mickey and Minnie dressed in a tux and wedding gown! I wish I knew how to attach photos and I would show you! They are adorable and we are so thankful to have such great fellow dis'ers to help us with our wedding :)

:banana: We keep on with the planning of the wedding...next is invitations, I am designing them right now with the designer!

Today our friend and travel agent, Lisa, sent us the packets she sent out to everyone to book for the cruise! She also sent along a little engagement gift, the bobble head Mickey and Minnie dressed in a tux and wedding gown! I wish I knew how to attach photos and I would show you! They are adorable and we are so thankful to have such great fellow dis'ers to help us with our wedding :)

:banana: We keep on with the planning of the wedding...next is invitations, I am designing them right now with the designer!

Here's a link to help you post those pictures. :thumbsup2

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/video-tutorials/

Congrats on your wedding! We are getting married 2 days after you. We will have to have a Dis meet!!:)

Congrats. I love your story. How cute to make your doggie a part of it. Awww. :lovestruc Like mareeld86 said we are getting married 2 days after you as well. :banana: I'm looking forward to reading more.

Congrats Lisa!!! What a great story. Can't wait to read more...I am getting married 2 days before you on the Dream :cool1:

Congratulations, Lisa! (There are three "Lisa's" getting married on the Dream within weeks!) We are getting married on Castaway Cay on November 12, 2011! It will be fun reading along with you!

It is great to see so many Dream weddings! I am glad I popped back onto the boards, have not been on in months! Will any of you be attending the Disney Wedding Open House in March? We will be going! Would love to meet up with you!!

We have made so much progress on our wedding!

Recap I am booked for a Disney Dream Castaway Cay wedding on 11/1/2011, 10/30 sailing! We are so excited!

What I have done so far:

Had an awesome engagement party hosted by my parents!

Sent out my wedding invites in October, we worked with Uniquelyinviting.com, they were wonderful! Since we are doing the destination wedding route I designed passport invitations with Tracy and Yamina from Uniquely Inviting! They came out wonderful and it has added so much excitement for our guests!

Got my wedding dress, TODAY....well ordered it, totally beautiful!

We picked out our photographer who we will be bringing on the cruise with us! We are totally thrilled to be bringing someone so we can go over what shots we want, etc. BEFORE getting on the ship

STILL need to do:

Welcome bags, but hey we got time!

Order my wedding make up, I am doing that through Mary Kay...

Borrowing my veil from a previous Dis Bride, she was generous enough to tell me I can borrow it! Thanks Lisa!!!

Keep booking guests, I believe we are at 6 rooms right now...hoping to have 20-30 friends and family for our wedding!

Here are directions for posting pics to the Boards (I would love to see pics of the things for your wedding!):

You can not post pictures directly to a post. Here is what you can do to show off your great t-shirts and items that you made:

• Get a free photobucket account at www.photobucket.com.
• Then upload your pictures to there.
• Once they are uploaded point your mouse at the picture and you will see a drop down list below the picture.
• Then left click your mouse on the words "IMG Code". When you do this you will see the word "copy" show up where the code was.
• Now go back to your post on the DISBoards and right click and "paste" the code into your post and the picture will show up once you complete the post.

Here are directions for posting pics to the Boards (I would love to see pics of the things for your wedding!):

You can not post pictures directly to a post. Here is what you can do to show off your great t-shirts and items that you made:

• Get a free photobucket account at www.photobucket.com.
• Then upload your pictures to there.
• Once they are uploaded point your mouse at the picture and you will see a drop down list below the picture.
• Then left click your mouse on the words "IMG Code". When you do this you will see the word "copy" show up where the code was.
• Now go back to your post on the DISBoards and right click and "paste" the code into your post and the picture will show up once you complete the post.

Thank you Dolly I will have to try to figure that out!

Wow, time is realllly flying by! We have made such progress in our family/friends booking and thank goodness as the Disney Dream is selling out for our sail date!

We currently have 10 rooms booked and two more should be booked by the end of the week! We also have our photographer booked, I cannot wait to see Mikkel in action she is going to be great :cheer2:

I cannot believe that as of Febuary 1st we are only 9 months away! I have been working with our travel agent, former Disbride herself!, and we have 10 rooms booked as of today for the Disney Dream! I believe by the end of this week we will be at 12! I am so glad to see my family and friends coming out for our wedding!

The next few things I will be doing:

February/March
Get passports done for family members, luckily my fiance and I already have ours from previous cruising!

We ordered our welcome bags, check them out:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/NaturalOp...&origin=index#

The bags are pink as our wedding colors are pink/green...I am getting the Medium as I felt the small would be well to small and the medium I hear runs big! I am also going to get embroidery that says, "Lisa & Rob's Magical Disney Wedding" I am afraid to put the date, 11.1.11 in case they have to change course do to a storm or something!

March/April
Get the "six month celebration gifts" together...See on the first of the month, starting in June I will be sending little gifts to all booked cruises! Here is what I have together thus far:

A. A starfish ornament I am making out of a real starfish that will have a ribbon that says Lisa & Rob's Magical Disney Wedding on it!

B. A lottery ticket I found with a cruise ship on it that says Cruisin...

C. A gourmet cookie in the shape of a cruise ship sent to each home with a message stating, "Only_months until we cruise away on the Dream"

D. A disney gift card...

and I still have two more to think of!

I will need a dress fitting and will be doing that in April/May...

I am sooo excited, I have ideas for the welcome bags but will be working on that in the summer...

Here is a link to my dress!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_A-line-side-drape-strapless-9V9665_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Size-Plus-Sizes

I absolutely LOVE the back of it! I am going to order my fiances shirt, hawaiian shirt, from Hawaii this summer :)

Its getting closer and I cannot wait! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter