Lines that don't allow scooters?

Melmore

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know a list of rides that do not allow scooter riders to use their scooter in line? My FIL will be needing to use a scooter during our trip but is unsure if he will be able to stand long in line due to back/ knee issues.

Thanks!

Did you look at the ADS FAQ pinned at the top of this forum? It's indexed and informative, and I'm sure your questions are answered there.

But I do know he has to leave the ECV to get up the People Mover ramp. He has to transfer to a wheelchair at Pirates, and I think Winnie the Pooh. And I once snuck by the Greeter at Tower of Terror and proceeded through the queue. The only "problem" I had was the CM at the door not allowing my hot chocolate. I only found out later that the ECV wasn't supposed to go through the line.

Post #11 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread pinned near the top of this forum has lists for each park.

Some attractions allow ECVs completely -- stay in the ECV for the show/ride.
Some attractions allow ECVs through the queue but he will need to transfer to the ride vehicle.
Some attractions will not allow an ECV through the queue, and will provide a manual wheelchair to use.
Very few attractions are not accessible unless ambulatory.

Even if the ECV is not allowed in the queue, it's only a couple of attractions that require a person to be ambulatory. They will provide a wheelchair he can use for the duration until returning to his ECV.

Enjoy your vacation!

a few I can think of off the top of my head is

MK

POTCB
Magic carpets of Alladin (? maybe)
buzz
People mover
space mountain ( they might with the new exit not sure)

EPCOT

not sure about TT

HS
TOT
RNR
not sure about star tours

AK

can not think of any rides here that do not allow ECV

Even if the ECV is not allowed in the queue, it's only a couple of attractions that require a person to be ambulatory. They will provide a wheelchair he can use for the duration until returning to his ECV.

Enjoy your vacation!

Yeah, this has been an issue a couple of times in the past, as we have multiple people in ECVs and none in the party are physically able to push them in a manual chair, when you explain this, there is usually another alternative available, just a heads up.

when you explain this, there is usually another alternative available
There may be an alternative, however, because Disney policy prohibits Cast Members from physically assisting customers, people should remember not to get upset or angry if CMs decline to help. Similar to another thread, personal responsibility should be considered. In this case, traveling with one or more persons able to assist.

There may be an alternative, however, because Disney policy prohibits Cast Members from physically assisting customers, people should remember not to get upset or angry if CMs decline to help. Similar to another thread, personal responsibility should be considered. In this case, traveling with one or more persons able to assist.
Luckily in most cases we should be able to walk the queue this next time, but a notable exception is Tower of Terror due to the hill and there is an alternative there. They don't like to use it if they can avoid it, but it is available. Which is my point, always politely explain the circumstances as there may be a viable alternative. I also know there is an alternative at Rockin' Roller Coaster and an alternative is available for Star Tours at Hollywood Studios and honestly those are the three attractions that I know of that ECVs can't be taken through at least the majority of the queue. I am not sure about Space Mountain. There may be others, but these are the ones I know of. I know Story Time with Belle had issues previously, but that was due to them not wanting to get the carpet dirty as the vehicles would fit, so I would imagine that has been fixed by now, but don't know for sure. But in the past they were good about working to find a viable solution, especially if you can walk, but need a place to sit. So again, this is why I say to ask, as there are often alternatives that are viable.

And while the traveling with someone who can assist sounds great in theory, that is not always practical or affordable for everyone, so it is important that people know these alternatives actually do exist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter