Lindsay's journal.....3 half marathons later and I'm still at it updated 7/12

Its been nutz at work and the weekend can not come soon enough! Although in most cases I would have caved in tonight and stopped in a local fast food drive through I pushed through the lazy feelings and came home and made myself a healthy meal.

My husband plays slow pitch softball so it was just me and the boys tonight. I made a very yummy creation.

8 WW points:

Tortilla BBQ chicken pizza:
1. whole weat tortilla- med size
2. chicken breast cut into small pieces and grilled
3. red onion chopped fine
4. BBQ sauce

bake the tortilla on a cookie sheet at 350 until it looks bubbly.
grill chicken and when cooked through at 2 Tbsp of BBQ sauce mix well
add onion and sautee for a few min.
Top torilla with 1/4 cup of mozzerella cheese and spread chicken topping evenly.

drizzle 2tbsp of BBQ sauce on top.

Bake until well melted.

I wasnt sure how I would like this but it was amazingly good, very filling, and easy and quick to make.

No running for me tonight which is good because I feel very tired, although I can say that I am starting to get that addictive feeling. Today I thought to myself.....aw man Its not my running day yet I cant wait until tomorrow.

Have a good night!

Today was the first day that I gave into a temptation. Its like on the biggest loser when they have those challenges.:rotfl: We were at ds's tball game and they have a snack stand. My little ds got chicken fingers and then didnt eat 2 of them. I felt bad for them to go to waste so I ate them. :scared1: then my ds gets done playing and now he wants chicken fingers to take home. He only eats 1 and 1/2 so what do I do I eat the other 1 1/2. :scared1: So I needed to confess. I didnt use any extra points this week yet so I guess its not a big deal but I dont even know how many points they are? I guess I will estimate 4 per finger they were actually small. Tomorrow is my red lobster luncheon so I have a feeling I may use alot of extra points then too. I guess thats what there for!

I did W6D2 and realized that I misread the plan. last week I did the same thing each day because I swore thats what it said but now I realized there was a difference. So today was 5min warm up walk, run 10min, walk 3min, run 10min. Total of 28 min- I did 2.2 This was indoors on the treadmill.

next run is sat. I hope to be outside and its run 25 min without stopping. :scared1: This should be interesting.

Food Journal:
Breakfast- 6
Lunch-14
Dinner-22
Total- 42
Activity points 5
Flex used: 11

Have a good night~!

The flex points are there to use, some people say use them all in the week for better results. I use most, but very rarely all (last week I did use them all)

The chicken fingers, well, see this is where us mommies get in trouble. We feel compelled to finish our kids food if they don't eat it all.

Keep up the good work!!

Horrible day with eating. Red Lobster was delicious and I tried to pick a healthier option. I got the wood grilled seafood platter: it consisted of scallops, shrimp, and lobster tail. I only slightly dipped it in butter. I ate the salad with a sm amt of french dressing and 2 biscuits (I couldnt help myself they are so yummy). Ok so after that I estimated my points and figured I used my daily points between breakfast and lunch. I still had 24 flex points so not a big deal.

Well then my kids begged for a happy meal. So I stopped at McD's and broke down and got a double cheeseburger and sm fries. My dh had softball so I used the excuse that I had no one to cook for but myself so I caved. I know I still did not use up my extra points but I was just disappointed in my choices.

Well tomorrow is a new day and I will get back on track. I honestly feel crappy today from eating so much and from the fast food. Thats enough motivation to not make this a habit.

TGIF!

The past few days were a little tough to continue to make good eating choices. I think overall I didnt do too bad. Made some good choices and some bad. Definitely ate alot less than I would have normally yesterday with all the yummy mothers day food. I had a great run on saturday. 1st time that I ever ran 20 minutes straight. It felt good. Today is weigh in day so hopefully it will be good.

It can be tough to stay on plan sometimes. We had a weekend like that this weekend. And I haven't run since Friday. And this week is going to be tricky too. But you just have to keep on going, not letting those bad moments take you back to your old ways. It was one meal, its over and done, move on. And those things will always be an issue, even once you reach your goal. So don't get yourself too down about it.

Keep up the good work-your doing great with the running!!:thumbsup2

Thanks veronica I think this is always where I would give up but with my disney 1/2 marathon goal in mind I know I cant so that has helped along with your words of encouragement. Thanks so much.

Well I couldnt have done too bad because today was my weigh in day and I am down another 2.4 lbs.

So my loss total in 2 weeks= 7.2lbs

My goal would be 6 lbs per month and that would but me at my goal wt for the princess 1/2. Will see how close I can get.

I signed up to do the Biggest Loser summer challenge which begins on May 28th. Excited to join the group. Hopefully this will continue to keep me motivated along the way.

I had a very tempting day today. It was finger food friday at work today. Everyone brought in something. Luckily we have a few health concious employees so there was fruit kabobs and a veggie tray but there was also pigs in a blanket, cold veggie pizza (which you would think sounds healthy but is made with crescent rolls, cream cheese and sourcream.), and a chili cheese dip to scoop with fritos.

I am please to announce that I took a big serving of veggies, 1 fruit kabob, had one frito with a taste of dip, sm portion of pasta salad approx 5 noodles, and 3 tortilla chips with salsa. I was so proud I controlled myself.

then

My boss took me out to dinner as a congratulations type meal for my recent promotion to Site Manager of the pediatric office I work in. We went to TGI fridays. She kept telling me to eat eat eat. She ordered spinach artichoke cheese dip and I felt obligated to eat it with her. Or pressured at least. I choose grilled chicken and shrimp as entree but I still felt bloated and over full by the end of the meal. I just didnt feel good about it. I still had 10 points left for the day and 31 extra points for the week. I have no idea how many points my food was but anyway I will just consider it a wash of all the extra points and start fresh tomorrow. What can I do now right.

I am planning on running early tomorrow. My 3 year old is going to a kids run that our local road runners club holds every other sat. through the summer. its a lot of fun. He runs a 1/8 of a mile. My older son usually goes but he has tball at the same time. So he will miss the first couple of races. We have a busy morning but then the rest of the weekend it ours to relax. Well not exactly we have alot of :laundy: and cleaning to do.

Just read your first post and want to say I am so inspired by you. I too have struggled with my weight and my friend and I have just committed to running our first 5K in October. Can't wait to read on...

Just read your first post and want to say I am so inspired by you. I too have struggled with my weight and my friend and I have just committed to running our first 5K in October. Can't wait to read on...

Thats an awesome commitment you have made. You will feel so great after your first 5K it is such an accomplishment especially for us who have or have had weight issues. I remember after my first race I balled my eyes out. I never thought I could be athletic again after gaining 60+ lbs. I will tell you from experience you can do anything you put your mind too. Just believe in yourself!

Thanks for reading along and good luck on your running!

My run today was a little harder than previous. I felt tired even when I started. I pushed through it and completed 2.56miles in 32:00

Heres the stats:

Lap Dist: 2.56miles Total Dist: 2.56miles
Avg. Speed: 4.8mi/hr Calories: 247(?)
Avg. Pace: 12:30min/mi Your BMI: 33.1(?)

I noticed on days the sun is out and beating down It gets really tough for me. Luckily I run on tree lined streets so some is shaded. I am the goofy person hoping for cool and cloudy weather at the princess 1/2. Just for the race of course.

The craziest thing happened during my run. this car slows down as its coming in my direction and this guy honks the horn and yells yeah baby. I was like OMG you got to be kidding me. Get a life. Then a minute or so later he drives up behind me and is yelling stuff in spanish at me and whistling. At this point I was getting a little nervous. I was on a main street so I continued to ignore him and kept running. Luckily he drove away and never returned. It kind of freaked me out though.

My run today was a little harder than previous. I felt tired even when I started. I pushed through it and completed 2.56miles in 32:00

Heres the stats:

Lap Dist: 2.56miles Total Dist: 2.56miles
Avg. Speed: 4.8mi/hr Calories: 247(?)
Avg. Pace: 12:30min/mi Your BMI: 33.1(?)

I noticed on days the sun is out and beating down It gets really tough for me. Luckily I run on tree lined streets so some is shaded. I am the goofy person hoping for cool and cloudy weather at the princess 1/2. Just for the race of course.

The craziest thing happened during my run. this car slows down as its coming in my direction and this guy honks the horn and yells yeah baby. I was like OMG you got to be kidding me. Get a life. Then a minute or so later he drives up behind me and is yelling stuff in spanish at me and whistling. At this point I was getting a little nervous. I was on a main street so I continued to ignore him and kept running. Luckily he drove away and never returned. It kind of freaked me out though.

I too like to run in the shade, but I find wearing a baseball cap helps with the sun alot. I have 2 of the moisture wicking ones, love them. They are life savers.

Oh yes, the idiots in cars who heckle or try to run you off the road. This is why I don't wear an ipod. I want to be aware of my surroundings. Make sure you have your phone with you, you never know when you might need it.

You are doing great-keep up the good work!!

Thanks veronica, I think I will have to invest in a new hat or two. I was out at a local sports store on saturday and I saw a ton of stuff I wanted. I thought this was a cheap sport but the more I get into it the more I realize I could spend just as much on this as my husband does on golf. :laughing:

Today was my weigh in day!

Week 3: -2lbs
Total= 9.2lbs

I am still happy with the results I mean a healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs per week right? I did begin that dreaded TOM today so given the circumstances I think I did good. Next week I will post an updated picture. I plan on doing this every 4 weeks to monitor my progress visually too. Hopefully I at least look a little less chubby. I definitely feel better and can tell my close are not as snug.

Looks like tomorrows run might be a little wet. The forecast is 50's and rain. If its too bad I might chicken out and just do the treadmill. I never thought it would get to the point that I dread running on the treadmill and love to run outside, but it has and I am glad it did.

Big news today on the boards: The princess 1/2 marathon was moved back a week and now will be on 2/27/11. Not a huge deal. I am more worried about the weather here. I am hoping we do not get delayed in a snow storm. (These are the dumb things I worry about and will worry about until we are in disney). Whats the difference of a week, I dont know but its seems to have everyone in an uproar.

Another big news topic: My aunt who I dont get to see very often has decided to join us on our trip. She has not been anywhere in 20 years and has never been to disney before. This should be fun. So my mommy and me trip which was planned to be relaxed with no worries of fitting everything in; has now turned into how can we fit it all in plus run a 1/2 marathon in 4-5 days. It should be fun and exciting either way.

Talk to you all soon.

Hello Lindsay

I just found your thread on the Disney princess 1/2 marathon thread and when I read your journal I felt like I was reading my life history. I can't get enough carbs either...:lovestruc or join Weight Watchers to many times.

I am also planning my weight loss around my training for the princess 1/2 marathon. It will be my first time to WDW but my 2nd 1/2 marathon. My daughter and I ran the Disneyland 1/2 marathon last Sept. Now we can't wait to go to WDW. Well i wish you great success in your weight loss and your running. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup2

Hello Lindsay

I just found your thread on the Disney princess 1/2 marathon thread and when I read your journal I felt like I was reading my life history. I can't get enough carbs either...:lovestruc or join Weight Watchers to many times.

I am also planning my weight loss around my training for the princess 1/2 marathon. It will be my first time to WDW but my 2nd 1/2 marathon. My daughter and I ran the Disneyland 1/2 marathon last Sept. Now we can't wait to go to WDW. Well i wish you great success in your weight loss and your running. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup2

Glad to know someone else has the same issues. Thanks for the well wishes and support. Good luck on your wt loss and training too. Hope all goes well for you.:thumbsup2

I realized I never posted how my last run went. On tuesday I increase my time to 35min. It indeed was cold 49 degrees and rainy but the goofy girl that I am I was like :woohoo: I love running in cold rainy weather. (not downpour kinda rain just drizzle-light rain) It keeps me nice and cool!

So here is my stats:
5-18-10 completed: 35min (total running)
Total Dist: 2.89miles
Avg. Pace: 12:05min/mi

It was a great run and I felt like I could keep going but wanted to stick to the rule of only increasing by 10% each week. I am cutting down my min/mile little by little. 1/2 way through my run I passed an older gentleman walking his dog, he was like way to go, good for you :thumbsup2 He was my own personal :cheer2:. It was great and gave me even more motivation to push on. This was the longest time I have run straight, I impressed myself.

so then I repeated the same course and length of time again today. Instead the weather was 80 and sunny. I ran around 10am. Initially planned to run later after sundown but my dh reminded me that he had a softball game tonight. Shoot! So I had to deal with the heat and beating sun. I tried to tell myself I like running in the hotness, mind over matter right. Well it worked most of the run but there were 2 points where my mind told my body to keep going....on foot then the other, but my body just stopped and walked. I kinda laughed to myself. I was saying in my head go...go...go and I felt like I had no control over what my body was doing. I at one point was 2 people 1=body the other was mind. :laughing: Anyway it was short lived only about a 20-30 sec walk break. I pushed through and made it to the same finishing point as last run exactly at 35 minutes. I was surprised because I felt that I really slowed down due to the heat. I guess I really just have learned how to pace myself. I actually continued to walk the rest of the block and got to the 3.1 mark at 38 minutes. So even with the walking I have improved my 5K by 4 minutes since 4-25. :dance3: I am excited!

I have my next 5K race next sat. 5/29. Its a little hilly of a course and the weather forecast as of now is Sunny and 82. :eek: I guess I will just learn to deal with it or else it will be a long summer!

Had a tough run today. I got up bright and early to set up our yard sale this morning. We did really good and made some extra spending money for vacation in july. :yay: But I was feeling really tired from getting everything together and yesterday we did a ton of yard work in the hot sun. I decided to head out for my final run of the week around 115pm. It is over cast today but very warm and extremely humid. From the moment I started through out the entire run I felt horrible. I almost felt as if I was wearing bricks instead of sneakers. My body felt so heavy. I know I need to loose wt but it felt alot heavier than normal. It was hard to keep myself going. I did complete my 35 minutes. I walked on/off for approx a total of 5 min. I ended my run at 2.83 miles. Which is 0.06miles short of the last 2 runs. It added 19 seconds on my mile pace. Not horrible considering I felt bad. I just thought I would get better rather than worse as I go. I guess I will just chalk this up to a bad day. We are off to see our friends tonight and plan our trip to TN in july. :woohoo: Cant wait for a well needed vacation!

I cant belive I have already been doing weight watchers for 4 weeks now. Its amazing how time flies.

Today is weigh in day and picture posting time. I figured I will post side by side pics every 4 weeks in the same clothing to visualize my progress.

I see a tiny difference this month but more so I feel great. My clothes are less snug, I have alot more energy, and my mood is even better.

This week my runs increase to 38 minutes. I had to switch my running days this week since my dh plays softball and his nights are different than normal. So today I ran 3.1 exactly in 38 mins. :woohoo: Not the fastest time out there but I was proud that I did it. I did have 3 brief walking periods lasting not even a min. The first mile was rough but once I got into the second mile it was all good. I have my next 5K race on saturday. I will run on wed. so that gives my 2 days off prior to the race.

Ok now for the weigh in.......drum roll please.........:lmao:

this weeks loss 0.8lbs. :guilty: I was hoping for more but at least its still going down.

Total weight loss= 10lbs in 4 weeks.
First picture: 4/26/10 Second Picture: 5/24/10
pics003.jpg
weightlosspics004.jpg

Just popping over the check out your journal. Great pictures! I can already see things smoothing out with just 10 pounds. You are going to have a great summer! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter