• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Light Sabers available in Galaxy's edge?

Ratpack

WL VET
DVC Gold
This will be the first time we have been down since Galaxy's Edge has opened. I was wondering what light sabers are available to purchase there? I have a reservation at Sa'vis, but if I can just buy the light saber I am fine with that. Also, what are the costs of the sabers? I know Sa'vi is $200.

Dok Ondar's has "legacy lightsabers" which are the lightsaber hilts for various characters - Luke, Rey, Kylo Ren, etc. Prices vary, and you have to buy the blade separately.

I think Savi's went up to $220. But it really is an entire experience.

One other question, which is better built, legacy or the parts used in Sa'vi?

You’d have to Google prices. I think the range is something like $130-$200.

I don’t know if either is much better built than the other. The Savi sabers are made from metal parts, so pretty solid.

Prices vary for the legacy lightsabers at Dok Ondar's based on which one you get. My ODD got the 2 Ahsoka Tano color changing lightsabers at Dok Ondar's earlier this month and I think the total was in the $230 range? The other ones are less expensive.

One other question, which is better built, legacy or the parts used in Sa'vi?

They are both pretty sturdy and made of metal parts, feeling very solid in the hand...

The reason to get a legacy saber is that you get a nice replica of various sabers used in the movies.

The Savi's sabers are cool because the experience of building them is great, plus you can change the crystal out to get different blade colors. And they are way more customized, since you are selecting the parts you want from a themed set... and you get a cool pin.

I think if you are going it's better to do Savi's if you can, because you can buy replica lightsabers from a number of places but you can't get the Savi building experience outside the parks. You can buy legacy sabers later as well if you decide you like the look of them too, they can use the same blade you get with a Savi saber (One thing to factor in price of legacy vs. Save is that Legacy sabers you have to also pay extra for the blade, at Savi's you get a blade with your saber).

In theory also because the Savi's sabers are made from a number of different parts, you can buy replacement parts later to change how it looks or further customize it. The Legacy sabers don't come apart in the same way (and you can't change the crystals inside).

Last edited:

Thanks for the info. I also saw you can build the droids and the light sabers at the Star Wars Trading Post in Disney Springs. Are they the same as in the park, just minus the experience? And can you also buy the Legacy Sabers there as well? We are going to be there, the day we arrive, it would be nice to be able to preview the different ones before we go to the park.

Thanks for the info. I also saw you can build the droids and the light sabers at the Star Wars Trading Post in Disney Springs. Are they the same as in the park, just minus the experience? And can you also buy the Legacy Sabers there as well? We are going to be there, the day we arrive, it would be nice to be able to preview the different ones before we go to the park.

The lightsabers you can build at trading post I think are the kids plastic ones, for sure not the Savi parts. I think droids are the same way, you build action figure sized droids, not the remote controlled ones from Droid Depot - though Trading Post does have fully assembled remote droids I think. Maybe they added some Droid Depot parts to Trading Post, but I can't remember seeing much of that there when we went a month or so ago.

I believe you can buy some of the legacy sabers at Disney Springs, not sure if they have the full selection. But you could at least take a look at what they have there and they should let you hold them and try turning them on to see what you think.

The lightsabers you can build at trading post I think are the kids plastic ones, for sure not the Savi parts. I think droids are the same way, you build action figure sized droids, not the remote controlled ones from Droid Depot - though Trading Post does have fully assembled remote droids I think. Maybe they added some Droid Depot parts to Trading Post, but I can't remember seeing much of that there when we went a month or so ago.

I believe you can buy some of the legacy sabers at Disney Springs, not sure if they have the full selection. But you could at least take a look at what they have there and they should let you hold them and try turning them on to see what you think.

Thanks, that is the info I needed. Trying to decide if I want a legacy or a a Sa'vi saber.

Thanks, that is the info I needed. Trying to decide if I want a legacy or a a Sa'vi saber.

We recently purchased both a legacy set and did Savi's. Both are excellent quality. The legacy sabers are lighter, as their frame doesn't have to support the interchangeability of parts. You also cannot change the kyber crystal in the legacy sabers, so they are always the same color. But, you can buy a variety of blade lengths for them. They use the same blades as the ones from Savi's. For the light sabers from Savi's, you can get additional kyber crystals and parts, if you want to swap things out later.

Also, when we were there, there was a virtual queue for Dok Ondar's, so it was quite the wait to get in.

I also saw that you can buy extra parts if you do the Sa'vi saber outside. Is that true and does anyone know the pricing? It would be nice to have some extra pieces to change the look when you get home.

I've noticed many of you experienced fairly fast shipping. Out of concern for this, we had our droid and light saber sent to our WDW resort. We kept it in our room and took it with us to Portofino at Universal where we stayed for another 8 nights. We sent it from their business center on our second to last day. It was to our home in three days. These were not the first droids or light sabers they sent and had a stock of boxes for these items.

I also saw that you can buy extra parts if you do the Sa'vi saber outside. Is that true and does anyone know the pricing? It would be nice to have some extra pieces to change the look when you get home.
It is true that you can buy extra "scrap metal" for your light saber when you check in to Savi's. I cannot tell you the price, but it was offered.

My son just bought Luke’s legacy lightsaber at Dok Ondar’s with gift cards. It ended up being the same price as Savi’s which he didn’t want to do. But once he found out the price was the same and he could have bought different colored crystals for the Savi‘s one, he was disappointed we canceled our original reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter