• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LETTER TO WDW ºoº Finally the first draft ~ let me know what you think

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Well here it is! The letter that I FINALLY got around to writing about Canadian's $$$$ at WDW! Let me know what you think!

WALT DISNEY WORLD

Dear Sirs and/or Madams:

I represent a typical Canadian family. We are parents with two children, E*** is 7 years old and E*** is 18 months old. We had the luxury of treating ourselves to a wonderful Disney World trip three months ago. We stayed on-site for the first time at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Our trip we remarkable! We managed to see and do everything we wanted. The vacation came at some cost, $*000.00 Canadian funds, at present that's about $**00.00. Three years of saving every extra cent.

We understand that WALT DISNEY WORLD is a company and to keep bringing us the wonders of Disney, you need to make money. However, we Canadian's are finding it increasingly difficult to justify spending so much hard earned money on a vacation.

During our April 2001 trip, we were fortunate to purchase the Canadian ticket special of 'buy one get the companion ticket at half price' and we thank you for this money saver.

I belong to an internet chat/board group that has a special board for Canadian's. I read often about families saving and saving to vacation at Disney World, but just can't seem to get there.

I am writing to you with a humble request to consider Canadians and our financial circumstance with the terrible exchange rate of approximately 1.55. Is there any way to improve the chances of more Canadians vacationing at WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORTS? Perhaps 'Canadian dollars at par' specials at resorts, meals, tickets etc.,. I thank you in advance for your consideration of 27,000,000 possible NEW Canadian Disney visitors.

Most sincerely,

SandraC

SandraC

I just read your letter, and it sounds good. Hopefully, it will bring to Disney's attention the fact that we as Canadians should not be overlooked when planning promotions, especially since better promotions can only mean more vacationers to Disney World! Great job! Thanks for your hard work.
Tiger:jester:

Sandra, the letter sounds great- I think that you made an excellent point regarding the 27,000,000 Canadian possible visitors they could have!! Well done!

Grover in Winnipeg
:smooth:

Good stuff SandraC.
You could also mention that of those 27,000,000 Canadians, many are and could be repeat visitors. All Disney has to do is look at many of the DIS members on the Canadian site to see how many are multiple WDW visitors.
Canadave

Great letter Sandra. Just a minor correction though, Canada's population has already hit 30 million! So many more potential customers!!! :D

Hi all thanks, I work on it some more!

Julie, where and how did you do the pix from Epcot, I read about it but don't see it! Thanks, Sandra

The letter is well written. If you hear no response, will you keep persisting??

Disney has always answered my letter's with either a phone call or a letter. I am shocked at how fast they have responded in the past. Recently, I requested the CD ROM Vacation Planner and got it in just over 2 weeks! I e-mailed Disney about 10 days ago and they sent my kids autographed photos of their fav characters. Always been impressed with Disney. To be very honest, I don't think my one letter with amount to much more than an acknowledgement and "we understand your concerns, but we don't control the exchange rate" response. True of course, but perhaps this one letter might lead to other letters and in the future Disney might act on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter