Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle- A May '14 TR *12/3 PTR Link to Real Life News

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who sometimes gets spotty WiFi. I hear so many people talk about how strong it is and kept wondering, why is it just me? I will say that in the room it was flawless for me.

Ahhh, I can just soak up the POP views.

Oooooh I do like that poster!!! I've never seen it before. Even with Small World on it, I may have to get me one of those.

"I wish I were exaggerating about my kid’s love of the mouse." C'mon... No you don't. :p It's awesome and you know it. :goodvibes

That was a nice couple of days. I mean, it is hard to leave, especially after only a short amount of time. But at least you were able to step foot onto the property and enjoy it a little bit!

I'm sorry about the burger at Pop. That would have been pretty frustrating. I'd have probably been more inclined to find the manager and ask for one that has actually been cooked. It is just hard to throw away a hamburger at Disney prices. :rotfl2: :lmao:

I loved reading about your trip with your Mom and Landon!

The photos of him lining up the Mickey toys are hysterical... you can really tell he's taking that task seriously!

I recognize that section of beach at Cape Canaveral. I totally agree with you - watching the cruise ships depart is so amazing. I never thought it would be that cool, but it totally is.

Ugh to the burger situation at Pop. That's awful. They really should have replaced your burgers with something else. I am very funny about cold or uncooked meat. Yuck! Glad you lunch was much better than next day.

YAYAYAYAYAY for finding that amazing poster. I am glad you window shopping turned into a must have purchase. That's awesome! :thumbsup2

I was gonna say, she better get those pins!!! How else would you remember you were there for the 2014 holiday season?!? Hahahaha. I kid. But really, I'm a pin collector too so I would've been the same way. And that poster set sounds amazing!

Art of Animation will always win against Pop. In my opinion. Hahah

I'm glad yall had such a nice getaway. Sounds like it was much deserved. :)

Hi, Marissa! It's good to see you on the DIS! I hope life has been going well for you lately. Any new Disney trips in the works??

It's hard to turn down new pins. I have about three themes that I love to collect, and special events and Tangled were two in one! :rotfl2:

I love Pop just for nostalgia's sake, but Art is definitely a better resort overall.

what fun with the sea lions!

Very impressive that Landon walked most of the park!

Yay for Finding the Poster that you were looking for with a bonus of extras!

Yep. Landon walked 90% of SeaWorld. Off the top of my head, I want to say he only sat in the stroller about 3 times. My kid has energy and stamina to go for miles. I'm very curious to see what he's going to be like at 7 or 8. Probably running around the house driving me nuts. :lmao:

No, we haven't made it on the MK train yet with Izzy! That is on my to-do list for May. I'm sure she'll love it. We have done some other train rides, though: our state fair's kiddie train, a real train with Santa, and the Dole Plantation's Pineapple Express in Hawaii - I have a similar picture of Izzy on that one:

Trains = toddler bliss. :lovestruc

Haha, yeah you can't go wrong with trains. There's just something about them that kids love. The rebel in them probably love being able to sit in a moving vehicle without a carseat. :rotfl:

Ha, you’re right, eating while your kid is asleep or otherwise occupied is quite a treat! You don’t have to share or anything! :thumbsup2

Totally relate to the 2-night trip feelings. You just arrive and have to leave already. Not cool. (That’s why our current May plans have morphed from “cruise during week w/WDW weekends” to “4 nights at WDW, 4 nights on cruise, 4 nights at WDW” :lmao: ).

Hmmmm, Landon and Izzy would agree on the supremacy of hot dogs as well. ::yes::

Yikes on the burgers! Hope they got that fixed. Personally, I don’t like to complain much about stuff like that either, but I think I would have. What a waste. :sad2:

Haha, love that you picked up the shopping slack for Alex. :rotfl2:

Wow, that’s awesome that you found the posters (and for a good price)! Yay! :cool1:

Yep, Izzy would agree about Mickey and Minnie needing to be paired up! I love that they have the same style of shopping – pull all of them out of the shelf! :rotfl:

Ugh, that’s a pet peeve of mine – older kids trampling over toddlers on the playground (especially one that’s made for toddlers). Oh, and that is a nice mommy break when they can handle a play structure without your hand.

That would be fun to watch the ships (especially with plans to be on one when Alex returns). Love that Landon said goodbye to Disney and Mickey like that.

Isn’t it amazing how much can change in a few short months at that age? It’s like bringing a whole different kid to Disney sometimes. Thanks for sharing the mini-trip! :goodvibes

It's hard to do a short night trip to Disney, especially when you've been a lot and know all the stuff you're missing out on. Makes it hard not to add on extra nights.

I felt it was only right to do a little shopping in Alex's honor. :rotfl2: And actually, back in August, I shopped a lot, because I had birthday money and needed to go in the stores to escape the brutal heat. Guess only one family member is allowed to shop at one time. :confused3:rotfl:

We are still hoping to do a Disney Cruise, but we are also working around in-laws...so we're not holding our breath. :rolleyes2

I really appreciate being able to take Landon to Disney so much, if only because it really shows me how much he changed in a short span of time. I can't wait for Alex to see it for himself when he comes home.

Love that pic of Landon with his big smile and his sweet glasses! <3

Oh man, I hate you guys didn't enjoy your burgers. I would have complained too. I got a spinach pizza thing at POP in June and like you, I was not impressed. :(

Glad you found your poster you wanted! I am thinking of adding a little Disney to our new nursery, once we find out the gender. <3 I found some prints on Etsy and my sister mentioned that Hobby Lobby has some too!

You can find pretty much anything at Hobby Lobby. :rotfl2: I loved decorating Landon's nursery in little Disney touches. Made it all the more fun.

Pop used to have really good food, not sure what's happened in the last year or so. :confused3

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who sometimes gets spotty WiFi. I hear so many people talk about how strong it is and kept wondering, why is it just me? I will say that in the room it was flawless for me.

Ahhh, I can just soak up the POP views.

Oooooh I do like that poster!!! I've never seen it before. Even with Small World on it, I may have to get me one of those.

"I wish I were exaggerating about my kid’s love of the mouse." C'mon... No you don't. :p It's awesome and you know it. :goodvibes

The wifi was definitely not my friend that trip. In the parks and in my room it worked great, but I could never get any service outside.

I'll admit, I have become attached to Pop Century. Only took 3 stays there to do it. :rotfl2:

The posters are really cool. I like them because they are classic Disney art. Makes me think of the MK every time I look at them.

While, yes, I will admit, I do love Landon's adoration of the mouse, the infatuation can get a little old sometimes. Like, when we're at a friend's house and they put in Frozen for the boys to watch, and my kid breaks down in tears because it's not Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
It's like, "Kid, you can watch Anna and Elsa and survive. Mickey will be waiting for you tomorrow."::yes::

That was a nice couple of days. I mean, it is hard to leave, especially after only a short amount of time. But at least you were able to step foot onto the property and enjoy it a little bit!

I'm sorry about the burger at Pop. That would have been pretty frustrating. I'd have probably been more inclined to find the manager and ask for one that has actually been cooked. It is just hard to throw away a hamburger at Disney prices. :rotfl2: :lmao:

It was hard not to have a full blown Disney trip, but a little Disney time is better than nothing. I know the day is going to come where I won't live so close anymore and vacations to the world will become few and far between.

I loved reading about your trip with your Mom and Landon!

The photos of him lining up the Mickey toys are hysterical... you can really tell he's taking that task seriously!

I wish I knew what went through Landon's mind when he plays with toys. He has this whole little world and system in his head. All his little toy figurines gets lined up at home. Guess they are easier to find that way. :confused3:rotfl:

I recognize that section of beach at Cape Canaveral. I totally agree with you - watching the cruise ships depart is so amazing. I never thought it would be that cool, but it totally is.

Ugh to the burger situation at Pop. That's awful. They really should have replaced your burgers with something else. I am very funny about cold or uncooked meat. Yuck! Glad you lunch was much better than next day.

YAYAYAYAYAY for finding that amazing poster. I am glad you window shopping turned into a must have purchase. That's awesome! :thumbsup2

That part of Cape Canaveral is great. I was so excited when I visited my in-law's new home and saw how perfectly located they were. Not to mention, if all else fails and Landon gets super bored, the beach is always a great entertainer. My local beach is about a 30 minute drive away, so this one is much more convenient when we visit.

I was really excited to stumble upon that poster. I can't wait to find places for some of them in my house now.

apologies but fell a bit behind, so lots of comments :goodvibes

Seeing as even during the "slow" times we have been to Disney the parks are still pretty full it must be kinda weird to be in a park as empty as Sea World seemed to be that day - but hey, you got to everything you wanted and more so that is a positive.

Glad you enjoyed Blue Horizons - heard good things about that one!

Great story of Landon with the Dolphins and telling people to "oook!" :goodvibes

and even better one of him trying to communicate with the Sea Lions! So great!

the lunch scenario does seem a bit odd ... glad you enjoyed the food though!

The giraffe topiary is pretty cool, but not the first thing I would have thought of for a marine focused park :confused3

ah, boys and trains ... what a great photo! And if my boy is any indication, the love affair with trains will only grow

Great job going on Manta and even riding front row!

Nice night shots at Pop - love how the lighting hits all the fun objects

those burgers sound gross. I am the same way that I don't like to return food or make a protest but in that case I think I would have - you should not have had to pay for those burgers. and asking for a manager wouldn not have been having a "stink" in my mind - I mean, you could obviously do it without creating a scene or anything. Anyone of reasonable mind would have at the very least gotten you new food. Oh well, like you said, at least you were already pretty full.

Ah that poster book is so cool. We actually had a 2014 calendar where each month was one of those posters ....we still have December up as I don't want to take it down. Actually, it has perferations to tear off the calendar part and leave just the posters and I think we plan to use them kinda like wallpaper for a section of wall in the kids playroom and then put our trip collages over them :goodvibes

Glad things worked out at Landscape of Flavor - we stopped in there a few trips ago and really like it. Loved the variety of food options and thought the quality was really good too - seemed like a like was fresh made.

Thanks for the detour with this extra trip - was fun!

Bye 'Ickey!!!!! :thumbsup2

We liked the food choices at AOA more than Pop. The make your own pasta was one of my favorites.

Do have any pictures of the posters on the wall? I'd love to see what they look like.

apologies but fell a bit behind, so lots of comments :goodvibes

Seeing as even during the "slow" times we have been to Disney the parks are still pretty full it must be kinda weird to be in a park as empty as Sea World seemed to be that day - but hey, you got to everything you wanted and more so that is a positive.

Glad you enjoyed Blue Horizons - heard good things about that one!

Great story of Landon with the Dolphins and telling people to "oook!" :goodvibes

and even better one of him trying to communicate with the Sea Lions! So great!

the lunch scenario does seem a bit odd ... glad you enjoyed the food though!

The giraffe topiary is pretty cool, but not the first thing I would have thought of for a marine focused park :confused3

ah, boys and trains ... what a great photo! And if my boy is any indication, the love affair with trains will only grow

Great job going on Manta and even riding front row!

Nice night shots at Pop - love how the lighting hits all the fun objects

those burgers sound gross. I am the same way that I don't like to return food or make a protest but in that case I think I would have - you should not have had to pay for those burgers. and asking for a manager wouldn not have been having a "stink" in my mind - I mean, you could obviously do it without creating a scene or anything. Anyone of reasonable mind would have at the very least gotten you new food. Oh well, like you said, at least you were already pretty full.

Ah that poster book is so cool. We actually had a 2014 calendar where each month was one of those posters ....we still have December up as I don't want to take it down. Actually, it has perferations to tear off the calendar part and leave just the posters and I think we plan to use them kinda like wallpaper for a section of wall in the kids playroom and then put our trip collages over them :goodvibes

Glad things worked out at Landscape of Flavor - we stopped in there a few trips ago and really like it. Loved the variety of food options and thought the quality was really good too - seemed like a like was fresh made.

Thanks for the detour with this extra trip - was fun!

Bye 'Ickey!!!!! :thumbsup2

It was a little creepy, seeing the park so empty. I have been in the Mk a couple times near the end of a 3 hour evening EMH, and it just looks wrong, all the empty queues and quiet rides. Like the setting of a horror movie or something.:rotfl2:

I agree. I think Landon's going to have that love of trains for awhile. And you should have seen him in August at the CR with the monorail. I posted a video to my facebook of his reaction, because it was just so ridiculous and hilarious. :lmao:

That calender sounds really cool. I would definitely tear of the posters and keep them for wall art. And I bet they'd look perfect in a kid's playroom. Hmmm....maybe that's where some of mine will end up. :confused3:rotfl:

We liked the food choices at AOA more than Pop. The make your own pasta was one of my favorites.

Do have any pictures of the posters on the wall? I'd love to see what they look like.

The make your own pasta did look really good. But how do you choose? Too many options! :rotfl2:

Alex and I are actually moving into a new house after he gets back from his deployment, so I haven't put the posters up yet. But when I do I'll definitely take photos of them and post them!

Back on track! Just as heads up, I might start posting updates on a more frequent basis. My goal was to try and have this trip report finished before Alex came home, and since it's crunch time and that has definitely not happened, I'm going to try and get as far along as possible.

Tuesday, May 13th, 2014:

When I last left off - before a long detour to December - Alex, Landon, and I had left the Magic Kingdom and were driving back to Animal Kingdom Lodge. The goal was to put Landon down for a nap and then rest ourselves for an hour or so. We were hot and tired and needed that afternoon break in our air conditioned room.

Unfortunately, Landon was so tired he fell asleep after we transferred him from the car seat to the stroller. Alex and I were hoping we could keep him awake until the room, but that didn't go as planned.

And back in the room I made a major mommy mistake. Stupidly, I tried to move Landon from the stroller to the Pack and Play.

Yeah.

That was the end of naptime for everyone.

Landon woke up, and he woke up in a horrendous mood. Forget never waking a sleeping bear, never wake a sleeping Landon!

I hadn't wanted him to get hot and uncomfortable in the stroller, but the minute his eyes opened, I realized I should have just left him in there. We all could have gotten some sleep and Landon wouldn't have noticed the difference.

Hindsight, though...

Instead of getting that nap we were anticipating, Alex and I spent an hour doing our very best to put Landon back to sleep. Feeding him, rocking him, walking him up and down the hallways: all things we tried and all things that failed.

Landon was up and was not going to go back down.

That was definitely not my smartest parenting move, but it was sure a quick teaching opportunity for me. I can say with certainty that I haven't tried to transfer Landon out of the stroller while he's asleep unless I absolutely have to.

At 2 p.m, barely an hour after we walked through our room door, Alex and I decided it was dumb to sit around our resort room with an awake and playing toddler. Might as well head back to the parks for a little while.

We took the bus this time around, and while we waited for one to show up, we met and chatted with another family of three. They had a daughter about 6 months older than Landon, and the two kids hit it off. They were a sweet bunch, and we shared our favorite attractions/shows to watch with young children.

Since we hadn't used all our Fastpasses in the Magic Kingdom, I had gone on earlier that morning and changed the times for some to later in the evening, so Alex and I were headed back to that park.

As we suspected, Landon fell asleep about thirty feet before the park entrance.

Whatever.

At least he was asleep.

Our timing worked out just perfectly by the fact that the Festival of Fantasy parade was currently underway. It was still back in Frontierland when we were in Town Square, so all we came upon was a bunch of people sitting on the sidewalk and Cast Members everywhere.

Two of the said Cast Members were super friendly and said hello to us as we walked by. Alex happened to spot a pin on one of their lanyards that I'd been eye balling in a store the previous day, so he brought it to my attention. Not only did I manage to get that one, but I also spotted a limited edition cast member Halloween pin, so it was a big win for me.

I rarely pin trade, but when I do, it's because I spotted something really cool.
:lmao:

Alex and I debated staying and watching the Festival of Fantasy parade. We weren't big daytime parade people, and Landon was asleep so we had our pick of things to do, but the question answered itself when we saw an empty spot about 3 rows deep in the crowd.

Why not?

From the pictures I'd seen online, the parade actually looked interesting, and we could say we did something new on this trip.

I remember a time when the Beast was like Anna and Elsa and EVERYBODY wanted to see him in the parade.

Speaking of:

I wonder if they put them first on purpose. Like, "Here they are, say hello, now, chill out and enjoy all the other characters we put a lot of effort into including."
:rotfl:

My favorite float in the parade was the Tangled one.

The little details like the frying pan and including Pascal and Maximus really amused me. Not to mention Flynn's seat has to be the most fun spot to be in the parade.

I'd want to swing back and forth while smoldering the whole parade route. Talk about fun...

Now, Ariel in her clamshell?

Nope.

Not a chance.

She was HIGH UP THERE.

The Peter Pan float was also very cool and fresh:

Not the same old, same old Neverland theme we're used to seeing.

But, of course, the main event of the parade, by far the most memorable, was the Maleficent dragon.

I knew it was going to be cool, but I was surprised by how impressive it really was. It wasn't like anything I'd ever seen before at Disney, which made it new and original. I felt like Disney decided to go with what they wanted to do versus what they thoughts the guests would like, and I think the result was a much more creative and powerful show.

I just feel like there was an Imaginear somewhere in a planning meeting who said, "You know, when I think Maleficant and Sleeping Beauty, I think Steampunk. All those trees turning into vines and the dark element of the film...Why not go with that? So what if a lot of guests don't know what steampunk is? So it might be a little dark for kids;it'd be awesome."

I don't know, I thought it was a great element to the parade. And I thought adding the Fab 5 characters right afterwards with their bright and colorful and almost circus-like floats was also a brilliant idea. Like the rainbow after a thunderstorm.

There was so much going on in this float that I know I missed half of it.

By the end of the parade, I was extremely glad we'd stopped and watched it. Festival of Fantasy was a great addition to the parks and it gave new life to old float ideas. It made me wish Disney had done more floats from additional films, just because I wanted to see what else they'd come up with. I couldn't, in my wildest dreams, have come up with those creations.

To think that those structures and costumes and the music were products of people's imaginations and creativity.

Kind of blows my mind.

The show over and Landon still napping, Alex and I headed towards Fantasyland.

I was keeping a close eye on the sky, because during the parade it was beginning to get dark and cloudy. I figured we had half an hour, maybe an hour, before the rain found us.

Back at the bus stop, Alex had been messaging back and forth with a fellow DISDad, Josh, AKA: compshu. They had both been trying to plan a time to have a DISmeet since learning that they'd be at Disney at the same time. And it just so happened that we both had Under the Sea Fastpasses within thirty minutes of each other, and they had just finished watching the parade, as well. So they agreed to meet in front of the attraction after the show was over.

I got to admit, it was a little weird not being the one to know the DISer. I finally knew how Alex felt all the times I walked him up to a virtual stranger and said hello. It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, it just made me feel like I was missing something. Like, I'd been left out of a joke.

Just like Alex, Josh was there with his family. A wife, two daughters, and a little boy, all of whom were extremely nice and friendly. I have to wonder what the wife thought of all of it, since at least I was familiar with the DISmeet process.

The girls talked for awhile about their pins; they showed us their lanyards and looked at Alex's, and we asked them what rides they'd been on so far, etc etc. Then Alex talked to Josh about something incredibly cool he had done the previous day.

Josh is in the Marines and he reenlisted AT the Magic Kingdom.

Whaaaaa?!?

He wrote a trip report last summer and there's a post explaining all about it with some cool pictures. Here's the link if you're interested:

[thread=3282817]Just Go With It[/thread]

To summarize, though, in the military, you enlist for a certain amount of years. I don't know a lot about the Marines, so I'm going to explain how it is in the Air Force. The general reup amount is 4 years. At the end of your term, you can either get out or you can reenlist for another 4 years. And if you do decide to reenlist, there's a ceremony involved. You and an officer of your choosing has to stand before a flag and read from a script that basically swears you out of duty and then swears you back in. (There's also a lot of boring paperwork involved but that's not the cool part to talk about.) The event can be as big or small as you want it to be, and for some it is a big deal and for others it isn't. A lot depends on how many years you already have and who's with you. For example, when Alex decided to reenlist after his initial 4 years, it was a major decision, because he had come to the resolution that he would be career military, meaning he decided he was going to stay in until retirement. He was basically cementing his career path. Whereas, this last time he did it, he was just trying to get it done, because he had every intention of reenlisting and was just trying to make sure everything was squared away before his deployment.

I hope all that made sense...

Either way, Josh had found a fellow Marine that lived in the area before he left for his trip and asked him to perform the reenlistment ceremony. The guy agreed, because I guess he had Annual Passes and could spend the rest of the day in the parks. So, the two met up at the entrance to MK, went over to the flag pole in Town Square, found a Photopass Photographer willing to take some pictures, and had the event done.

As a military brat and someone who kind of lives, breaths, and sleeps the military life, it was a really cool story to hear and the pictures were awesome to look at. It was definitely something that made Alex go, "Man, I wish I'd thought of that!"

After chit chatting for a few more minutes, they all got together for a few quick pictures.

Landon was still dozing away at that time.

We said our goodbyes shortly after taking the photos. Our LM FPs were close to being ready, but it was unbelievably hot out and Landon was starting to wake up. Alex and I decided it was best to get somewhere cool and eat a snack.

Gaston's Tavern appealed to us the most, so we went in there and split a cinnamon roll.

We'd never had the cinnamon roll before, but we'd seen and heard many reviews about its size and splendor. So, we had to try it for ourselves.

And man oh man, you all didn't lie.

That thing was massive!

Literally bigger than Alex's fist. We took a picture to prove it.

f1 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

I could not believe how big that roll was, and I was immensely glad I had suggested we split one rather than each get our own. There was no way I could polished off one of those bad boys single handed.

Despite not getting a nap earlier in the day and making a parental boo-boo, I was feeling pretty good about how our afternoon had turned out. We'd gotten to see the parade, conducted a DISmeet, and had some sugary doughy goodness in our bellies. We were on a roll. (Or a sugar high.)

Unfortunately, Landon woke up as we were finishing our food and threw a monkey wrench in my positive outlook.

Kids are great at that.

Up next: Apparently, I was off my parenting game that day.

Last edited:
Ah the "sleeping kid transfer" - always like playing with fire. My son tends to transfer really poorly so we've had lots of time where we return home and he is asleep in his car seat and we will just let him sleep and one of us stays in the car with him. At least you got to go back to the parks when he work up and it kinda turned into a positive :thumbsup2

"I don't always pin trade, but when I do, it’s because I spotted something really cool. Stay magical my friends" - the Most Interesting DISer in the World

Glad things worked out and you were able to see the parade and enjoyed it. I do love the creativity they showed with the floats and hope this carried through to other parades they do in the future rather than just reusing things

Glad the DISmeet worked out as well. I followed Josh's TR and reading the re-enlisting story was really cool to me - and I am sure like 10x as much for you as a fellow military family

Yeah, I'd say that qualifies as a "large" cinnamon roll :rotfl2:

Oh my gosh, when you said you were at the MK bus stop at 2, I was really hoping this update would include some FoF goodness! I may or may not be completely obsessed with that parade and I may or may not have watched it 8 times in 2014. :lmao: So glad you enjoyed it too!

I'm not very 'in the know' about the military, but that was definitely an interesting story. How cool! And awesome that Alex got to have his very own DISmeet! :)

We have a saying in our house.... "DON'T WAKE THE DRAGON!!!" :rotfl: As soon as I saw that you even thought of attempting to move him out of the stroller the mommy in me went "uh oh! That won't be pretty!" :rotfl: Glad you were able to bounce back from it a little bit at least.

THose cinnamon rolls look good.

I think you made a wise decision seeing the Festival of Fantasy. I fell in love with this parade and I DO NOT care much for the daytime parades normally. I am genuinely looking forward to seeing it again.

Ah that's so cool that the DISmeet was actually Alex's. I never really thought about it, but yeah, I guess it would seem strange to be on the outside.

Oh good lord yeah that cinnamon roll is a full on beast. :lmao: Don't tell Gaston!

Oh yeah, I have been there about transferrring a sleeping baby. Just don't do it. LOL...

But, I am glad that you guys got to catch the FOF parade.. You know I missed it last time and have such high hopes about seeing it next month!! EEEEKKKKKK

Yay for a DIS meet. Landon is really knocked out on Alex. Such a precious boy.

Wow... major parenting rookie mistake there! If they're asleep in the stroller and you can get it to where you're going... don't touch them! :rotfl2:

Clearly, you learned from that experience.

I'm glad you got to see the Festival of Fantasy parade. We never really could work it out, and I was kind of looking forward to seeing it.

The cinnamon roll looks good. I never got a chance to try one to see if it is as good as the ones they used to have at Main Street Bakery. If it was anything close to how those were, I know it had to have been quite a treat.

Wow, that stroller-to-PnP transfer attempt was EXACTLY what we did on our Dec. 2013 trip! :eek: And, like you, we never tried it again. We'd get back at night and let her keep sleeping in the stroller until her middle-of-the-night-wake-up (that she still did then). No messing with her while asleep! :rotfl:

Isn't that an amazing parade?! I was really blown away by it. Just captivating and beautiful and fascinating.

But a real snoozer for Landon. :rotfl:

I love how he's sound asleep in the DIS-Dad-meet picture! :lovestruc

Like, I’d been left out of a joke.
From what I've seen of the DIS Dads, you probably had. It probably involved bacon. :rotfl2:

WOW. That cinnamon roll puts the old (giant) Main Street Bakery one to shame. :faint:

Well aside from the nap snafu it sounds like a fun afternoon! I think that's always the best time to see a parade, when you happen upon it and find a decent spot. You go into it with lower expectations I think and it always seems more impressive!

Giant cinnamon buns..... it'll be a toss up between that and a nutella waffle for breakfast on my MK morning.

Ahh yes - sleeping toddler. Changing positions is never a good thing. But at least he went back to sleep and you had some quiet times at the MK.

Well look at Alex - arranging his own DIS meet. I am pretty impressed there. :worship:

And what a cool idea to reenlist at the MK. I love that! So original!

Yup - that is one huge cinnamon roll!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter