Let's try this again... Dopey 2.0 Updated 12/30

I love the medals! I didn't realize the marathon medal was a spinner! I'm just happy I was able to get into Goofy this late, but I love that Dopey medal so much! Jealous!

I love the medals! I didn't realize the marathon medal was a spinner! I'm just happy I was able to get into Goofy this late, but I love that Dopey medal so much! Jealous!
This is my first spinner so I’m very excited!

I totally stopped getting notificaions on this report-so leaving this lame comment, to hopefully start getting them again ;)

It has been nearly a month since I last posted an update but here is one!

Milwaukee Marathon 10K recap!

So my goal was to PR. My 10K PR previously was 1:13:37 from the 2015 WDW 10K.

Woke up and got moving a bit late so missed the pre-race Diser meet up. It was a little chilly and quite windy before the start of the race. Only one "corral" The Half and Full went off at 6:30AM and then the 10K at 7AM.

Got warmed up relatively quickly. The course itself was fine. Running right along Lake Michigan was cool but didn't help with the wind. I had to make one pit stop during the race for a bathroom which was fine.

Post race, they had water, gatorade and chocolate milk! I wish Disney gave chocolate milk. Pretzels, granola bars, and bananas were the food options. Saw a former teacher at the race which was nice. I also got to meet up with Disers DopeyBadger and roxymama as well.

My unofficial finish time... 55:41! Very happy with that.

IMG_0924.JPG

Walt Disney Marathon Weekend Countdown!
Arrival - 79 Days
5K - 80 Days
10K - 81 Days
Half - 82 Days
Full - 83 Days

Congrats on the PR! I love that the medal has the Milwaukee skyline ... that's pretty cool and adds a special local touch!

The trip is getting closer and closer ... less than 3 weeks to FP+, right? It'll be January before you know it.

Congrats on the PR! I love that the medal has the Milwaukee skyline ... that's pretty cool and adds a special local touch!

The trip is getting closer and closer ... less than 3 weeks to FP+, right? It'll be January before you know it.
Yeah, I think the only downside is all the medals for all the races today were the same except for the the ribbon.

I need to start preparing my schedule for what FPs I want!

Cool medal! It sounds like quite the PR on that 10k. Very impressive.

I can't believe how close marathon weekend seems to be getting.

Exciting to be in the 70's now!!!! I have to get my FP plans sorted out, so I'll be ready to go on #60!

Congrats on the awesome PR! This year's 10K at WDW is my first ever. Hoping it goes well considering my training has been anything but on track!!!

Cool medal! It sounds like quite the PR on that 10k. Very impressive.

I can't believe how close marathon weekend seems to be getting.

Thanks!

Yes, it’s going to be here before we know it!

Exciting to be in the 70's now!!!! I have to get my FP plans sorted out, so I'll be ready to go on #60!

Congrats on the awesome PR! This year's 10K at WDW is my first ever. Hoping it goes well considering my training has been anything but on track!!!

I have to get my plans together too!

Thanks! You’ll do just fine!

Congratulations on the big PR! It's nice that you got a medal for the 10K.

My fast pass day falls on a Saturday, and I'm trying to figure out dealing with that and a group long run plan. It's a training run for a friend that has a 100 miler coming up, and involves traveling. When two obsessions collide...

Congratulations on the big PR! It's nice that you got a medal for the 10K.

My fast pass day falls on a Saturday, and I'm trying to figure out dealing with that and a group long run plan. It's a training run for a friend that has a 100 miler coming up, and involves traveling. When two obsessions collide...
Thanks!

Good luck with FPs and the long run!

Some small tidbits...

We are only 16 days aways from Fastpass day. I really need to start looking at which FPs we are going to get. I can't believe we are already this close to race weekend. My training is going fine but I feel like time is flying by.

Well I never thought this would happen but it did, I am an Annual Passholder! Right now I only have the marathon weekend trip booked but I am looking at a spring break trip and a possible Wine and Dine half marathon weekend trip. I don't think it will sink in that I have an AP until I am in WDW.

Finally,

The Milwaukee Marathon events were investigated and found that the full marathon and 10K courses were short and not the full distances they should have been. This makes sense since my watch didn't read the full 6.2. This would really suck for anyone trying to use this race as a qualifier for another race like Boston or something. So instead of PR'ing in a 10K I PR'd in a 5.9ish mile race :)

The Milwaukee Marathon events were investigated and found that the full marathon and 10K courses were short and not the full distances they should have been. This makes sense since my watch didn't read the full 6.2. This would really suck for anyone trying to use this race as a qualifier for another race like Boston or something. So instead of PR'ing in a 10K I PR'd in a 5.9ish mile race :)

That sucks that the courses were short!

Congrats on being an AP holder!

We are only 16 days aways from Fastpass day. I really need to start looking at which FPs we are going to get.

I would be interested to know what fastpasses you were thinking of getting and how close to the tiem you have to be. I have a vague plan to try to get on one or two rides during the marathon but I've no idea of the logistics involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!