lets hear your most embarrassing moments at DL

disneegrl4eva

DIS Veteran
since Im starting a new thread I guess I have to tell you mine first...ok to begin with it was embarrassing at the time...but the thing that makes it soooooo bad is that anytime disneyland is mentioned when my daughter and I are in the same room she HAS to tell everyone about what happened when she was 8 years old..keep in mind she is now 20...so Im never gonna live this one down....

on this one trip we were staying at the disneyland hotel...way before they built the neverland pool...those of you who remember it back that far remember there use to be a lake of sorts where you could ride paddle boats around it...well this one time my daughter and I went to ride on the paddle boat and as I was getting in...the boat started to rock and i fell on one leg...didnt hurt btw but the problem was my other leg was stuck outside of the boat and it had started moving away from the dock area...I just happened to be wearing sandals so of course it was trying to come off my foot...I couldnt move for fear of losing my shoe (they were brand new...just bought for that trip) so i started hollering for cms and it took 3 ...3 mind you...3 cms to get me up and back on the dock...my dd was laughing hysterically the whole time...I was yelling at her to be quiet but she knew I was in no position to do anything to her....do you have any idea how much attention was drawn to me having 3 cms try to pull me up...my butt in the air and being on one leg?? :sad2: :faint:

LOL........ :lmao: You're looking for a "TAG" aren't you??

disneegrl4eva said:
it took 3 cms to pull me up...my butt in the air :sad2: :faint:
:rotfl2: That's really funny! I'm not sure what would be scarier, falling in the drink, losing the brand new shoe, or being forced to do the splits over water! :scared1:

Interesting about the DLH pool, I hadn't realized that was a fairly new addition!

rosiep said:
LOL........ :lmao: You're looking for a "TAG" aren't you??

well the embarrassing suggestion got me to thinking and how I could forget this for even a second I dont know but if the loverly tag fairy wanted to give me one I wouldnt object :love: hehe

Alex2kMommy said:
OK, I'm not telling rosie any more secrets... :rolleyes: ;)

:rotfl: Rosies getting everybody in trouble....threatening to go to new board if we didnt spill about the secret bathroom....snitchin on you about the tag fairy stuff....Rosie, your a newbie we are going to pixiedust: you into oblivion if you dont stop :stir: :lmao:

Okay, this isn't mine, but I have to share for my sister.... Also, I must say that my sister is accident prone. If something is going to happen, it will happen to TT.
Last year when we went to ToonTown, my boys soo wanted to go to see Mickey's house. :mickeyjum Imagine a 5 & 7 year old with those pulleeez faces :teeth: Well, my sister insisted that we wait a bit and convinced them to go and play in the treehouse first... This wasn't what they wanted, but they were good sports and started to head over there. I turn around for 1 second and look back to see my sister flat on her back. You see, she didn't realize that there was a curb where she was standing and when she went to take a step back, she missed and gracefully (NOT) landed on her backside... My year old was the first one who asked if she was okay. When she replied yes :blush: she was okay, he told her that she probably wouldn't have fallen if we would have just walked to Mickey's house. "because that way you would have been facing the right way when you went off the curb".. Kids say the darndest things... I was waiting for :furious:, but she laughed and sat there for a bit :rotfl2:.. Thankfully, there weren't many people around to witness this, but we will never let her forget her little trip in ToonTown...

:jumping1:

Ok, a story about how I embarrassed my dd (5 at the time). The is was the first time she ever felt embarrassed so it's a classic in our family. We are obsessed with Fantasmic! :smickey: . We watch it front row, center every time we go. My kids just love it. Well, one day we went over to TSI and we were on "stage" looking over at NOS. I started doing the opening dance that Mickey does to Fantasmic! You know arms swaying back and forth big movements, acting like I was Mickey in the show. Well, my 3 year old was eating it up. He thought it was the funniest thing and started doing it with me. My husband was enjoying it too. We were all laughing and I looked around to see my dd and she was backing about 20 ft away from me begging me to stop. Her face was bright red. I walked over and asked if she was embarrassed by mommy. She said "no". I then asked if she was afraid people might laugh at me and see her with me. She answered "Yes, they will make fun of you and I dont want to be here Please stop" I died laughing and said "Honey, this is just the first of thousands of times mommy will embarrass you. That is what it means!" She said "I want to change my answer to yes. I'm embarrassed please dont do that anymore." The whole trip I would start dancing whenever she was in a pouty mood and it seemed to scare her enough that she immediately got in a good mood. For me, I ALWAYS do stupid or clumsy things so I rarely get embarrassed.

:lmao: Thats so funny. My mom had a very similar experience with a canoe once. I laughed my DIS Guidelines: 2. NO PROFANITY: Profanity has no place on these boards. The boards are equipped with censoring software and will not permit messages containing inappropriate language to be posted. Profanity includes attempts to bypass the built in filter that these boards contain to avoid such words. Anyone found trying to bypass the filter will have their posting privileges revoked. Further, profanity includes suggestive or inappropriate photos. This is a family site, and other sites exist that contain more lenient guidelines regarding such matters. off. I can see where your daughter was coming from. But at the same time, I feel bad for you and my mom now.

Well my story isn't nearly as funny as any of yours and it isn't about me. But nevertheless it did embarrass my sister and it is my sisterly duty to tell it to a whole bunch of strangers.
So it was late in the evening and my sister and I were on Splash mountain, there were very few people on that ride so we got the whole log to ourselves. My sister is a little bit afraid of the muppets on that ride so as we went through she was shaking her fist at all the singing puppets and the two of us were on a sugar high from all the churros and candy we'd had so we were laughing hysterically through the whole ride. Well when we came to the end and there is the big climb right before the final drop the ride stopped for a few minutes and my sister was shaking her fist violently and screaming at this puppet that is above our heads. Because she is looking up she can't see the CM that is standing to the side watching the two of us. I see him so I start laughing even harder which makes it impossible for me to tell her she's being watched. She continues shaking her fist and screaming at this puppet for about 30 seconds, the CM is also laughing and pulls out his flashlight. He shines the light at her and scares the crap out of her! She handled her embarrassment nicely though, she began shaking her fist at the CM! The CM just laughed and then we went up the hill and over the drop.

disneegrl4eva said:

:rotfl: Rosies getting everybody in trouble....threatening to go to new board if we didnt spill about the secret bathroom....snitchin on you about the tag fairy stuff....Rosie, your a newbie we are going to pixiedust: you into oblivion if you dont stop :stir: :lmao:

Paying attention to my posts eh???? :woohoo:

How about instead of embarassing moments, what do you do at Disney that you would be embarassed to do in regular life?

Wear a hat with ears.
Wear a bandana, hold a pirate sword and yell "Arghhh!" at complete strangers (we did the Discover the Magic tour)
Use a fanny pack.

Anyone else?

samkj said:
How about instead of embarassing moments, what do you do at Disney that you would be embarassed to do in regular life?

Wear a hat with ears.
Wear a bandana, hold a pirate sword and yell "Arghhh!" at complete strangers (we did the Discover the Magic tour)
Use a fanny pack.

Anyone else?

Two years ago I took a trip to DW with my Mother. We were there for Mickey's Halloween and she was bummed that we hadn't dressed up. One of the nights perks were that they were taking pictures and sending them to you for free. When our turn came my Mom suggested we wear our Halloween decorated plastic bags on our heads..........and I did...just to make Mom happy. If I can find the picture I'll post it...Now you understand why I'm so sassy...it's Mother rebellion!

I am 51 with the energy and pep of a 6 year old. No kidding. Last year I went to Disneyland (I made ten trips last year, live close) with my daughter and her family. We got there late, around 4 pm. The night before I didn't sleep because someone "egged" our house and my daughter's van. Needless to say it was one of those nights where DL stayed open until midnight or 1 am, I don't remember. At 11pm I pooped out. They were not ready to leave. So they rented a WHEELCHAIR and put me in it! I was pushed around in that thing for two hours, that much I do remember. The embarrassing part was that while they were riding the MATTERHORN I fell asleep in the wheelchair. :sad2: When they came out I was slumped over and drooling allover myself. :joker: My daughter took a picture and was going to blow it up and post it on a board for my big 50th birthday party! I told her if she did I WOULD NEVER SPEAK TO HER AGAIN! The picture was pitiful! :furious: Since then I have lost 35 lbs and now they cannot keep up with me at DL. That's my embarrassing story...no matter how tired you get just leave and go to the hotel...tell your family they can stay but you need to go. :cool1:

50thisyeartoo! said:
. The embarrassing part was that while they were riding the MATTERHORN I fell asleep in the wheelchair. :sad2: When they came out I was slumped over and drooling allover myself. :joker:

:rotfl: haha that was funny but I still think me being in the paddle boats with my butt up in the air down on one leg and the other stretched out in back of me is still the winner here :sad2:

50thisyeartoo! said:
My daughter took a picture [of me in a wheelchair slumped over and drooling all over myself] and was going to blow it up and post it on a board for my big 50th birthday party!

OMG I can't stop laughing! I keep picturing this photo being used in some kind of high school reunion montage. You know, people who haven't seen you for 30 years thinking this is how you've ended up. Now I know why my 49 yo dh refused to even consider a wheelchair when he was having knee problems two years ago.

I'm not quite sure if it was embarasing but it did hurt.We were at WDW a couple of years ago.When we were on Splash Mountain there were a couple of teenagers in front of us.We went down the last drop and the kid's hat in front of me came off and hit me square in the face.It went flying and I was already screaming so no one knew why I was yelling.When we got off,he tried to ask us if we knew were it was, but trying to explain to him that it hit me and it was gone was difficult because we weren't speaking the same language.oh well.

I'm not sure if this one can really be called embarrassing. Except for maybe in a list of words that describes it - it would be on a list. But not a fun embarrassing.

We were heading out of the park just before the fireworks were to start and the streets were packed! Then a cast member showed us a roped off area and told us we could go that way to get out more easily. We were thrilled! We had a wide open path with just a few people on it who were also leaving. It took us through a gate and behind a building.

There were 2 rows of cast members with these flashlight-wand-things and it looked so pretty, all those wands waving us all down the path. I stopped at the end and turned around to get a picture of all the cast members waving their wands.

Suddenly, a male cast member comes running at me, YELLING in a very MEAN voice that I could not take any pictures of backstage.

I had my little girl right next to me. We'd had a magical day. Then this guy YELLS at me. I was ticked and worried about my DD and how/what she'd think of Disney (she's very protective of her family!) and embarrassed and almost started to cry.

How much better would it have been had someone just calmly told me that we can't take pictures of back stage? Instead, he just totally burst my big ol' happy magical bubble with his meanness! :sad2:

We where staying at the DH. My grandaughter wanted to go swimming in the pool. So we went down and played in the pool.There was another mom there playing wth her kids. It was time for her and her kids to leave. When she got out of the pool she was showing everything behind her. Her bathing suite had ripped from one end to the other. I ran over with a towel and gave it to her and her husband said couldnt you feel the cold air?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter