Let's go streaking! (comments welcome)

Hazelon

Earning My Ears
No nudity this is a family board. ;)

An official running streak as defined by Streak Runners International INC., I had NO idea this was even a thing, is running at least one mile every day for a year.

My goal is just the month of July, and see where it goes from there. So far I'm training to avenge the strip, and hopefully for Princess GSC. I'm going to try and sprinkle in a half marathon early fall, or late summer.

I've been running awhile so I know my legs can take it. I think it'll just be a fun and challenging way to stay motivated through the summer and the start of a training cycle.

Basically I'm going to streak for a month starting Friday, and I need some accountability.

Nearly 50 views and I didn't even streak yet! :ssst:

Whelp now that it's day two I'm officially on a streak, a tiny baby one, but a streak none the less.

My biggest issue is going to be taking it easy. I used my mile today as speed work, and realized as I was huffing and puffing post sprinting that a streak is more for the fun of it than anything else. I really need to take it a bit easier on those runs. Today in my training plan is a flat recovery day and here I am pushing. You can't push, and push, and push, and then be surprised when something breaks.

Tomorrow will be a nice jog.

I'm hoping for the Dean Karnazes theory that the more you do it the more your body will be used to it will be proven true for me with the first mile or so of any run.

Also I've found out when you explain the idea of Avenge the Strip to non runners they look at you like you just cut your own arm off, so that's been fun.

Four days in and still streaking. Even with a new baby (kitten) that's keeping me up all night with intervals of crying and playing.

Tomorrow starts marathon training so we'll see how hard it'll be to get out there for at least a mile on rest days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter