Let's all root for 60% vaccination in Hawaii!

Well apparently Walgreens doesn't do the Rapid test in CA? So now over the 4th we will have to worry about our results being done in time. I am so upset right now. I did what I was supposed to. I got my stupid vaccine and made my daughter just so we didn't have to deal with this. Why not July 1? That makes so much more sense to me than the 8th. Ughhh, just venting but highly annoyed. Any suggestions on what to do?

Last edited:
Well apparently Walgreens doesn't do the Rapid test in CA? So now over the 4th we will have to worry about our results being done in time. I am so upset right now. I did what I was supposed to. I got my stupid vaccine and made my daughter just so we didn't have to deal with this. Why not July 1? That makes so much more sense to me than the 8th. Ughhh, just venting but highly annoyed. Any suggestions on what to do?

Where in CA will you be? Check for CVS, Rite-Aid, or Passport Health locations near there. You’ll probably need to make an appointment, but should be able to set that up for your desired date/time. You’ll need the Fit-to-Fly certificate.

Where in CA will you be? Check for CVS, Rite-Aid, or Passport Health locations near there. You’ll probably need to make an appointment, but should be able to set that up for your desired date/time. You’ll need the Fit-to-Fly certificate.
Manteca? (we live in Florida and stopping to visit on our way) I think Modesto is near. Are the above mentioned free or do you have to pay?

So now heres the question, I leave for Hawaii July 8, do i still book a covid test just in case they change their minds again?

Manteca? (we live in Florida and stopping to visit on our way) I think Modesto is near. Are the above mentioned free or do you have to pay?
I know CVS PCR and Walgreens PCR and ID NOW are free. Not sure about the others. Note that for CVS and Walgreens, you self collect in the drive thru and most do NOT have walk up (ie you have to have a car) for the PCR or ID NOW (NAAT). Some do have walk up for the rapid antigen tests which won’t work for Hawaii. So make sure you have a car to drive to the pharmacy for testing.

What is a fit to fly certificate? We are doing the Walgreens ID now next week. I know we upload our negative results but is there another certificate we need as well?

We are flying out on 7/9 but are still going to get the Walgreens test - I’m not risking the system not working the day it’s launched!

Looks like July 8th is the magic day. If you're fully vaccinated, you only have to upload your completed CDC vaccination card and bring it with you to the airport.

So now heres the question, I leave for Hawaii July 8, do i still book a covid test just in case they change their minds again?
The article said they are projecting July 8th they will reach 60%. Does not mean they will reach 60% on that day. So yes, you probably should plan on getting a covid test.

Looks like July 8th is the magic day. If you're fully vaccinated, you only have to upload your completed CDC vaccination card and bring it with you to the airport.
Only if they reach 60%….they are projecting they will reach it by July 8th

An article on Hawaii News Now says July 8th is the date, whether 60% is reached or not or even if 60% is reached sooner.

July 8th was set as the date by Gov. Ige to give everyone a definite date.

Here is the press conference. Around 3:42 is when Gov. Ige gives the July 8th date.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=801582517385824&ref=watch_permalink

Gov. Ige has also started to hedge his bets against the 70% target. He has mentioned it is a goal that may never be reached and that other metrics may be used to remove the final restrictions.

Gov. Ige does also hedge his bet to say he may completely lock the island down again if he sees a need, while not saying what that need might be.

Last edited:
Agree. The announcement makes it sound like July 8 is definitely the date, not just a projection. But I think for people leaving on the eighth or ninth like myself it might be cutting it a bit close. I’m probably still going to get the test done. Too much on the line to cut it close.

Found 3 spots at a Cityhealth urgent care that an Aulani Facebook group recommended. It will be about an hour away from where we are staying. Has anyone had experience with that? Said results guarranteed by 48 hours but hoping the 4th doesn't mess it up. We test on Friday the 2nd at 6:30pm and fly out of SF on Monday the 5th.

While this is good news and a step in the right direction, it still leads to some pretty stupid outcomes. We're a party of 8.

Five adults, fully vaccinated.
Two under 5, exempt from testing.
One 7 year old.

So we still have to go through the testing rigmarole for my first grader who is too young to be vaccinated but too old to be exempt from testing.

The article said they are projecting July 8th they will reach 60%. Does not mean they will reach 60% on that day. So yes, you probably should plan on getting a covid test.
That is not correct. July 8th is a firm date, period. You're correct that they PICKED July 8th because that's when they expect to hit 60%, but they're tossing the percentages aside at this point and going with the date instead. If they hit 60% on July 3, it's still July 8. If they hit 60% on July 12, it's still July 8.

60% is no longer relevant.

Found 3 spots at a Cityhealth urgent care that an Aulani Facebook group recommended. It will be about an hour away from where we are staying. Has anyone had experience with that? Said results guarranteed by 48 hours but hoping the 4th doesn't mess it up. We test on Friday the 2nd at 6:30pm and fly out of SF on Monday the 5th.
Have you tried going through your airline? Hawaiian has preferred testers, including at-home kits you do yourself via webcam, so there's no guessing about appointments or which tests are eligible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter