Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

Hi Tracy,
Congratulations on your new venture! It's awesome that all of your hard work in school paid off so quickly for you after you finished. Gotta love that!
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I don't think it's possible to ever really be ready for it, but it's especially hard when it's so unexpected. Sending out a big Fenway cheer for her though, for not giving up on our boys after many, lets face it, excruciating years. Keeping Red Sox nation alive and well out there, and passing on her love for her "Sawx" to you so that you can do the same.

When I was growing up I had a great uncle who was born and raised in Boston, and during WWII he met his future wife who was from Syracuse,and they ended up living in North Tonawanda. He was a die hard Red Sox fan through the Ted Williams era, the Yaz years, and right up until the moment that the ball went between poor Billy Buckner's legs in 1986 , which almost put him in the hospital. At that moment my Aunt told him that

there would be no more Red Sox games on in that house, and she stuck to it for years.😩 She did soften up by the time 2004 rolled around though, so he didn't miss that luckily. Anyway, I always thought of him as a hero when I was a kid, out there thumbing his nose at Yankee fans and never giving up hope,lol. Anytime they win it now (or tank,lol) I think of him.

I'm sure you and your grandmother made some special memories together in 2004 and since with this great connection you have. My condolences to you. Hang in there,and I'm sure you will continue to make her proud.

Congratulations on your new venture! It's awesome that all of your hard work in school paid off so quickly for you after you finished. Gotta love that!
Thank you so much! You're absolutely right?! It didn't take long for school to pay off for me :goodvibes

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I don't think it's possible to ever really be ready for it, but it's especially hard when it's so unexpected. Sending out a big Fenway cheer for her though, for not giving up on our boys after many, lets face it, excruciating years. Keeping Red Sox nation alive and well out there, and passing on her love for her "Sawx" to you so that you can do the same.
Thank you so much, Dave :hug: Yes! Keeping Red Sox nation alive and well will be an excellent way to keep her spirit alive for many years to come :goodvibes

When I was growing up I had a great uncle who was born and raised in Boston, and during WWII he met his future wife who was from Syracuse,and they ended up living in North Tonawanda. He was a die hard Red Sox fan through the Ted Williams era, the Yaz years, and right up until the moment that the ball went between poor Billy Buckner's legs in 1986 , which almost put him in the hospital.
Ahhhh, the 1986 "episode" - my dad ran out of our house, ripped his Red Sox t-shirt in half and made quite the spectacle... so I'm told :scared1::laughing: I don't remember it in real time, but I can only imagine the horror witnessed by Red Sox nation everywhere :headache:

She did soften up by the time 2004 rolled around though, so he didn't miss that luckily. Anyway, I always thought of him as a hero when I was a kid, out there thumbing his nose at Yankee fans and never giving up hope,lol. Anytime they win it now (or tank,lol) I think of him.
What an amazing story about your uncle - a childhood hero for sure. :goodvibes

Thanks again for all your kind words :hug:

Congrats Tracy on the new venture!!! It sounds so perfect for you!!

I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. Hugs to you. And that picture of the both of you enjoying your niece's game is so sweet.
And please let your former boss know we send our condolences. It must be so hard for her to lose a spouse at such a young age.

Nope... unfortunately, Disney did not contact me and offer me the role of Belle (I know, I know, my hair color is perfect and I work in a library, hello?!). :confused3
What?!? How is this possible? Disney is just missing out.

I can't post a picture without sneaking in a little Disney... some of you may have noticed my shirt is R2-D2 ;) Some of you may also know I'm a rebel living in NY as a Red Sox fan. You can't see, but my grandmother has a Red Sox hat on... I credit her for my love of the Sox. She was born, raised, and lived in Boston until she got married to my grandfather and has the strongest and most adorable Boston accent you'll ever find. :lovestruc
What! I would never have thought of you as a Sox fan! But it's ok, although I'm a die-hard Yankee fan, I have nothing for respect for Boston. It was my second home for a while!
The next few weeks will likely be a chaotic jumble of transitioning into my new role with training, board meetings, and such already planned out starting tomorrow. I'm anxious and excited and everything in between. The last text exchange I had with my grandmother was the day before she passed and she was asking about the public library position. I have to believe she'd be pretty excited about this change in my life. :lovestruc Thanks for letting me share, and thanks for your patience as I work unsuccessfully to catch up on TRs! :laughing:
LOL I'm so behind on everyone's TR and my own as well! I'm so happy we got a chance to say hello this past August. Your grandmother would be super proud of you and your accomplishments!! Good luck with the new position!

Congrats Tracy on the new venture!!! It sounds so perfect for you!!
Thanks so much, Su-Lynn!!! :hug:

I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. Hugs to you. And that picture of the both of you enjoying your niece's game is so sweet.
Thank you :goodvibes She was a special lady.

And please let your former boss know we send our condolences. It must be so hard for her to lose a spouse at such a young age.
I will, thank you. I can't imagine it. They were high school sweethearts, too, so they've been together for way longer than they haven't.

What?!? How is this possible? Disney is just missing out.
Right?!?! I couldn't understand it either :confused3:laughing:

What! I would never have thought of you as a Sox fan! But it's ok, although I'm a die-hard Yankee fan, I have nothing for respect for Boston. It was my second home for a while!
:rotfl: Right?! And here in NY no less! I didn't realize you had a connection to Boston!? :thumbsup2 Such a beautiful city.

LOL I'm so behind on everyone's TR and my own as well! I'm so happy we got a chance to say hello this past August. Your grandmother would be super proud of you and your accomplishments!! Good luck with the new position!
I am so happy we got a chance to catch up a bit in August.

Thank you so much, Su-Lynn!!! :goodvibes

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sounds like it's been a crazy time for you.
Thank you, Kathy :hug: - crazy is a good word for the moment!

So exciting about the new job though! Congrats! I look forward to hearing more about that!!
Thank you so much!!! I'm anxious to get the first few weeks out of the way!

Hi Tracy- just caught up on your updates and want to send along some virtual hugs.

Congrats on your new opportunity as director at the public library. I can't imagine what it has been like for you as you have dealt with excitement, and the losses in the past month.

My heart goes out to you and your family. Thanks for sharing the stories about her love of the Red Sox, which was passed along to you. My family of New Englanders are fans, especially my late uncle Bob and his son Fred. My uncle Bob passed away the year after the Sox reversed the curse, and he had a little part in that victory. During the series, he held his cane aloft during the games and only put it down during commercials.

:grouphug:

Ahhhh, the 1986 "episode" - my dad ran out of our house, ripped his Red Sox t-shirt in half and made quite the spectacle... so I'm told :scared1::laughing: I don't remember it in real time, but I can only imagine the horror witnessed by Red Sox nation everywhere :headache:

Hahaha, love this! I think your Dad would agree that Red Sox fans should just be grateful that "Game 6" happened before the arrival of social media and camera phones everywhere just waiting for moments like that! lol

Hi Tracy- just caught up on your updates and want to send along some virtual hugs.
Thank you so much, Dee! :goodvibes

Congrats on your new opportunity as director at the public library. I can't imagine what it has been like for you as you have dealt with excitement, and the losses in the past month.
Rollercoaster of emotions for sure! But thank you so much - I'm getting ready to head in for my first day!

My heart goes out to you and your family. Thanks for sharing the stories about her love of the Red Sox, which was passed along to you. My family of New Englanders are fans, especially my late uncle Bob and his son Fred. My uncle Bob passed away the year after the Sox reversed the curse, and he had a little part in that victory. During the series, he held his cane aloft during the games and only put it down during commercials.
Thank you :hug: And thank you for sharing this story as well - I'm so happy your uncle Bob got to see the curse reversed :goodvibes

Hahaha, love this! I think your Dad would agree that Red Sox fans should just be grateful that "Game 6" happened before the arrival of social media and camera phones everywhere just waiting for moments like that! lol
You are SO right!!! :rotfl2:

I'm late to the party! I stopped getting notifications...again!

I'm so sorry to hear of your Grandma's passing. Grandmas are the most magical people. I miss mine every day :(

Second, CONGRATULATIONS on your brand new amazing job!!!! I imagine you twirling through your library like Belle :) I hope it's everything you dream it will be!

Good luck on your first day!
Bring an apple for the teacher.
Thank you! It went very well, phew!

I'm so sorry to hear of your Grandma's passing. Grandmas are the most magical people. I miss mine every day :(
Thank you, Jackie! They sure are :goodvibes I'm sure you do :sad1: But I'm also sure you have so many wonderful memories with her :hug:

Second, CONGRATULATIONS on your brand new amazing job!!!! I imagine you twirling through your library like Belle :) I hope it's everything you dream it will be!
Thank you! My first day was today and I tried to channel my inner Belle ;)

I just came across your TR for the first time today, and wow, it was a roller coaster of a read!
It was definitely a roller coaster in reality, too! :laughing: ;)

Thanks for sharing though, it was a great report(s). Good Luck on your new Job Belle, I mean Tracy
Thank you so much for reading!!! :hug: And thank you for the good wishes - my first week has been wonderful! :thumbsup2

Hello! I interrupt this nonexistent TR to bring to you - by popular demand! - a snippet from my August 2019 trip. Okay, only Kari @kastoney demanded it, but she's popular, so popular demand still applies! :snooty:

If you know Kari, you know all about a good ride photo. I was lucky enough to have my own with my friend Rebecca at MNNSHP. We rode PotC and the poor gentleman behind us (the yellow circle on the left) was struggling with a lengthy coughing fit. You'll note my exposed neck was perfectly primed for the resulting... spray. I leaned forward enough to try to get out of the way without making a huge deal. Rebecca glanced over at me and I mouthed to her "did you get some?" And she replied - somewhere between flabbergasted, horrified, and amused - "was there some?!" A germaphobe like me always travels with her trusty pack of clorox wipes and antibacterial gel, so after a good faux-shower post-ride (and a real one later that night!), no harm done. And the man was fine, I promise! Later that evening we were checking our ride photo... and I'll now leave this gem for you to enjoy - the precise moment after Rebecca's question "was there some?" You'll note the pained expressions of those also lucky enough to be in our row within the splash zone. My own face was the result of a combo of horror and silent church giggles so as not to offend the gentleman:

Was there some.jpg

@Raeven knows a good PhotoPass photo when she sees one. Even though this is a ride photo, I most surely can still say #ThanksPhotopass and not even mean it sarcastically :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

Speaking of good ride photos... maybe this one will redeem Kari on HM as it's quite spectacular, albeit not quite as candid as her first ;)

498769402.jpg

I feel so lucky to have such great Dis friends with whom to share these magical memories with :grouphug:

Hello! I interrupt this nonexistent TR to bring to you - by popular demand! - a snippet from my August 2019 trip. Okay, only Kari @kastoney demanded it, but she's popular, so popular demand still applies! :snooty:
She is popular! And I second that motion!

Speaking of good ride photos... maybe this one will redeem Kari on HM as it's quite spectacular, albeit not quite as candid as her first ;)

498769402.jpg
Love it!

This ride photo is everything!!!!!!!!!!! Had I not known what happened right before it I so totally would have just thought you all were laughing at something not a case of the cough induced church giggles :D

Now if only the rest of the world just used my singular requests for things as "popular demand" we'd be set!!!

And thank you for redeeming me on Haunted Mansion!!! After the worst ride photo ever I learned real quick where that camera was :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter