Legoland

BraveLittleToaster2

DIS Veteran
Would Legoland be a good place to spend a day with two teens and a 10 year old? The two boys love Legos in general and we do NOT do thrill rides. Will we be bored in comparison to Disney parks? Is it worth spending the money?

I have not been to that location but I have been to the LegoLand in Grapevine, Tx DFW area and the location at Crown Center in Kansas City, Mo .
They occasionally have an entire area built for special theming .Like Star Wars .
I assume they recreate the location/ city unique to Town or well known venues .
. So DFW had Lego City with the football stadium and the Airport and runway .
Kansas City also had the replica city including Dorothy’s house and a tornado ! Also the Plaza fountains .
Considering they are competing with tourists that can easily visit Disney Springs location , they have probably included some amazing Orlando City Lego designs.
They also have a fun attraction that requires pedaling to make it fly faster and higher . Usually an adult parent is with the child. And so far each location has had a small movie theatre to watch the Lego character animated features. I have always enjoyed an hour or 2 hour visit and also the attached gift shop . They used to give a commemorative square Lego Block with the city etched on it .
I really need to visit in Orlando but I want to see lifesize Lego Santa or the Halloween Party .
I think that is every weekend in October .
Hopefully somebody with an AP can let us know the best time & when to go .

We went to Legoland a couple of years ago as a family with a 7-year old and 5-year old, and it was fine. My impression is that it seemed more geared for 10 (maybe 12) and under crowd. But maybe others have other thoughts.

I have not been to that location but I have been to the LegoLand in Grapevine, Tx DFW area and the location at Crown Center in Kansas City, Mo .

Considering they are competing with tourists that can easily visit Disney Springs location , they have probably included some amazing Orlando City Lego designs.
And so far each location has had a small movie theatre to watch the Lego character animated features. I have always enjoyed an hour or 2 hour visit and also the attached gift shop .

You do realize the Legoland near Orlando is a full-blown amusement park, not merely a building with some Lego stuff? Its only comparison is the one in California (I want to say Carlsbad?).

If two of the kids are really into Lego, I would say it is worth it, as long as you get one of those buy-one-get-one-free tickets. Or at least very discounted.

You do realize the Legoland near Orlando is a full-blown amusement park, not merely a building with some Lego stuff? Its only comparison is the one in California (I want to say Carlsbad?).

If two of the kids are really into Lego, I would say it is worth it, as long as you get one of those buy-one-get-one-free tickets. Or at least very discounted.
There is one in Goshen, NY too. I don't know how it compares to the CA and FL parks, but it is a theme park with rides and such. They also have seven others in other countries.
1716684774012.png

Oh, right I forgot about the one in upstate NY. Yes, none of them are exactly the same, but there are three full amusement parks: CA, FL, and NY.

We took DS to Legoland Florida when he was 7. He loved it! There were a few rides he had already outgrown, but more than enough for us to fill two full days. We really liked the creativity of the park, there were distinctly different coasters (a hanging/gliding one, a wooden one etc.) all perfect for mild thrills. The teenagers might not find it the most exciting place for rides but I think its fun to experience at least once. We did not do the waterpark, but we definitely would in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter