Leftover Chilli

WDWorBUST

DIS Veteran
As we are trying to save every dime to get debt paid off I realized just not only are we spending a ridiculous amount of money eating out recently, but even when we eat at home we can be wasteful. For example DH is umpiring tonight so ate leftover KFC before leaving. I fixed me and DD hotdogs and ramen noodles for dinner (yes I realize just how wonderfully healthy that meal is :rolleyes:). I want chilli on my hot dogs, so I opened a can of chilli. The question is - what do I do with the rest. To throw it out is just ridiculous. Any suggestions?

Wonderful suggestions! The funny part is I am going to have chilli cheese nachos tomorrow night. I have some leftover tortilla chips just hanging out that will be perfect for nachos :)

You could also put it into a plastic container and freeze it, if you can't use it in the next day or two.

Or freeze it in an ice cube tray, then once frozen take out and put in bags. This way next time you want some for hotdog, all you have to do is put it in the microwave to heat/defrost.

We do this with spagetti sauce and then none gets wasted and if someone wants pasta with sauce they don't have to open the whole jar.

As we are trying to save every dime to get debt paid off I realized just not only are we spending a ridiculous amount of money eating out recently, but even when we eat at home we can be wasteful. For example DH is umpiring tonight so ate leftover KFC before leaving. I fixed me and DD hotdogs and ramen noodles for dinner (yes I realize just how wonderfully healthy that meal is :rolleyes:). I want chilli on my hot dogs, so I opened a can of chilli. The question is - what do I do with the rest. To throw it out is just ridiculous. Any suggestions?

We mix corn with it and put it over rice.

We use it to make this " chili pie" concoction - yum...

bake a cornbread in a square or round pan
pour the chili over it and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and pop back into the oven till the cheese melts...

cut into slices and top with sour cream and what ever else you like - yummy!!! This works GREAT with Taco meat too!!! add some lettuce and tomato after its baked!!!

Use it with some spaghetti, onions and cheese and you have a nice Cincinnati Chilli 3-way.

We use it to make this " chili pie" concoction - yum...

bake a cornbread in a square or round pan
pour the chili over it and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and pop back into the oven till the cheese melts...

cut into slices and top with sour cream and what ever else you like - yummy!!! This works GREAT with Taco meat too!!! add some lettuce and tomato after its baked!!!

This sounds absolutely wonderful!!!! I may have to try this myself..if you don't mind!!!;):thumbsup2

Or freeze it in an ice cube tray, then once frozen take out and put in bags. This way next time you want some for hotdog, all you have to do is put it in the microwave to heat/defrost.

We do this with spagetti sauce and then none gets wasted and if someone wants pasta with sauce they don't have to open the whole jar.

That is a fabulous idea!!!:thumbsup2

I love all the great ideas everyone has!! You guys are the best. I think I will go ahead with chilli cheese nachos tonight and then will probably freeze what's leftover from that in small hot dog size portions - which I never would have thought of doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter