Least crowded breakfast?

Liver Lips Mcgrowl

Official navigator n' head which-wayer
How are the crowds at cabanas for breakfast? Are there restaurants that tend to be less crowded at breakfast?

Tagging on... Can you get a table by yourself in the MDR for breakfast? Or do they sit you with others and pace breakfast for the whole table?

Well, on the sea day that might not be so bad (whoever wants to be awake and meet for breakfast, I plan on seeing the fam around lunch tyvm lol). But on port days that will be harder.

Oh well, worth a thought.

Impossible to answer without knowing about what time.

Ive never experienced a bad crowd for breakfast except on disembarkation day. BUT, im usually up by 6 am and eating breakfast by 7:30 or so.

In my experience, cabanas was insane on the dream! There were people everywhere and no tables available. The sit down restaurant was much better with no wait for breakfast.

MDR will take more time so consider that. What you might save by not standing in a line to get two eggs over easy you'll spend waiting on your server to bring your food. Its more relaxing but it won't be a time savings.

All dependent on time and if it's a port day. We've never had problems with the buffet on the Dream, but we tend to eat earlier. On port days, you will find it is crazy 30-45 minutes before all ashore. Nothing you can do about that. You could always take your tray outside or back to your room.

We also eat earlier (before 8:00) and never had a problem in Cabanas on any of the ships. I think prime time for breakfast seems to be about 9:00-10:00. On a port day it will be busier earlier.

They tend to fill up a table at MDR breakfast or lunch but you could ask for a table by yourself....can't hurt to ask.

MJ

Cabana's isn't your only option for buffet. Enchanted Garden has one too. It's sit down as far as your drinks go and if you want any specialty eggs like sunny side up. Other than that, it's a buffet that's usually way less crowded and faster than Royal Palace.

In my experience, cabanas was insane on the dream! There were people everywhere and no tables available. The sit down restaurant was much better with no wait for breakfast.
Were there actually no tables available or were they all occupied when you were there?

I don't know if this is frowned upon, but no one stopped me! I'd go to cabana's get some croissants and pan au chocolate's etc and take them back to my room for the monkeys and my wife to feast on when they eventually woke up.

I don't know if this is frowned upon, but no one stopped me! I'd go to cabana's get some croissants and pan au chocolate's etc and take them back to my room for the monkeys and my wife to feast on when they eventually woke up.
Another thread recently the consensus was that bringing food from Cabanas to your room was fine and it was mentioned you can leave any dirty dishes outside the door for pickup (I would personally take them back but that is just me not wanting to see them when I leave the room).

Another thread recently the consensus was that bringing food from Cabanas to your room was fine and it was mentioned you can leave any dirty dishes outside the door for pickup (I would personally take them back but that is just me not wanting to see them when I leave the room).

I did take them back and it seemed a pretty good option for us. It meant I could get out of the cabin and have a walk whilst everything was quiet as well. If, as planned we go on another next year, we'll probably do the same again.

I appreciate all the great feedback! I am all about relaxing on my disney trips (even at the parks). I like to try to keep it slow and soak it all in, so based on everyone's comments, I'm thinking the sit down breakfasts are gonna be more my speed :)

We never had a line at the sit down restaurant for breakfast on the Fantasy. We were seated at our own table, even when it was only 2 or 4 of us. (We were a party of 9 but different people did breakfast at different times in different places.) I don't remember it taking very long, but I was on "island time" so maybe I didn't notice. I can tell you that one day we were in a hurry (animation class later that morning), so we told our server and he sped things up a bit for us.

Cabanas was definitely more crowded, but lots of turnover, so we found seats. We would secure the seats before going to get our food. Didn't take too long.

I usually just get a croissant st the cove cafe along with my latte. But if we do go to cabanas, we just get a tray and go outside to eat.

Sometimes the MDR breakfasts are just nice because (1) you are waited on and don't have to carry your food around looking for a table; (2) everything is freshly cooked and (3) it's much quieter ;) We tend to do the MDR for embarkation lunches because it's easier to find seating and fit your luggage rather than leaving someone behind to hold the seats while you get food, etc.

Oh, and another option to consider (especially on port days) is room service breakfast. Hang your tag the night before and be prepared -- whatever time you pick they are usually pretty prompt. (which Disney offered hot breakfast entrees for room service like other cruiselines do)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter