Le Cellier vs Yachtsman

We haven’t been to Le Cellier since last September. The food was very good. But the prices were outrageous. We normally go to Yachtsman’s every trip (so several times a year). We last went in early May. The food was ok, didn’t seem as good as other times. Might just be time for a little break. So we’re skipping it in September.

Wow, it sounds like there's no clear consensus and people have been disappointed by both very recently.

Uh oh.

If your budget fits try both and gives us your take. My vote is Le Cellier pricey but what isn’t in Disney.

If your budget fits try both and gives us your take. My vote is Le Cellier pricey but what isn’t in Disney.
Ha. Definitely not doing that.

Not because money, because I'm trying to eat at many different kinds of places. Don't want to spend two of my four nights on steakhouses.

I would suggest Topolino's over both Le Cellier and Yachtsman's. We have tried all three and Topolino's is the best in our opinion. All three are pricey but Topolino's has something for both DH and me, he always gets the duck at Topolino's, his favorite thing to get while dinning out. We plan to try Steak 71 this coming January.

I love Le Cellier. Only complaint is the tables being too close together. But the food is delicious. Love the cheese soup and poutine fries and the filet mignon. I had a lot of this served at my Disney wedding I loved it all so much.

I used to like yachtsman but I went recently and it was awful. Service was beyond slow. Steaks were not good cuts. Only thing we liked was the bread. I won’t be going back

We love them both. We usually go to Yachtsmen for more special occasions. If I was one going to pick one over the other, it would be Yachtsmen because of the pull apart rolls.

Ha. Definitely not doing that.

Not because money, because I'm trying to eat at many different kinds of places. Don't want to spend two of my four nights on steakhouses.
My family is extremely picky eaters so for us that's the only places we generally eat at.

We dine at both. I am big on sides, so I give Le Cellier a slight edge because I love their mushroom risotto, pretzel bread and they have the most incredible truffle fries (when available).

Yachtsman has great truffle fries too.

I have the filet and moscato at both… never had a bad meal at either location. Enjoy!

Been to Yachtman twice, first time in 2017 was amazing, lovely ribeye and the service was off the radar…fast forward to my 50th birthday celebration in 2020 we cancelled Shulas and went with what we knew…the ribeye was mediocre at best, service still good though!
Trying Shulas next month, had some amazing reviews!

Been to Yachtman twice, first time in 2017 was amazing, lovely ribeye and the service was off the radar…fast forward to my 50th birthday celebration in 2020 we cancelled Shulas and went with what we knew…the ribeye was mediocre at best, service still good though!
Trying Shulas next month, had some amazing reviews!
Shula's is good too, we have gone there as well as Yachtsmen the last two trips and really enjoyed both. For us, and I am sure it is different for everyone, but we felt the service at Shula's to be a little cold. Not bad service, it was very good, just not very personable. Our waiter at the Yachtsman the last time we went was super friendly and made the meal really special.

In my opinion the difference is very personal. We have always enjoyed our meals at Le Cellier and only stopped going when the prices got out of hand. However Yachtsman is just as expensive so we would choose Le Cellier. I have never understood the comment about the tables being too close together. Yes they are close but the place is small and the demand is high. We have never noticed people being too close.

Was going to try STK this year - has anyone been?

We were a party of 5 in March 2022.

My biggest complaint was the loud music - could not hold a conversation. It is not a club. The 34 year old male with us felt it was way too loud also. That is not for us. We were only given one portion/roll (bread) on the table). We noticed another table next to us had two for a party of 4. We did not say anything but found it strange and stingy.

Portions - so/so. I feel a bit overpriced. Food was good. I doubt we will be back unless we are with someone who really wants to try it and cannot get another ADR.

Last edited:
Our most recent meal was at Yachtsman and have no complaints. Food excellent, great service. It has been many years since we ate at LeCellier so cannot comment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter