Le Cellier Fully Booked 6 months ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meliador

Earning My SeaLegs
Hello there,

I've booked a WDW resort-dining package and my window to reserve restaurants just opened. I tried to book Le Cellier for dinner on December 4th 2010 (Saturday).

Everything was booked solid (!!) There were no availability at all for dinner (and for lunch too, I checked for the heck of it).

I was wondering if this was a normal occurrence, but all of the other sit down restaurants I checked (France, England, Japan, China) all had availability for that dinner time slot I was looking for.

Does anybody have an idea why this happend? Computer glitch? Renovations? or just insanely popular?

Thank you in advance for any insights!!

Best,

Small restaurant, insanely popular, tables being held for the Candlelight Processional packages.

Thank you Nala....

As I read on the forum, I saw that someone else had posted the exact same questions.

Apologies for the redundancy here....but very good information re: candelight procession...

Booked at Tepan Edo that night...healthy suchi and (not so healthy) Sake for me!! :thumbsup2

Hello there,

I've booked a WDW resort-dining package and my window to reserve restaurants just opened. I tried to book Le Cellier for dinner on December 4th 2010 (Saturday).

Everything was booked solid (!!) There were no availability at all for dinner (and for lunch too, I checked for the heck of it).

I was wondering if this was a normal occurrence, but all of the other sit down restaurants I checked (France, England, Japan, China) all had availability for that dinner time slot I was looking for.

Does anybody have an idea why this happend? Computer glitch? Renovations? or just insanely popular?

Thank you in advance for any insights!!

Best,

It happened because you tried to book at 180 +10 instead of the new 190 day procedure for getting ADRs. In other words, your ADR window opened 10 days sooner than you thought.

If we are arriving at BC on Dec 10th, when can I make my ADR's. When I called tonight, they said I can't make reservations till 6/13 and when I tried on line it said ADR can only be made 180 from the first day of you stay.

Please let me know how I can make my ADRs at 190 days.

If we are arriving at BC on Dec 10th, when can I make my ADR's. When I called tonight, they said I can't make reservations till 6/13 and when I tried on line it said ADR can only be made 180 from the first day of you stay.

See this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2474755

I finished making my ADRS for 12/3 through 12/10 days ago.

I too would like to know how that 190 days ahead works b/c I tried to book online for the last few days and only when I had hit the 180 days mark that I was finally able to book.

Thanks in advance for the assistance

p.s. if this thread is now becoming off topic, please let me know and I'll post to the right thread.

Thanks again!!

Best,

We arrive on 12-11. Today I was able online to make reservations for 12-11, 12-12, 12-13 & 12-14. I was logged into the Disney system. Went to the reservations part for dining and where they wanted you to enter date of arrival I typed in 12-11-10.. if you try to highlight the calender it would not work. I also entered in our reservation # and it let me book the first 4 days of my trip. Hopefully tomorrow I will get to book for 12-15.

Thank you all for your helpful posts!

I think I found out the problem....turns out that my friend who is coming with me was trying to make the ressies, when I'm the "primary" guests to the reservation. I had no problems at all booking, and i just did it! Sadly, no Le Cellier though. I read many posts about how its overrated, but it's about the only place in WDW where I can drink Quebec beers... :cool1:

Ohwell, will have to make do next time I go back to Canada....

thanks again!

Best,

I've been hearing rumours that Disney may be considering redefining Le Cellier as a 'signature' restaurant, and hence it may change two credits on the dining plan - not to mention I'm sure the prices would go up too.

I guess they do need to do something about the insane levels of demand anyway - and from a purely commercial point of view, if the place is regularly selling out 180 days in advance then they could certainly be making more money out of it.

Andre

We arrive on 12-11. Today I was able online to make reservations for 12-11, 12-12, 12-13 & 12-14. I was logged into the Disney system. Went to the reservations part for dining and where they wanted you to enter date of arrival I typed in 12-11-10.. if you try to highlight the calender it would not work. I also entered in our reservation # and it let me book the first 4 days of my trip. Hopefully tomorrow I will get to book for 12-15.

Sounds like you're going to be there when we are...... Dec. 11-18:banana::santa:

I had the same problem, except there was no availability on 12/10/10. I expected to not get the time I wanted, but really, 6 months out and no openings? This is getting rediculous! There was also no availability for 50's PTC on 12/8/10. So maybe this works for Disney being all booked up, but seriously, if you call at 7 AM on the morning booking opens for you and you cannot get a reservation for the day you want, something needs to change. I was on hold with Disney for over an hour on my cell at work..very inconvenient, but don't mind when I'm trying to get our trip all lined up. But being told my alternate for 50's PTC was Biergarten was rediculous! 50's is not a candlelight processional or Fantasmic restaurant, so what gives :confused3

Keep trying online, just in case.

Otherwise, don't sweat it. Other than the beer you want, it is hugely overrated IMO. I used to like it and still enjoy the cheese soup, but our steaks have been very disappointing the last two times we've tried it. Not to mention that you are seated almost on top of the people at the next table :rotfl:.

Oh I would confirm that squashed feeling despite what those photos looked like. I am not overly large and I could barely squeeze into the booth seat at our table for 2 because the table for 8 next to us was so close. I literally felt like my DH and I were eating with the family next to us - I would say there wasn't 6" of space between the ends of the tables.

Keep trying online, just in case.

Otherwise, don't sweat it. Other than the beer you want, it is hugely overrated IMO. I used to like it and still enjoy the cheese soup, but our steaks have been very disappointing the last two times we've tried it. Not to mention that you are seated almost on top of the people at the next table :rotfl:.

You are ??

DSC04067.jpg

DSC04070.jpg

lecelliercheesesoup.jpg

lecellierbread.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

th1317311ko307o7kvp.gif
th1317311ko307o7kvp.gif
th1317311ko307o7kvp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter