Le Cellier Cheese and Beer Soup

I think you are asking about the Gnocchi Soup recipe. If so, here you go. It makes a big batch!

Chicken Gnocchi Soup

1/3 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces.
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup shredded carrots
4 stick celery, chopped
1/2 cup fresh spinach.
6 cups milk
4 cups heavy cream
4 cups water
6 chicken bullion cubes
Salt and pepper to taste
18 oz package pre-made gnocchi

Over medium heat, cook chicken and garlic in olive oil until cooked through.
Stir in flour and mix well until flour is cooked in to chicken.
Add other ingredients except gnocchi.
Cover and simmer at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until celery is tender.
Add gnocchi, cook for an additional three to four minutes. Gnocchi will float to top
when it is cooked through.

Notes: I have found that it is best if you can use mini gnocchi or better if you can find pecorino cheese gnocchi (I found it at World Market here in Florida).

Thank you!

Well ... if you had asked our kids when they were young what one of their favourite meals was they both would have screamed "CHEESE SOUP AND BISCUITS"

I didn't tell them till probably 10 years ago that it was actually butternut squash, carrot soup that I made, then used the immersion blender to make it smooth before i melted a threw in a bunch of grated cheddar cheese. I would make fresh buttermilk biscuits that also had some grated cheese in them as well. On the table was a bowl of grated cheese and bacon bits so they could make it "cheesier" All i was trying to do was get veggies into them 🤣

Anyone remember this commercial STOP COOKING WITH CHEESE

Not a Quebec thing, always assume it was a western Canada thing. lol
:laughing: That'll be a NO from Alberta too and since it isn't served anywhere in DLR (our "homepark"), I've never even tasted it.

Firstly, do you really regularly eat this or is it like Welsh laverbread, ie, you eat it once in a blue moon/for the tourists? My daughter loved it when we ate at Le Cellier, and DFB (re) published a recipe, so I decided to make it today. I ‘googled’ and adapted the recipe slightly and I am using Welsh cheese and beer, but it is slightly bland. What is your secret ingredient? Even have Justin Bieber music playing. 😉😂 Maybe Bryan Adams would help!
Paprika, porter, or Guinness, the darker the better, and mirepoix (mostly for texture)

I’ve always wished there was a Tim’s. I’m not Eden a huge fan, but it just seems fitting.

There's nothing Canadian about Tim's and hasn't been for ages now. I can't stand them. I remember when they actually were a good donut shop and made the donuts in house. They could all disappear now for all I care.

There's nothing Canadian about Tim's and hasn't been for ages now. I can't stand them. I remember when they actually were a good donut shop and made the donuts in house. They could all disappear now for all I care.
Can’t disagree with you on taste. Not a fan of the donuts or coffee. I just thought that given they are on every corner here, that it might fit. I’d choose the Joffrey’s coffee and Donut King donut every time though on an Epcot day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter