Le Cellier: Cancel your unused ADRs, please!

I understand ADR's to be that if you have an ADR, then you get the next available seating that opens up, ahead of walk ups. They don't "hold" tables for anyone...if there is a table available, they plug it with whoever is there - either an ADR if they show or a walk up if not.
Now see that is opposite of what I was told. We also had one day with no ADR. My fault. I get that. We were at MGM and went up to Sci Fi and talked with the guy there. No openings there. No openings in any park, resort or DTD ANYWHERE. SO I asked about walkin and he told me that each resturant only has so many walkin tables. Sci Fi had 5 that day. If there were 10 families standing and waiting for a table, it was highly unlikely we would get a table unless we wanted to just sit and wait a long time.:confused3 We ended back at our resort.

I don't understand how you can make multi. reservations. That is easy to put a stop too. If I call and make ressies at two resturants at the same time/same day all they have to do is say "Sorry but you seem to have a reservation already at ----- at that same time. Which would you like?". :sad2: That is just wrong!

I don't understand how you can make multi. reservations. That is easy to put a stop too. If I call and make ressies at two resturants at the same time/same day all they have to do is say "Sorry but you seem to have a reservation already at ----- at that same time. Which would you like?". :sad2: That is just wrong!

I made ADR's for this trip as early as May and as late as August - kept revising based on recommendations on these boards. Turns out I used several different phone numbers to make them - cell, home and my work phone which is in my home. Of course, when I cancelled ADR's, I used my conf #. But that's why Disney instituting a policy to cancel duplicate reservations just wouldn't work and inconsiderate people would still be able to double book. So maybe giving a credit card would keep people from double booking.

Anyway i'm here now- instead of reading the boards i gotta go eat :rotfl:

Enjoy your planning - that's half the fun (until you arrive) :goodvibes
cyn

I agree, but people will find a way to cheat the system. I called 180+10 days out and made one TS reservation for each night we were there. That's it. I find it irritating that other people's indecision makes life more difficult for others.

Please be aware that everyone who books the same restaurant multiple times isn't always going to only go for 1 day for instance I am going to Disney World for 5 days and I have LeCellier booked every day. I attend to go to this restaurant for every meal because I like it that much. None of ADR's will not be used.

Please be aware that everyone who books the same restaurant multiple times isn't always going to only go for 1 day for instance I am going to Disney World for 5 days and I have LeCellier booked every day. I attend to go to this restaurant for every meal because I like it that much. None of ADR's will not be used.

I dont think people care if you book the same restaurant multiple times during your trip, its just that people dont want you to book le celler (or any other) for 5pm and 7pm the same night.

On a side note, wow 5 days at le cellier!!!, r u sure wyou wont get tired of it!..lol, i know i woud..lol altho given this last meal was our first dinner i culd go there everyday for the mussels alone, yum!!

Wow! I don't think I can eat anything five days in a row. The last time I was in Maine by the third day I was sick of lobster. My husband thought I was crazy. With all of the great food in Disney I don't think I could limit myself to just one place.

okay I though they were still doing what they use. if you don't show up within 15 minutes of your ADR it is cancelled and walk up can go in?

they don't this anymore?

when I call to cancel a reservation the CM are always surprised. Now I know why.

I had ADR's for a large party at the Prime Time Cafe one afternoon. 6 of my party had not arrived. When I arrived I checked in and started waiting. When we were called to be seated the rest of my party still had not arrived. So I talked to the CM. I didn't want to lose my ADR if something happened and they didn't show up at all. The CM explained that they could hold my ADR for up to 1 hour or we could change it and go in as a party of 3. Fortunately the rest of my party showed up and we had a nice dinner.

I think Disney should give you a set amount of time to arrive (1 hour is too much in my opinion), maybe 15 or 30 minutes, and if you do not show up then your ADR is released to walk up. But if they are truly overbooking ADR's then they are taking in account no shows. And if over booking then that table wouldn't be available for walk up and shouldn't be empty. It should be filled with the overbooked ADR.

No I won't get tired of it as they have different things on the menu that I can try for instance salmon 1 night and steak the next. I will just get 5 separate and different entrees and really experience Canada. I figure it is an outstanding way to get the most bang for my buck.

People are tossing out great ideas for helping combat this problem... perhaps we should also be sending messages to WDW directly so that they can hear them too?

I'm not asking this question to be confrontation at all. I've never worked in a restaurant, so I definitely do not understand the ins and outs of restaurant reservations, but here's my question:

Why doesn't Disney do their reservations like normal restaurants? For instance, here in Atlanta, you can make a reservation at most of the nicer restaurants, but you can also walk-in if you are willing to wait (admittedly, sometimes the waits are substantial.) Even the most popular restaurants will seat you if you don't mind waiting 1-2 hours (yuck). But, I guess I'm confused about why Disney turns away people that might be willing to wait 30 min to an hour for a table? If no one shows up after 15 or 20 minutes, can't they just sit someone else at that table? It seems like they would make more money this way too? :confused:

I kinda feel stupid asking this question, because I'm sure there's a logical answer I just don't understand. :rotfl:

OH!! I just noticed StrwLady's response after I posted this. Yes, that what I was wondering too....why doesn't Disney release the table to a walk up after 15-30 min or so?

I feel your pain. I was actually at Le Cellier on Sept. 6th. ADR was for 6:10, we got there a little early, probably around 5:50. We weren't seated until 6:15....no big deal, right :confused3 ...until we get to our table and there are at least 8 empty tables just in the vacinity of our table! I couldn't help but think of all of the people who would have loved to have had dinner there that night and were turned away.:sad2:

Oh and by the way....4 of the 8 empty tables were never occupied during our entire meal. :confused3

I'm now all in favor of Disney instituting the credit card guarantee program at Le Cellier that they use at the California Grill and other restaurants that charge you if you don't cancel your ADR 24 hours prior. This would definitely curb the issue and hopefully reduce the multiple bookings.

Or as an alternative have every restaurant precharge (i.e. cc hold) like $10 per person and have a full refund if canceled like 7 days out and only a $5 refund canceled 48 hours out and no refund if done within 48 hours. I think that would reduce the number of no shows. There just has to be a better way of doing this whole ressie thing.

Larry

As far as the cc hold....I think it should be charged only if you don't show up. When you're at WDW you don't always know that the ADR you booked isn't going to work until the day of. A 24 hr. cancellation policy would not be good for me. For example: My mother and I had afternoon tea at the GVL at 2:00 one afternoon. We were supposed to be eating dinner just a few short hours later but we weren't the slightest bit hungry and decided the club level lounge would be sufficient for dinner that evening. (We each had the Buckingham Palace.) When we got back to the WL after tea, I asked the CM there to cancel our ADR that evening.

What happened when you canceled an ADR just a few hours ahead of the ressie is exactly what a cc hold on any ressie with some level of penalty if not canceled so that others have a better chance to use that canceled ADR would reduce.

Larry

I saw someone mention having the ADR system available online. I think that this would only make the problem bigger as people could open multiple accounts and make plenty of bookings further abusing the system. Making the system easier to use is not necessarily a good thing. Now just allowing cancelations online may be helpfull.

But if you still required a cc hold with meaningful $$ penalities if not canceled in a timely fashion you would I think reduce any abuse.

Larry

They should charge $25.00 for noshows , per reservation keeps everyone honest when it effects thier pocket

They should charge $25.00 for noshows , per reservation keeps everyone honest when it effects thier pocket

We could debate how much and when forever, but your idea is exactly what my prior posts here were suggesting. In contracting it's called incentivizing contract terms. If you make a contract (i.e. an ADR) and don't honor it the contract is useless unless there is some penalty associated with that contract for not honoring it. Unless you do that the contract is useless. :scared1:

Larry

I don't really understand what the problem is for restaurants. Sure, cancel your ressies out of consideration. But if the reservation doesn't show within a period of time (15, 20 r 30 minutes), then they should jst seat from a waitlist of walk-in guests. Problem solved!

i just can't see my self making more then 1 ressie per day on a 9+ night trip. unless we plan 2 TS meals at the same park. we can't do like some do (would be a cool idea to try NOT) make 3-4 ADR's per day to see what works. i always make the ADR then plan the day around it.:teacher:

...And once again I read about behavior that would never even occur to me to engage in. What am I? Some kind of throwback? For Pete's sake, I'm only 47 years old; I am not from the Victorian Age or whatever.

The More Things I Would Never Do List:
Make multiple ADR's (just because I can).
Not cancel an ADR I can not make.

JUST WALK UP TO ANY RESTAURANT AND OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND SAY, "Excuse me; I need to cancel an ADR."

Try it. Repeat after me: "Excuse me, I need to cancel an ADR."

While I am ranting, try this, oh rude ones (and you know who you are): Try not pushing your way to the front. Just, you know; once. Just practice civility. Try it, you may actually like not having to behave as if you are the center of the universe. It may lower your blood pressure.

Tacky. IT IS TACKY TO ONLY CARE ABOUT ONESELF. Yes. EVEN WHEN ON VACATION. I do NOT care if you are paying a lot of money to have fun; so is everyone else. I do NOT care if you have been looking forward to this "forever"; so has everyone else.

LISTEN UP, SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES: YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE A "GOOD TIME" AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PEOPLE.

What the heck is the malfunction of some folks? Do they have to have multiple ADR's for the same meal just to keep other people from possibly eating at a restaurant they may want to eat at, or are they just so afraid they might miss something that they can never commit to anything?

Good grief, people: GET A GRIP. "I want to do this, and DBF wants to do that, but we would really, really like to do blahblah, but we couldn't get ressies but we'll still try to get in anyway but we booked 4 other places at the same time and day in case we couldn't get in at blahblah after all. Is that rude?" :headache: YES! YES! and YES! you little princess:

I do not like the idea of Disney charging CC's for all no-show ADR's but I can see that it may be headed for that. And whom will be to blame? Hmm? Hmm? You know who you are, folks.

But here's an ? : How would that be handled during the annual free dining fiasco?

FWIW, we dined at Le Cellier last Xmas, and we found it to be only so-so.

Just one woman's opinion.

Again, FWIW, we rarely make more than one TS reservation per day as we find it too much hassle to plan our entire day around sit down meals. We like CS because we have more flexibility, and food is just not our family's priority at Disney.

:flower3: Thanks for letting me rant and ramble.

PS and OT: Why is it I read all this belly-aching about how horrible the bus service is--- then see people stampede to them like it is the last lifeboat off the Titanic? If the buses are so awful, what's the hurry? Oh, right. They might have to wait another unbearable 20 minutes <gasp> if they don't cut the line for this one. They are SO right; it is absolutely worth cutting in line, shoving their way to the front, smashing toddlers and old people and just generally making total @$$e$ out of themselves in the process. Here's a TIP: JUST LEAVE EARLIER.

No charge.

NEXT, please! Who's next! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter