LAX to Disneyland Hotel

DisneyFan87

Earning My Ears
Our plane lands at LAX at 9:20 PM. We are renting a car from the airport. I will have a 2 year-old with me and our plan ride is just under 5 hours. How long do you estimate it would take to get from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel if we leave around 10:00 PM?

I am trying to decide if we should relax at the airport for a while to keep him out of the car seat if the drive is going to take a long time or just get in the car as soon as we get our luggage to get to the hotel.

Thanks for your help!

10pm should be smooth sailing and a 45 min door to door trip.

Rental cars are a shuttle ride off site...so by time you deplane, get your bags, get to the rental car facility, get the car...you are off the plane an out and moving quite a bit...not like you hop off the plane right into the rental car, so no need to delay IMO.

I agree with it being a quick drive by LA standards of course that time of night but yes, it’s a process to get your car.

You have to wait for the shuttle in the designated location - they are marked by a Purple "Rental Car Shuttle" sign outside the baggage area. There are different shuttles for each rental company so sometimes your shuttle arrives right when you get there and sometimes it can be a little wait. We've been lucky and only ever waited maybe 10 minutes for the Budget one.

My recommendation is whoever you are renting from, sign up for their frequent renter program - they all have one and you can sign up for free - then make sure that is tied to your reservation - as most have a much smoother pick up arrangement for those customers than if you just show up and get in line and hope the agent doesn't take forever...and that all adds to the end to end travel time.

Google Maps lets you input a departure time and tells you an approximate duration.

Great! We will plan to get our bags and head straight to the shuttle for the rental car. Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter