Laundry Detergent

socks68

<font color=green>Sporting double wides<font color
I was just wondering if it is possible to use liquid detergent in the washing machines on the Magic. I have only read about powder and tablets but never liquid. I know it's a silly question but with DL before the cruise I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do a few loads onboard.

You can use a liquid detergent on the washing machines on board. Because the machines are front-loading you want to use about 1/2 the amount you would use in a top-loading machine.

Yup, got a couple of those travel size Tides for .99. What a deal.

And, Costco had single load trial sizes they were handing out for free! Got one of those, too.

On our last trip I packed a big plastic baggie full of dry Tide detergent. I placed it into our luggage which was to be checked before boarding the plane.
My retired NYC police department husband was going throught the bag after I packed and I hear.....CORRYN, Are You Kidding ME!?!?!?! while holding up the bag..... :crazy:
Until he said something, I didn't realize what it might look like if they x-rayed the luggage! To avoid any scandal, we left the baggie home and purchased Tide down in Orlando at a supermarket.

There were problems this past Christmas at our airport with people packing cheese gift packs in their luggage. Is it cheese, or plastic explosive?

I just bring a few packs of the tablets and use those. Can't find them much but i have some left from last cruise that I saved!
Plenty of people I know bring detergent in a ziplock bag though and I don't know any that have had a problem.

I used liquid on our last cruise, since I couldn't find the tablets ANYWHERE! I just double bagged them in zip locks in case of leaking!

Of course if someone doesn't want to bother with packing any detergents, they have them onboard that you can buy. Just one less thing you have to worry about!

I am still looking for the tablets -- otherwise we will take powder with - much easier to clean up if there is a problem.

I am not going to depend on the ships supply since they may run out before the end of the cruise. :wizard:

I've been unable to find tablets for our upcoming cruise. I had them two years ago. Maybe they don't make them any more.

NYGiantsRule! - I can't find the tablets anymore either. I continue to look, especially if I am in a different grocery store than my local ones but nothing yet. I used to use them up after a trip, now I wish I hadn't. Last time I just took ziplocks with measured amounts for one load in them. It did fill the spaces on the bottom of my suitcase between the handles.

Vons in our area has the little Tide travel one load size for .59 cents! I just picked up four of them. It's wherever all the small sample/travel size things are located in your store. In mine it was by the makeup and shampoos. These will be real handy!

I found the tablets at Big Lots..that was the only place around here that had them.

RobinMarie....thanks for posting. I was at that site a few weeks ago and it didn't work. (this time it did)

My family is allergic to Tide, so I bought a small bottle of Woolite and it worked great!

How much is a one load size packet of detergent on the boat? If it's like everything else and outrageous (ie, $5 or more), then, yea, I'll pack some...but if not, I don't want to mess w/it if I don't have to. Frankly, I don't want to mess w/doing any laundry and was just counting my kids pairs of undies to see if we can squeak by for our cruise/DL/Universal days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter