Late credit card payment question!

I am paperless with kohl’s by choice. It seems like I don’t always get email statements but I could be wrong. In any case this appears to be an issue with kohl’s.

Don't worry about it. My credit score went down in the past because I didn't have enough types of credit being used. It's still not as high as it could be simply because I am not repaying debts because I don't have them. I'm not going to get a car loan just so I can have better credit.

But I was late because Kohl's changed me from paper billing to email billing without my permission (I also never received an email bill). I pay all my cards on time and in full and always have.

This happened to two of my coworkers. They accidentally opted for paperless billing and then there was a month lag in the paperless billing. They also had to write a letter explaining the issue when they went to apply for a mortgage and it impacted there credit score for over 5 yrs. I am not a huge fan of Kohl's and usually opt not to use there credit card unless I will receive a larger discount. Then I will put in a reminder on my phone to anticipate a Kohl's bill.

But I was late because Kohl's changed me from paper billing to email billing without my permission (I also never received an email bill). I pay all my cards on time and in full and always have.

I had a similar situation LONG ago (before online or paperless billing) and what I learned at that time is that by 1) signing up for the credit card and 2) signing for the purchase, you have agreed to the debt and payment terms regardless of whether a statement is physically received/read. The billing statement is the creditor's "reminder" of the debt, but not a requirement and the purchaser owes regardless of physically receiving/reading a statement or not. So while yours is an understandable situation, especially some credit card bills may not be due until sometimes as much as 6 weeks after the purchase, but still an error on your part and why the credit report wasn't "corrected." It would have been nice if they adjusted it, but it wasn't technically incorrect.

Such was my lesson long ago -- long before online/paperless billing existed. This was long before people tracked credit reports closely, so I don't know exactly how that was impacted. However, since that time and because of that situation, I have occasionally called creditors when I thought I should have a bill due but no statement.

I had a similar situation LONG ago (before online or paperless billing) and what I learned at that time is that by 1) signing up for the credit card and 2) signing for the purchase, you have agreed to the debt and payment terms regardless of whether a statement is physically received/read. The billing statement is the creditor's "reminder" of the debt, but not a requirement and the purchaser owes regardless of physically receiving/reading a statement or not. So while yours is an understandable situation, especially some credit card bills may not be due until sometimes as much as 6 weeks after the purchase, but still an error on your part and why the credit report wasn't "corrected." It would have been nice if they adjusted it, but it wasn't technically incorrect.

Such was my lesson long ago -- long before online/paperless billing existed. This was long before people tracked credit reports closely, so I don't know exactly how that was impacted. However, since that time and because of that situation, I have occasionally called creditors when I thought I should have a bill due but no statement.
This is correct. In the future you can always set up a reminder in google calendar that will send a notification to your phone and an email on the same date each month. I do this for a few bills that aren't on auto pay. The google calendar notifications/emails are also great for birthdays, annual appointments or anything that is hard to remember. I have birthdays set up with a reminder a week before and on the day of. :)

Funny thing this is a current thread. My son has an interview at kohl’s Saturday. He is away at college and we are desperate for seasonal work for him. It’s not as easy as you might think to get a job at school. He has tried and tried. He works in the summers but needs a little more income.

Funny thing this is a current thread. My son has an interview at kohl’s Saturday. He is away at college and we are desperate for seasonal work for him. It’s not as easy as you might think to get a job at school. He has tried and tried. He works in the summers but needs a little more income.

Good luck to him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!