late August Saturday - DLR or Universal?

Helene_C

Mouseketeer
I fly into the LA area on Friday 8/19 and depart 8/26, so I'm working with Saturday 8/20 until Thursday 8/25 as park visiting days. I want to spend one day at Universal and don't want to drive there and back from the DLR area, so my plan was to visit Universal on the first or last park day of the trip and switch hotels. I know Saturday will probably be the worst crowd day for any of the park options. Do you recommend spending Saturday at Universal (and then DL/CA Sunday-Thursday) or spending Saturday-Wednesday at DL/CA and then doing Universal on Thursday?

I will get Express passes if we go to Universal on Saturday, and would probably upgrade them to unlimited because my kids were absolutely spoiled by that at Universal Orlando. We will have Genie+ while at DLR.

My inclination is to go to Disney on Saturday because I can duck out of the parks if the crowds are too bad knowing I have four more park days ahead of me, but I'd like to hear what the experts think. Thank you!

I would do Universal on Thursday.

The end of August is usually a quite period at Universal, you probably will not need Express.

I would wait until you get to the park, see how busy it is then get Express if needed. Its very likely that everything will be under a 30min wait.

Thank you! I hadn’t even thought about the night shows at Disney as a factor.

I've never felt the need for Express at Universal, especially not on a week day. Universal Hollywood is nowhere near the size as Universal Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter