Late Arrival to Typhoon Lagoon - Huge Disadvantage

choover2576

Mouseketeer
We will be visiting WDW the week of Thanksgiving. I was thinking about visiting AK with FP's in the morning, hopping to AK Lodge eating at the food court and then head to Typhoon Lagoon.

Will we be at a huge disadvantage if we arrive at the water park around noon?

TIA!

The water parks are busiest between about noon and 2:00. I would probably time my arrival for closer to 2:00, but either will work. I would do the wave pool and lazy river first and then the small slides, saving the more popular slides for last.

The water parks are busiest between about noon and 2:00. I would probably time my arrival for closer to 2:00, but either will work. I would do the wave pool and lazy river first and then the small slides, saving the more popular slides for last.
Sounds good. Thanks!

We will be visiting WDW the week of Thanksgiving. I was thinking about visiting AK with FP's in the morning, hopping to AK Lodge eating at the food court and then head to Typhoon Lagoon.

TIA!

Rope dropping the water parks is my very strong preference, but sometimes at Disney you gotta do what you gotta do. If that means arriving later in the day, so be it.

That’s also not necessarily a major water park time of year, although one is usually closed for refurb during that time of year so those that do go only have one park to choose from.

I like @Alesia ‘s advice above.

Last edited:
Also, don't avoid the water parks if it is raining unless there are thunderstorms. We had a blast at Typhoon Lagoon and spent more than an hour in the lazy river almost by ourselves because it was lightly raining and no one was there. You're getting wet anyway so you might as well enjoy!

Seating at Typhoon Lagoon is "tough" with a late arrival. I agree though with arriving around 2PM. The morning wave of people are generally starting to pack up and leave at that point.

TIA!

One of the water parks will be closed that week. Last year it was Blizzard Beach, so chances are TL will be closed this year.

One other note, closing time for water parks in November is 5:00, so you need to figure out how much time you want.

Also another suggestion, if going from Ak to TL, and you plan on using Disney Transportation I highly recommend taking, Uber, Lyft or a Minnie Van, you will waste far too long.

Also another suggestion, if going from Ak to TL, and you plan on using Disney Transportation I highly recommend taking, Uber, Lyft or a Minnie Van, you will waste far too long.

Thanks for the tip! Is that because there isn't direct transpiration from AK to water parks or because of the distance?

One of the water parks will be closed that week. Last year it was Blizzard Beach, so chances are TL will be closed this year.

One other note, closing time for water parks in November is 5:00, so you need to figure out how much time you want.
Blizzard beach is scheduled to be closed again in November. Disney stopped rotating the water park refurbs. Blizzard beach has been the water park closed in the late fall for the last few years.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...al-refurbishment-to-begin-in-late-october.htm

Thanks for the tip! Is that because there isn't direct transpiration from AK to water parks or because of the distance?
It's mostly because of the indirect transportation. Is the return still via epcot? Last time we went, we had to catch a bus to epcot, walk an extra mile to our resorts bus stop and wait for that bus. Huge pain. If we do a water park again, we will not use a disney bus to get there.

It's mostly because of the indirect transportation. Is the return still via epcot? Last time we went, we had to catch a bus to epcot, walk an extra mile to our resorts bus stop and wait for that bus. Huge pain. If we do a water park again, we will not use a disney bus to get there.

Currently, to get to BB you have to go to AK and transfer to a bus that goes from AK to BB.

For TL, you need to take a bus to DS and then transfer to a bus from DS to TL.

Total pain.

I don't think the water park is very crowded at all most days in November. We've gone during jersey weeks and there were short lines.

Currently, to get to BB you have to go to AK and transfer to a bus that goes from AK to BB.

Total pain.
Ya, that ain't happening for us next month. Uber it is!

Total pain.

They must have changed TL transportation, we tried to go from TL to DS across the street & had to take a bus to a resort & a bus back to DS, took 45 min, would be a 10 min. walk if they would allow foot traffic.

We went last month - only way there via bus was via DS. Agree on wish there was a sidewalk so we could walk.

So if we want to get to TL at opening, we could plan on doing breakfast at DS? Then just hopping on the bus from there?

Where in DS are the buses to TL located? And is there a monitor? Do they run every 20 minutes all day, or less frequently? We are also planning a late arrival after an early lunch in DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter