Lasting Commemoratives

derekleigh

DIS Veteran
Has anybody recently ordered anything from them? Saw a few things I was interested but before I do I wanted to see how other people's orders went through.

Also, any discount codes?

I have not ordered from them recently, but was very happy with the 2012 Coast to Coast shadowbox they did and the 2015 Rebel Challenge shadow box I ordered from them.

I really loved the designs for this year's Rebel Challenge box with R2-D2, but decided to pass since I'm saving up for the 2017 Kessel Run and don't want to get into a habit of buying the shadow box every single year.

I ordered the Dopey Shadowbox this year. I got the medals about three weeks after Dopey completed. I got the shadowbox itself in May.

Unfortunately, when I went to hang it, it completely fell apart. LC has offered to send me another one and sent me a FedEx shipping label to send it back, but I haven't had a chance because I refuse to pay $30 for a box to ship it back to them (I need a box it will fit in) - so, I'm kinda haggling with them on that.

I ordered the Dopey Shadowbox this year. I got the medals about three weeks after Dopey completed. I got the shadowbox itself in May.

Unfortunately, when I went to hang it, it completely fell apart. LC has offered to send me another one and sent me a FedEx shipping label to send it back, but I haven't had a chance because I refuse to pay $30 for a box to ship it back to them (I need a box it will fit in) - so, I'm kinda haggling with them on that.

I've been looking at their Dopey shadow box as a commemorative after this year's races. So, you get the medals and the box separately and have to assemble them yourself? I thought it would come as a ready to hang package like the Fond Memories Graphics marathon shadow box I got this year (just had to add a photo).

I've been looking at their Dopey shadow box as a commemorative after this year's races. So, you get the medals and the box separately and have to assemble them yourself? I thought it would come as a ready to hang package like the Fond Memories Graphics marathon shadow box I got this year (just had to add a photo).
Yeah - it has clips and you have to either cut or wind up the ribbons on the medals and hang them yourself, along with adding the photo.

Frankly, for the $340 I spent on the Dopey box and I still don't have an intact one, I was pretty disappointed ... the frame is definitely cheap. It fell apart and the wire hanger popped off. I have a shadowbox I bought from Michaels for $40 that has held up better than this one.

Yeah - it has clips and you have to either cut or wind up the ribbons on the medals and hang them yourself, along with adding the photo.

Frankly, for the $340 I spent on the Dopey box and I still don't have an intact one, I was pretty disappointed ... the frame is definitely cheap. It fell apart and the wire hanger popped off. I have a shadowbox I bought from Michaels for $40 that has held up better than this one.

Sorry to hear that! I expected much better for what they charge. Thanks for relaying your story. I'll likely pass on them, as a result.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter