Last two weeks of August?

I cant see how Disney wouldnt do anything in between Aug 14 and Spet 2nd. Hopefully they will have something for those 3 weeks. I am going Aug 25/30 at AOA in LM but if no fd or room discount we might make it a shorter trip! Anyone agree?

I cant see how Disney wouldnt do anything in between Aug 14 and Spet 2nd. Hopefully they will have something for those 3 weeks. I am going Aug 25/30 at AOA in LM but if no fd or room discount we might make it a shorter trip! Anyone agree?

I have to agree. No FD for us is going to be a bummer. We will end up paying $1400 for our trip, and that is way more than we planned. Might have to figure something else out as we have booked our air. So sad that they won't be offering it this year.

It seems like the free dining timeframes are getting much smaller and less frequent :sad2:. It doesn't surprise me though that they aren't offering a general public FD offer for August this year because last year only the very last week of August was included and this past Jan/Feb, the stay/play/dine promo was offered to the general public instead of free dining. Our last WDW trip was the third week of August in 2011 and we had our pick of either free dining or kids stay/play free. I feel for those who were planning to go the last two weeks of August and were hoping for FD since it was offered for so many years. Free dining really made it financially feasible for my family of six to stay onsite for our last WDW trip because a room only discount is minimal savings for us since our budget limits us to either two rooms or a family suite at the value resort level. September seems to be like a for sure month for FD since it is still the overall lowest crowd month at WDW and still hurricane season; but it is very tough for us to pull our kids out of school during that timeframe which made late August free dining so nice for our family.

It seems like the free dining timeframes are getting much smaller and less frequent :sad2:. It doesn't surprise me though that they aren't offering a general public FD offer for August this year because last year only the very last week of August was included and this past Jan/Feb, the stay/play/dine promo was offered to the general public instead of free dining. Our last WDW trip was the third week of August in 2011 and we had our pick of either free dining or kids stay/play free. I feel for those who were planning to go the last two weeks of August and were hoping for FD since it was offered for so many years. Free dining really made it financially feasible for my family of six to stay onsite for our last WDW trip because a room only discount is minimal savings for us since our budget limits us to either two rooms or a family suite at the value resort level. September seems to be like a for sure month for FD since it is still the overall lowest crowd month at WDW and still hurricane season; but it is very tough for us to pull our kids out of school during that timeframe which made late August free dining so nice for our family.

This is exactly the same situation for us, except we have a family of 5.:grouphug:

Sandmanswife9 said:
I have to agree. No FD for us is going to be a bummer. We will end up paying $1400 for our trip, and that is way more than we planned. Might have to figure something else out as we have booked our air. So sad that they won't be offering it this year.

Don't lose hope yet. There is rumor of a RO discount for mid-August through September. It is not unusual for there to be both types of discounts offered in September.

So, if there were to be something announced for those last couple of weeks in August, any guesses on when it will be announced?

We are booked for the end of August, but are considering moving to the beginning of August to qualify for the room discount. BUT, if there could possibly be something for the end of August, we'd keep our dates the same.

Any thoughts?

Don't lose hope yet. There is rumor of a RO discount for mid-August through September. It is not unusual for there to be both types of discounts offered in September.

I should have said it it per person, or $5887 for 4 at Port Orleans Riverside, value room, 9 day water park and more with dining plan...

If you book your room through Disney- will any new discounts be applied when you check in?

You can call when a new discount is put out and see if they'll apply it to your existing reservation. As long as they haven't already booked ip all the rooms designated for that discount, you should be able to apply it no problem.

I will say we are booked for late August and were speaking to a CM about our booking who commented that it is looking unusually busy for that time of year. I had already noticed that when making ADRs. Maybe that's why nothing for August yet.

If you book your room through Disney- will any new discounts be applied when you check in?

Not automatically. If they are still available, they maybe able to do it if you ask. Many offers have "book by" dates. Your best bet is to try to get them applied as soon as they come out.

I will say we are booked for late August and were speaking to a CM about our booking who commented that it is looking unusually busy for that time of year. I had already noticed that when making ADRs. Maybe that's why nothing for August yet.

I would think that since every summer is busy, and they offered a discount for the summer, that they will offer a discount for the end of summer, which might be busier than usual, but still, won't be as busy as mid summer. There will be something to entice people to go at that time. I'm hoping for a room only discount myself. Free dining just means I'll eat way too much, and spend too much TIME eating. Bleh.

I think it is crazy too. We always go the week before Labor Day and it has never really been that crowded. Never anything like the summer crowds. We were really looking forward to going this year but if there is no discount or no fd we won't be going. Maybe I will look into Universal and visit Harry instead of Mickey.

Another theory I have is that the DVC season is a "Dream" season at that time. I know alot of DVC members were complaining of not being able to get free dining for thier stays. In my opinion it would be harder to sell me on a DVC membership with all the discounts and free dining available. Just my opinion.

Not necessarily the FD per say but the discounts that Disney always seems to offer is the reason why we SOLD our DVC 5 years ago. We were paying just about the same amount in dues that we could get a Disney room for for the week. Now when we go we stay deluxe for more days because we space our trips out every 3 years and go to other vacation spots.

i don't know that ADR's are directly correlated to how busy the park is...reason i say this is we've been to WDW the past two years in late August....i've usually gotten a bunch of great ADR's in the two months prior to leaving...

i have a feeling WDW may purposely hold some back in order to limit the # of people who make phoney ADR's on the basis they may go to WDW...just my $.02

Sadly if there is not a significant discount, I am staying offsite and going to Universal. Even with a car rental I am saving about $1000 and will be able to get a 2 bed condo. I am having heart attack just thinking about not staying on site at Disney, but with 11 and 13 yr old boys who eat like horses, I am now being priced out of yearly trips.

Sadly if there is not a significant discount, I am staying offsite and going to Universal. Even with a car rental I am saving about $1000 and will be able to get a 2 bed condo. I am having heart attack just thinking about not staying on site at Disney, but with 11 and 13 yr old boys who eat like horses, I am now being priced out of yearly trips.

I do think WDW must have higher than normal occupancy rates for mid to late August, but I would be very surprised if they didn't at least have a room only discount for that timeframe. They have released room only discounts Arthur same time as free dining discounts in the past, so it's definitely a possibility :-)

Have a look at the August-September room discount thread. We are talking about it in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter