Last Minute Reservation

JC1984

DisDad #875
Hi All,
Been cruising this forum awhile learning all about TDR. Have a question. In a normal world what is the likelihood of getting last minute reservations at TDR in early November? I ask because I am retired US military and I have the opportunity to virtually fly free to Japan on military aircraft. However it is never guaranteed you can get on the flights and wouldn’t want to have set in stone hotel reservations until I arrived to Japan. I would be looking at 2-3 days advanced warning after landing in Japan. Any light you could shed would be awesome. Thank you.

Just book a fully refundable rate at the Sheraton or Hilton and if you can't go, cancel it for free at least 24 hours in advance. That'll probably be cheaper and less stressful than waiting till you're in Japan to search for a hotel. Disney hotels require a deposit so you don't get your money back if you cancel and they can sell out if you don't book in advance.

Just book a fully refundable rate at the Sheraton or Hilton and if you can't go, cancel it for free at least 24 hours in advance. That'll probably be cheaper and less stressful than waiting till you're in Japan to search for a hotel. Disney hotels require a deposit so you don't get your money back if you cancel and they can sell out if you don't book in advance.
I didn’t think of it that way. Great idea. I am a Marriott Platinum Elite so I think I have a pretty flexible cancelation policy as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!