Last Minute Questions

eva

Often uses her unique ability to close threads.
Just booked a last minute cruise for next week. We haven’t been since Covid. I did a couple searches but couldn’t find a couple answers to my questions.

*I am assuming that you do not have tablemates anymore? Is this correct? You will have your own table at dinner.

*Also, we are driving. Is the port parking and embarkation all in the same area as before? Anything new or special for embarkation? I know about the Covid test. But do you wait around somewhere for the results? Do you immediately board? Can you go a little early?

*What shows are currently on the Dream?

Thanks so much!

You will have your own table.

You CANNOT get into the lot until your PAT. They will turn you away.

You will pay to enter the lot, then go to a designated parking space to take the covid test (you self-administer while they watch), then go to a regular parking spot and wait for results.

After results, go across the bridge to the terminal and check in, go through security and then onto the ship!

You will have your own table.

You will pay to enter the lot, then go to a designated parking space to take the covid test (you self-administer while they watch), then go to a regular parking spot and wait for results.

After results, go across the bridge to the terminal and check in, go through security and then onto the ship!
Thanks! Sounds easy!

On three-night Dream cruises right now they have Beauty and the Beast and the Nightmare Before Christmas sing and scream. They repeated Beauty and the Beast one night.

Reactions: eva

On three-night Dream cruises right now they have Beauty and the Beast and the Nightmare Before Christmas sing and scream. They repeated Beauty and the Beast one night.
Thanks!

And on the 4-night Dream cruises (as of a few weeks ago, at least), they were doing Beauty and the Beast, Believe, a ventriloquist (Taylor Mason), and the Hocus Pocus movie. The Nightmare Before Christmas sing and scream was at other times (one very late, one very early). But that might have changed by now.

It really was - waiting for the results was the worst part. I think I refreshed the screen about 100 times!
In SD they also had a big screen TV with reservation numbers that would be added as results came in. But I think my wife got her email notice before our reservation number was posted.

So anytime AFTER your PAT is OK? - Like an hour after is OK? How strict is the PAT?
Do you get a refund from the parking lot IF (God forbid) not allowed to board due to a positive result ?

In SD they also had a big screen TV with reservation numbers that would be added as results came in. But I think my wife got her email notice before our reservation number was posted.

They have that at Canaveral, too. I got my email at just about the same time the TV updated.

So anytime AFTER your PAT is OK? - Like an hour after is OK? How strict is the PAT?
Do you get a refund from the parking lot IF (God forbid) not allowed to board due to a positive result ?

You can arrive after your PAT, but not before. They're being pretty strict about early arrivals.

Yes - in the tents they have a big screen. When you are sitting in your car waiting, you are either looking for an email or refreshing the Safe Passage website (which will tell you first). When we were in the tent (we have sailed twice) it was easier to refresh the webpage since we were all the way to one side and couldn't see the screen.

Yes - in the tents they have a big screen. When you are sitting in your car waiting, you are either looking for an email or refreshing the Safe Passage website (which will tell you first). When we were in the tent (we have sailed twice) it was easier to refresh the webpage since we were all the way to one side and couldn't see the screen.
This is concerning because I am having difficulties with the Safe Passage website. I am trying to register my card today. They find the cruise ok. But when they say they emailed me a code to continue, I have no email. I had it resent a number of times. I went out and came back in. I checked my junk folder, nothing.

This is concerning because I am having difficulties with the Safe Passage website. I am trying to register my card today. They find the cruise ok. But when they say they emailed me a code to continue, I have no email. I had it resent a number of times. I went out and came back in. I checked my junk folder, nothing.

Reach out to Safe Passage and see whats going on. Their phone number is in the contacts info on the website, 1-877-250-5132.

And you'll need to resolve these problems before you get to the port and take the test, too. By then, you'll be good to get emails or look at the screens.

And you'll need to resolve these problems before you get to the port and take the test, too. By then, you'll be good to get emails or look at the screens.
I am getting pretty nervous! The SP website said it located our cruise, but the person I just talked to said he couldn’t find it. He said to wait another day or two. What!?! We leave for WDW tomorrow and sail a week from today. He said we can go to help desk at port and register our vaccine card there. Is that true?

I am getting pretty nervous! The SP website said it located our cruise, but the person I just talked to said he couldn’t find it. He said to wait another day or two. What!?! We leave for WDW tomorrow and sail a week from today. He said we can go to help desk at port and register our vaccine card there. Is that true?

I don't know. You might want to call DCL and ask them. DCL's website and emails all say to bring your vaccine card with you to the port, just in case, but I didn't need it for anything when I was there because everything was in my QR code. But maybe they ask you to bring the card in case Safe Passage isn't working?

I'd be hesitant to arrive without the "clear to arrive" status. Best to at least let DCL know about the SP problem so that they can make a note for you or something.

Reactions: eva

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter