Last day for discounted cruise-COSTCO!

tlynk

DIS Veteran
I called Costco to get a price quote on a 2007 cruise and was told that today (3/14/06) is the last day they will be discounting Disney Cruises. The person I spoke with said the original date was set for April 1, but when she went to work this morning she was informed differently. However, I'm not sure if today is the DCL discount cut off date for all travel agencies?? I was informed that in the future Costco will be giving some kind of incentive instead.

Thanks so much for posting this!

I've been planning to transfer a cruise I booked with DCL over and just had not gotten around to it.
I called and saved a bunch! :thumbsup2

Much better to save the money outright than to have a Costco credit in my book.

The agent I spoke to was very nice and I had hardly any wait at all.

We are calling sometime today to check so I'll keep everyone posted. That would stink if they decided to do it 2 weeks early. We were waiting for the school calendar to finalize before we booked our spring break cruise.

I called yesterday and they told me that there was a change of plans and it was back to April 1st.

Does anyone suspect this may be a sales tactic to get you to book today instead of waiting until March 31?

Well, I've seen the 4/1 date mandated by Disney from the first time the changes were discussed.

Maybe someone at Costco figured it would be a good idea to get a jump on things and give their agents and their customers a little extra time to adjust to the new pricing structure before it's set in stone?
Just a thought.

As I understand it Costco customers will still be getting the same discount after the changes, just in the form of a store credit.
Can't imagine that a couple of weeks either way is going to matter much to them.

I'm glad I made it in with the old program though. :thumbsup2

Btw, I only waited about 5 minutes to get through to an agent.
I probably would have been one of the folks who waited until the last couple of days to call had I not seen this post.
Wonder if there are enough 'in the know' Disney cruisers (who are also procastinators like me) to make up enough business that the phone lines will be a lot busier the last few days of the month?

ETA:

Our savings was about 10% off the price of the cruise
(no airfare, transfers or insurance included in the quotes)

I saved close to 10% of the cruise cost booking thorough Costco.....which was about $500 for us.

7 Night Western on December 15th 2007 -

Disney's Website: $5310.20 (no transfers/no insurance...We will drive, and I will add 3rd party insurance)

Costco: $4857.60

I just called them to verify the OP info. I was told that although they were told April 1st, that they have now been told that as soon as the details are finalized with Disney, it will go into effect immediately. They don't know if that will be tomorrow, next week or on April 1st.

The April 1st date was given based off of when the deal was expected to be finalized, but now it seems that Disney is pushing to have it done earlier.

Basically, if you want to book with the discount do it ASAP.

jenbrem1 said:
Does anyone suspect this may be a sales tactic to get you to book today instead of waiting until March 31?

I'm sure it was a sales tactic now that I think about it.

We just got our Costco quote. It is an average of about $500 less per cabin. Costco claims if we put our deposit down today and the Disney deal finalizes, we have to pay in full or we lose the Costco discount. Does that seem right?
If we book with Disney, our payment in full is not due until 2007.

jenbrem1 said:
We just got our Costco quote. It is an average of about $500 less per cabin. Costco claims if we put our deposit down today and the Disney deal finalizes, we have to pay in full or we lose the Costco discount. Does that seem right?
If we book with Disney, our payment in full is not due until 2007.

That doesn't sound right to me! Very strange! The customer service rep I spoke with never said I had to pay off the balance until 2007. I wonder if they really know what is going on at this point. I chose not to book with them, because I'm still unclear of my kids schedule for next year. The savings looks pretty good though. After I get my ducks in order I might just go through DU to help support the DISboars.

unixadm said:
I saved close to 10% of the cruise cost booking thorough Costco.....which was about $500 for us.

7 Night Western on December 15th 2007 -

Disney's Website: $5310.20 (no transfers/no insurance...We will drive, and I will add 3rd party insurance)

Costco: $4857.60

I just called them to verify the OP info. I was told that although they were told April 1st, that they have now been told that as soon as the details are finalized with Disney, it will go into effect immediately. They don't know if that will be tomorrow, next week or on April 1st.

The April 1st date was given based off of when the deal was expected to be finalized, but now it seems that Disney is pushing to have it done earlier.

Basically, if you want to book with the discount do it ASAP.

May I ask how long did it take to get your confirmation in the mail. I booked on March 2nd and was told 2 weeks. It may be in today's mail, but just curious if that seems to be others' experience as well.

I booked through Costco and saved about $300 over the cheapest quote I got from other travel agencies. I booked 2 Cat. 9's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter