Las Vegas- Which show?

smilie

I've been unwonked!
We are going to Vegas in May to celebrate my stepdaughter turning 21. I'd like to see a show or 2 but have zero idea on which one. Any suggestions?

My wife and I enjoyed the Blue Man Group and believe it or not Carrot Top.

We also really liked V. V is very similar to Absinthe but much cheaper.

We have also been know to go to some of the comedy clubs.

We saw Penn and Teller once as well. Our seats were really far away and that really took away from the show.

I second Ka. I would try and recommend O but we were falling asleep, because we didn't anticipate that the 10:30 PM show would feel like a 1:30 AM show. That's something else to consider.

The only famous performer I've ever seen is Penn & Teller.

BeatlesLOVE and Blue Man group have been my favorite. Ka was very good as well. My mother Loves O but I have never been able to afford it. I would avoid Zumanity since it is your daughter you’re going with

Beatles Love was a great show. We saw Blue Man Group in NY and our DD (then 16) enjoyed it a lot. I didn't care for O but that was because I was overtired and our seats were in an upper row. The problem with the seats is that we were able to see the moving platforms and it took away from our view of the performance. Something to consider if you choose that show.

We have enjoyed all of the Cirque shows except the Beatles one. Zumanity is hilarious and I saw that with my mom, I guess that show depends on your sense of humor and comfort.

Just a warning, if you dont like going to Circus, that will not change in Vegas, ( when it comes down to it, you got to think clowns throwing confetti out of a bucket and a man walking across a bar is entertainment , if not your going to spend over a hundred a head for a nap ( I know )

Beatles Love show and the Blue Man Group are really the only ones I've seen and would recommend both.:)

I really enjoyed Absinthe. It is a bit on the raunchy side but still a pretty good show and reasonably priced. It plays at Caesars Palace under the circus tent. I saw Cirque du Soleil "Mystere" once and fell asleep. That was the most expensive nap I ever had! :D

The Cirque shows are great. I've seen Beatles Love, Mystere, and O, all multiple times. KA and Zarkana (now retired) both once. Not Vegas, but at WDW, La Nouba, multiple times. ALL were excellent!!!!! Blue Man Group, both LV and Chicago, both excellent!!

Circus, that will not change in Vegas, ( when it comes down to it, you got to think clowns throwing confetti out of a bucket and a man walking across a bar is entertainment , if not your going to spend over a hundred a head for a nap ( I know )
Um not sure if you are being "funny" but the cirque shows are not "circus".

Ka was incredible. Terry Fator is amazing (backstory-we knew him before he hit it big-my hub is in fundraising and used to hire Terry as reward for students who sold at least one item to come to a show). His show then included anti-bullying message. He sings(!) as a ventriloquest. Still have my Winston puppets.

Also-bit off beaten path-the Mob Museum (near Fremont street) with the speakeasy tour and moonshine tasting is fun and unique! Not a show but worth the price.

I've seen all the "big" shows and enjoyed Zumanity and Love best. I wouldn't pay for Penn and Teller nor Mystere again. I literally slept through both. I typically hit it for a "show" I want to see that's not Vegas centric. I've seen a ton of great bands there, some at smallish venues nowhere near either strip.

Um not sure if you are being "funny" but the cirque shows are not "circus".

thats exactly what they are

Cirque du Soleil
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search Cirque du Soleil

Website www.cirquedusoleil.com
Cirque du Soleil (French: [sɪʁk dzy sɔ.lɛj], "Circus of the Sun" or "Sun Circus") is a Canadian entertainment company and the largest theatrical producer in the world.[3] Based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and located in the inner-city area of Saint-Michel, it was founded in Baie-Saint-Paul on 7 July 1984, by two former street performers, Guy Laliberté and Gilles Ste-Croix.[4]

Initially named Les Échassiers ([lez‿e.ʃa.sje], "The Waders"), they toured Quebec in 1980 as a performing troupe. Their initial financial hardship was relieved in 1983 by a government grant from the Canada Council for the Arts, as part of the 450th anniversary celebrations of Jacques Cartier's voyage to Canada.[5] Le Grand Tour du Cirque du Soleil was a success in 1984, and after securing a second year of funding, Laliberté hired Guy Caron from the National Circus School to recreate it as a "proper circus". Its theatrical, character-driven approach and the absence of performing animals helped define Cirque du Soleil as the contemporary circus ("nouveau cirque") that it remains today. (The only two instances of animals in Cirque shows are the snakes of Zumanity and the doves of Believe.[6])

Each show is a synthesis of circus styles from around the world, with its own central theme and storyline. Shows employ continuous live music, with performers rather than stagehands changing the props. After financial successes and failures in the late 1980s, Nouvelle Expérience was created – with the direction of Franco Dragone – which not only made Cirque du Soleil profitable by 1990, but allowed it to create new shows.[7]

Cirque du Soleil expanded rapidly through the 1990s and 2000s, going from one show to 19 shows in over 271 cities on every continent except Antarctica. The shows employ approximately 4,000 people from over 40 countries and generate an estimated annual revenue exceeding US$810 million.[8][9] The multiple permanent Las Vegas shows alone play to more than 9,000 people a night, 5% of the city's visitors, adding to the 90 million people who have experienced Cirque du Soleil worldwide.[9]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter