Larger Family Booking Advice...

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by LinaNate, Mar 23, 2018.

1. LinaNate

LinaNate Mouseketeer

We normally fly in. We live in Illinois so the drive sucks but the costs to fly 5 people sucks more. LOL.

I checked out vacation club rental. Loved the possible price break and that I could potentially afford to stay at the Wilderness Lodge (the cabins are our preferred location) but they responded to my quote saying there wasn't any availability.

I guess I'm gonna have to book POR but hate how far it is from MK.

2. Hootenany

Hootenany Mouseketeer

We are a family of 5. As soon as our 3rd turned 3, we started staying at POR and have LOVED it! It is a great place to stay! You can't beat the boat to Disney Springs. The bus ride to MK may be a bit longer, but truthfully, my kids always loved the bus ride as much as the park rides. Once we're on that bus, we are in the "zone" and I honestly couldn't tell you how long each bus ride took.
    Also, look into booking with a travel agency that offers a special Disney labor day deal (even if you are not going Labor Day- google it). I was pleasantly surprised at the discount that we got with our upcoming trip.

LinaNate likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. tiredsportsmom

tiredsportsmom Mouseketeer

We are traveling as a family of 8 (4 adults & 4 kids 11,10,10 & 8) June 15-30. We have a 4 bedroom, 2 bath condo, 5 day Disney tickets, memory maker, 1 day Universal park to park, 1 day Sea World with all day dining, express pass and Dolphin Encounter, deep sea fishing day. Medieval Dinner Show and parking at all parks still came out about $1100 (per family of 4) cheaper than staying 14 nights on site at All Star Music with only 5 day Disney ticket and memory maker. Condo is 5-10 mins from Disney, stayed in same complex different condo in 2013.

robinb and Mamaof6 like this.
  5. shrcpark

shrcpark Earning My Ears

We booked a house at Windsor Hills for around $1300 for 8 days/7 nights. We rented a car, drove to Target the first day and food shopped for the entire week. We did eat a couple of places at Disney, but stayed at the house for two days to rest. Our kids love it. We each had our own room and bathroom. I really like Windsor Hills, and they are kid friendly with the pools/actives/game room/movie theater and such.

robinb and Mamaof6 like this.
  6. mom2grace

mom2grace DIS Veteran

I would rent a 1 bed DVC. It gives you a full kitchen, 2 full baths, and w/d. We LOVE LOVE AKL, in particular Kidani, but there are a lot of options.

7. Mamaof6

Mamaof6 Earning My Ears

Did you check the Disney springs hotels? The Double tree suites sleep 6. I was looking at it as I have a large family. Looks like its 505 sq feet I noticed the family suites at Disney approx. same. Also you can add a dining card as a prepaid option if you wanted the dining plan I priced the rooms at about 165 per night. You can book fast passes 60 days in adv.

8. Christensen

Christensen Earning My Ears

For our trip in May we are staying at a house we rented on Airbnb. 4 bedrooms, pool in the backyard, $100/night, and only 10 minutes from the parks. Can't beat off-site for a family. You need the space for everyone to spread out after days in the park! Plus prepping and bringing some of your meals saves $100's as well. Win, Win, Win!

Mamaof6 likes this.
  9. Julylady

Julylady DIS Veteran

This is not going to save you any money.