Large People at WDW, Universal and IOA

phatgirl

Earning My Ears
I am traveling with a few large people and wanted to
Does anyone have a problem fitting on these rides???
I would like to try and avoid embarassment!:confused:

I'm rather large (as Robin will attest) and I can fit into the rides OK. How large is large? I think in the coasters, if your chest is over 55 inches, then you may not be able to ride. Sometimes I see very large people get into rides. It took some effort from the ride attendant to get them in, but they got in. There are test seats outside each coaster to see if you can fit. Also ask any ride attendant to see if there are size issues.

We are in process of installing longer seatbelts in Bluto's Barges to accodate big folks.

I asked the very same question when we went to WDW last summer. I Am a large gal and i assure you that I could ride all the rides at all the dianey parks. Although it was tight on fast track everything else was very comfortable. We are planning on going to Universal this year and I am allready starting to dread it......lol I am sure I wont be able to ride the roller coasters that they say the chest shouldnt be over 55in. Usually when the is a restriction here it clenches me because I am so tall. I really wouldnt stress over it I am sure they will have no problems. Have a great time :) :)

Mickey loves you no matter what size you are °o°

Outside of the rides at IoA (where fit might be tight) are sample chairs. They are the same ones used on that ride. I would see if the members of your party can fit in them, if so they'll have no problem. To avoid embarassment if its to tight a fit skip the ride?

becca33,
A couple of the coasters at IOA have special seats for larger people. If you can't fit in the sample seat, let the ride attendent know.

Barry Hom,
Becca 33,
Ioatech,
Mattsmom,
gschmerl,
syngrolsch and
Mr & Mrs. Potato Head ::

Thank you for all your replies...
I figured I was the only one...
I was so happy to go to the website
I loved it....

Thank you so much :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc

This sort of comment is uncalled for. I was referred to height (I am 6'3"), not weight. Please do not make such comments in the future.

Thank you.

One of the aspects I've always admired about this board is usually people can exchange ideas and information without being subjected to childish ridicule. This is where the grownups come to talk and most of us would like it to remain so.

Everything that can be done to accomodate everyone is being done parkwide. Countless dollars have been spent to make certain most people can enjoy the rides. We, as all parks continue to find ways to improve accessibility and maintain the complex machinery involved.

Sherry, you were right, it was. It was so rude I deleted it. We ask ALL posters to kindly refrain from personal attacks and anyone that has trouble following that guideline will no longer be welcome to post here.
Cathy

The larger seats on DD and Hulk are in the 4th and 6th rows (I think!) There is only one in each of the two rows though. The larger seats can be identified by the two seat belts on the over-the-head restraints as opposed to the one seat belt on the rest of the seats. Hope that helps!

I didn't ride any of the coasters at Universal or IOA.

but I had no problem fitting onto any of the other rides.

go and enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter