La Grange - Restaurant review

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This buffet service restaurant is located in the Disney Village.
If you are looking for tex-mex then the selection of ribs, fajitas, chilli con carne along with pastas will not disappoint.
The restaurant is located on the 3rd floor, over looking the dance floor below.
For a look at the restaurant press here

Link to other restaurant reviews :)

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

Anyone got any opinions on La Grange? We are thinking of eating there in October as meals in Disney Village after the parks close means more non-eating time in the parks (apart from our dinner at The Blue Lagoon which is a holiday essential)!

I've read some reviews on dlpfoodguide.com and they seem good but thought I'd ask if anyone here has any experience of eating there? If anyone has, what was the fish like on the buffet?

We ate here last week for dinner.

We had half board plus vouchers, which entitled us to anything we wanted from the buffet, plus a soft drink each.

There certainly was lots to choose from, and all cooked well.

Starters were lots of salads, eggs, nachos, cold meats, meat pie, cold salmon etc.
Mains included pork and beef joints which were carved for you by a chef, grilled salmon, various stews, chicken wings, chilli, accompanying vegetables, rice, potatoes, and sauces for the meats etc.
Kids could also have chicken nuggets, pasta etc (no chips though - yey :woohoo: !)
Desserts were lovely, and again lots to choose from, including floating islands, chunks of fresh fruit, gateaux, flans, brownies, doughnuts, and individually wrapped sweets.

I liked the atmosphere of this restaurant - from where you come in, it looks quite small, but it stretches all the way through the back of the building. Because its not open-plan, it feels quite cosy.

Ate here 15th January, booked for 19.00 for 4 adults, 2 kids and a baby.

When we arrived I asked if we could take the pushchair up as Little Un was asleep, the CM took me round the side (thro the side door into the BBWWS bar area, where you exit after the show) and took us up in the lift:thumbsup2 , when we came out the waitress just took me to the lift and left me to it to come back down on my own.

We were seated at the far end of the resturant by the windows in the part with the food. It wasn't busy in there but we were put between 2 other families so it was a bit of a squash as the tables are close together.

There was a good choice of food, the hot food was fairly hot, but none of us really enjoyed it:confused3 I was really looking forward to eating here, but came out feeling hungry, even the kids didn't seem to eat much here. Can't really put my finger on why none of us enjoyed it.

Didn't seem to be much of an atmosphere in there for some reason,

Kids get a soft drink with their buffet, adults don't. But if paying with HB+ vouchers a soft drink is included in all buffetts.

3 of us were ill the next day, upset stomachs etc, but can't really say for definate that it was due to eating here.

So although I was looking forward to eating here I won't be going back.

Jack and I ate here at 6.30 on Monday 19th January. I asked on the way in if I could use one HB Prem vouchers as part payment and that was fine - so we had an extra 11E to pay.

We were seated immediately and the restaurant was really empty. Our drinks came immediately and the buffet was great! Lots of lovely Mexican food, Fajitas were great, the chilli was delicious! I recommend lots of Chicken fajitas with sour cream and cheese, and lots of tortilla chips with beef chilli and coleslaw! Lush! Desserts were also great and I very much enjoyed my first taste of ‘floating islands’ delicious!!! Looking forward to Inventions in 2 days if they have them too!!

Out of the three buffets we had on our last visit, (Plaza Gardens, Agrabah's and La Grange) we found La Grange to be the worst experience, which is a shame as I was really looking forward to it. :sad:
We showed our AP's to get the discount, which wasnt put through. They only gave us our free drinks. I had to go back to the counter to complain, luckily our waitress was British so she understood what the issue was and she gave us a drink of our choice on the house, which was a nice touch.
When we went to get our food we found no Chilli, no cheese for the nachos and no sour cream.
My girlfriend is a vegetarian and she had little to choose from, which is a terrible shame as they should have more choice for vegetarians at a buffet you would think.:confused3 She was restricted to rice, carrot mash and spicy potatoes!
When it came to getting our desserts, we found the dessert choice to be a little lackluster, mainly because it seemed that the desserts had been out for quite a while and they looked pretty drab.
All in all, we found the experience quite disappointing and expected more from the buffet service as our buffets at Plaza Gardens and Agrabah's were top notch and I would recommend these two places to everyone!

We ate here twice during our visit this week

On the sunday there was plenty of choices

starters- soup, ham, cheeses, eggs, salads etc
bread rolls

mains -not a great choice

chilli, ribs, mash, fajitas etc
roast beef was ok on the sunday , a bit pink but ok
but on the tuesday it was really pink and it turned me off billy bobs big time

Defo wouldnt eat here again

:confused3

Ate here 29th May 2010. It was exactly as it said it would be. A tex mex buffet. Plenty of choice. The best chocolate tart you could wish for in the dessert buffet. My only gripe is that it could have been a bit hotter. Adults €24.80 child €12.80 incl drink

ate here on wed 19th jan 2011. contiues to be our favourite, good choice of good meats including beef carved in front of you, chilli, chicken, salmon, salads rice, pasta.,everything you want.
with a drink it was just under 65 euros for us 2 adults.
we did make a reservation but it was very quiet and people were just walking in and being seated right away.

032.jpg

this was the best buffet we had, will definitely be on our list for next time.

In the buffet this time was

salad cart
cold meats
gala pie
lime chicken
nachos
guacamoli
salsa
sour cream
gratted cheese
new potatoes
fajitas wraps
mixed veg
fajitas chicken
mexican rice
plain rice
chicken wings
chilli
sausages
gammon
gratain potatoes
pesto pasta
plain pasta
tomato sauce
chips

lots of deserts to choose from

It was all very good, we asked for a jug of water when our waiter came to get the drinks and this was free ;)

In line with the more recent (albeit much older!) reviews above....we had the buffet meal here in December 2019.
Hands down the best buffet we've had at DLP in 16 years (reminicent of the Davy Crocket Ranch and Lucky Nugget buffets of old).
Tex Mex food, but enough variety to suit most peoples' tastes I'd say.
Really like the environment too, as you can reserve window tables with views of the village, and the decor feels like a Thunder Mountain extension, but cozier.
Afterwards you can go down to the lower levels and watch a band, have a cocktail etc. The bar snack meals there looked very nice too.
Would highly recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts