kyriad hotel at DLRP

go cat

Earning My Ears
I'm looking through the DLP guide and this hotel is due to open in April, this may be a poss choice, anybody else booked this one.
Sequoia booked for may 25th week? any other ideas.
Thanks

Given a choice of the new hotels I would go for the Explorers' Hotel. Looks to have much better themeing and facilities than the Kyriad. However, not stayed at either (neither of them opened yet) so can't say for sure.

Regards

Rob

The Explorers will be an all-British hotel, BTW. Kyriad (next door) is intended to be mainly French (although it will obviously accept all-comers), while the Holiday Inn which completes the trio of new hotels in this area will probably be a mixture of the two.

Thanks for this, we plan to go in May (school hols), limited places available, thinking about staying off site to visit DLP and Paris. Any suggestions??
The other option is to stay on site if we can get a room for part of the week, lots of supplements to pay it seems.
I'm sure it's easier to organise 2 weeks in Florida, but we can't have everything.

The on-site hotels at DLP are incredibly popular, and book out fully months in advance for the busy times of the year. Across the year the occupation rate is 88%, which is why DLP is working with other partners to build four new hotels at the resort.

The best guide that I've found for off-site accommodation is SimonV's new book A Brit's Guide to Disneyland Paris which would be a good buy if you are planning a visit in the near future. I've not stayed off-site at DLP, so unfortunately can't offer any personal recommendations.

Regards

Rob

Not sure about the other new hotels but apparantly the Kyriad is already open in some form or another. My son is going next week (Thursday) with the school and is staying at the Kyriad.

They were originally booked into another hotel in Marne-La-Vallee but the travel company double booked and eventually managed to get them in the Kyriad as it was ahead of schedule and was opening early. I work at the school and have been involved in the planning/booking a bit and one of the teachers phoned the hotel direct to check that it will be open and was told that they are actually open now so not to worry! It may be that it is only for group travel though.

So next weekend I should know a bit more about the Kyriad if only second hand!

Karen :)

Hi Karen, I've also heard that it has opened early, so it was good that your son's school was able to take advantage of a double booking. Why didn't I get to go to exciting places like DLP when I was in school...

Regards

Rob

Thanks for continuing to reply.
Karen please let me know what your son thought if you don;t mind.
Rob - I've already got the book and I've been busy going through it - it's been well worth it - didn't get it from WHSmiths in the end.
thanks again

Go Cat - I will certainly let you know what he thinks of the Kyriad although as he is only 12 I cannot really vouch for the accuracy of his info ;) I will also ask the teachers who go with them their opinion.

Rob - I agree! Why did I never get to go anywhere like that with the school :( The most exciting place we went was the Science Museum!

Karen :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!