Kylo Ren will scare your kids and violate your personal space! It was AWESOME! (Vader BB8 ADDED!)

ExCMbeau

Find us on Youtube @ NolaDad08
This meet and greet was AWESOME! It created the memory that we all expect from a trip. We talked about this for a long time and now every time anything Star Wars comes we talk about this meet and greet. The kids are now talking about what they want to do the next time they meet him. I think everyone has a plan to deal with Kylo Ren until you meet KYLO REN! hahahahahaha

I could totally see how this could be a little intense for some smaller kids or kids who get scared easily. So you can see if this is right for your little one. KYLO REN WILL VIOLATE YOUR PERSONAL SPACE! :)

*UPDATED*
Here is a video from our 2016 meet and greet with Darth Vader for comparison.
*UPDATED*
Here is a video of the BB-8 meet and greet for comparison.

Last edited:
My four year old did the same thing when we met Kylo Ren in September. She did much better with Darth Vader at DL in March. He was still intimidating, but I think we were more prepared after experiencing Kylo first.

This meet and greet was AWESOME! It created the memory that we all expect from a trip. We talked about this for a long time and now every time anything Star Wars comes we talk about this meet and greet. The kids are now talking about what they want to do the next time they meet him. I think everyone has a plan to deal with Kylo Ren until you meet KYLO REN! hahahahahaha

I could totally see how this could be a little intense for some smaller kids or kids who get scared easily. So you can see if this is right for your little one. KYLO REN WILL VIOLATE YOUR PERSONAL SPACE! :)

I like Star Wars, but am not a true fanatic. However, I still really enjoyed all the interactions we had, both in the march and the m&g. In the march, one of the soldiers started messing with me and then turned to DS13. It was so much fun. Yes, I agree that Kylo can be intimidating for young kids or any kid who scares easily, but I'm sure they (Kylo, etc...) have a plan on how to deal with that situation.

I highly recommend it.

Love it! We have yet to meet Kylo or see the march and I'm VERY much looking forward to it in May.

Feb 2016 we did get to meet Darth Vader and it was extremely intimidating, I had a plan thinking he would be impressed with my Vader shirt-nope he just kinda lurched over me. I know he was a normal height, but it sure felt like he was 10 foot tall! It definitely is up at the top of the list for all time best character meets for me. I loved how even the character attendants and photopass photographers stayed in character, they were all very serious.

Well ..... we thought (and been twice) that it is one of the worst meets. Nothing intimidating, no real interaction, just stood there in the corner. I was disappointed at his smaller size. I really wish they would bring someone else in or Vader back.

Well ..... we thought (and been twice) that it is one of the worst meets. Nothing intimidating, no real interaction, just stood there in the corner. I was disappointed at his smaller size. I really wish they would bring someone else in or Vader back.

That's a bummer! All of ours were intimidating and in our face. I'm surprised he was smaller. I know a friend of Kylo and he's 6 feet tall. Chewie and Darth Vader were shorter due restrictions at Launch Bay. During SWW Chewie was as tall as 7 feet depending which friend he was hanging with that day.

My wife and I were there with another couple. When we went into the meet and greet area a cast member asked us to stop around the corner before entering the area. David and myself were standing there with our backs to the entry way and our wives were looking forward. We were all chatting when our wives froze staring behind us. As David and I started to turn around Kylo commanded us to follow up. Well David and I both screamed like 12 year old girls and stood there as Kylo walked away. Not really comprehending what we were commanded to do we just sort of stood there. Of course David and myself were looking at our wives laughing with our backs turned again when Kylo came back around the corner and barked at us to follow him again, we all jumped but luckily none of us squeaked like a terrified mouse. The subsequent interaction was certainly less than expected as we were all stunned. We have a super awkward photo of the wives not wanting to get anywhere near Kylo and David and myself completely unsure of where to stand or what to do. After a few "you aren't ready yet comments" we were ushered out. We have laughed about that again and again over the years.

Photo added:

Stunned men and less than happy wives. But like I said we look back on this and laugh every time. Great experience.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_20aa.jpg

Last edited:
That's a bummer! All of ours were intimidating and in our face. I'm surprised he was smaller. I know a friend of Kylo and he's 6 feet tall. Chewie and Darth Vader were shorter due restrictions at Launch Bay. During SWW Chewie was as tall as 7 feet depending which friend he was hanging with that day.

Have met many at SWW, met Vader and Chewie a few times at Launch Bay. We all were quite let down and said we wouldn't waste the time again. I'll wait in line for Chewie and interact with the Jawas.

Kylo Ren scared the crap out of my sister and I earlier this month. We had taken our picture and he told us to go as he crossed to the other side of the room. We scanned our magic band and leaned over to pick up our bags. When we stood up, he had come up very quickly behind us and got in my sisters face again. We ran out of the room, creeped us out!

17499495_10211532260358584_6054560297472101425_n.jpg

Saw him last June. Thought it was great. I'll find out in January how intimidating he is with my DS who'll be turning 8.

My 4 year old adores Kylo Ren and really, really wants to meet him. He saw a youtube video of Kylo holding a little kids hand, so he's hoping for that, but I warned him that might not be the case. I hope he's not too scared by him, because he absolutely loves him.

Does anyone know if Darth Vader is still there? That's another favorite of his, but I feel like I heard he's not there right now. We are hoping to do the jedi training and possibly fight him.

I was wearing a Han Solo T-Shirt when we met him and he made a threatening gesture while slowly circling the whole family. My wife was also told quite sternly "Do Not Touch Kylo Ren!" I found the whole thing to be quite fun.

17499495_10211532260358584_6054560297472101425_n.jpg

Saw him last June. Thought it was great. I'll find out in January how intimidating he is with my DS who'll be turning 8.

See how petite he is! And add him standing in corner or by wall not really interacting. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter