Krispy Kreme donuts

I love Krispy Kreme, but they're damn near impossible to find nowadays. We used to have a stand alone store here and they were also found in the grocery stores. Now...nada! (I'm in New Jersey.)

Last edited:
In case this helps:

Krispy Kreme
5318 West Irio Bronson Memorial Highway
Kissimmee
407 390-8133

And the HOT NOW sign is ON!!!!!!!!!

Never understood why anyone actually prefers Krispy Kremes over DD.

MG
Because any hot donut made in front of you is better than a stale donut made in a distribution center. (Unfortunately the model DD moved to. I'm not in the North East, so It's been 15+ years since I've had a respectable DD donut)

..although any KK donut at WDW is going to be less than ideally fresh. I much prefer the hot croissant and mini donuts available at WDW.

Now coffee ... KK coffee is nasty, and DD coffee is awesome.

Last edited:
I don't even like donuts, (I know, I'm a monster!) but can also agree that they've carried them for years in Picabu in the Dolphin. Its my job in the morning to acquire breakfast and bring it to the room, so I have to hit the cafeteria and then the espresso place to obtain everything. Its a pita, but its better than waiting for people to eat after we're ready, so I'm happy to do it. Just wish the coffee cafe would sell mimosas too. I'd use them to get people moving faster:)

http://www.mojodonuts.com/ is our doughnut shop of choice. If any of you visit South Florida, they're worth driving an hour in each direction for. :teeth: I'd have to consider how much I wanted one & how much time I had, but I might be willing to drive further than that on rare occasions. They have two locations. One in Miami & the one we go to, which is closer to Ft. Lauderdale. Warning: this is not your run-of-the mill doughnut. They are decadent & delicious.

On very rare occasions, when we're in the mood, we'll go to KK for "Hot Doughnuts Now". We don't bother with any of their other doughnuts. To us, the hot doughnuts are melt in your mouth good, but only when they're hot. We could throw a rock at DD from our house. I can't remember the last time we got doughnuts there. DH says he'd rather put sugar on the rock & eat it. :p Mojos has spoiled us.

I can remember around here when Krispy Kremes were THE hot item--long lines such that the police had to control traffic at some locations.

Now ALL those store are closed and gone....

What doughnut shops do you have now?

Here in KY the Speedway gas stations have Krispy Kremes. I don't know if the Hess Stations turned Speedways have them at WDW or not, but it might be a possibility.

Here in KY the Speedway gas stations have Krispy Kremes. I don't know if the Hess Stations turned Speedways have them at WDW or not, but it might be a possibility.
Many gas stations in South Florida have KK. The grocery stores also have the glazed doughnuts prepackaged. I'd be surprised, if many of the grocery stores & gas stations in Orlando didn't also. Obviously, if you don't have a car that doesn't help much. Finding them on WDW property would be more challenging.

I've never heard of Maple Donuts. Now, I'm curious. I'll have to Google it.

Have to admit tho that the fresh donuts at my local Giant are just as good as any regular donut shop. That does not include any "real" bakery--but those are few and far between these days.

I love Krispy Kreme, but they're damn near impossible to find nowadays. We used to have a stand alone store here and they were also found in the grocery stores. Now...nada! (I'm in New Jersey.)

We had a "factory" by us for a while, but it has been closed for years. The closest one is about an hour away now.

Never understood why anyone actually prefers Krispy Kremes over DD.

MG

The allure to me was when the "hot now" sign was illuminated and the original glazed were coming fresh off the belt. They did melt in your mouth. A friend was a DD manager decades ago, and back then the donuts had to be thrown out and all new ones made after an interval of time which escapes me. Now that DD doesn't make them fresh in the stores, I have had ones that were on their way to resembling paperweights more than donuts. I guess it depends on how soon after they were made you get them. Some supermarket donuts are decent, though that varies greatly by location. There are also a few donut shops and good bakeries still around, though not real close by me.

Plenty in NC - Hot and ready!!

Plenty in NC - Hot and ready!!
When I lived in the Greenville/Spartanburg SC area, going to KK after church was a weekly ritual. This was in the late '60s and ealy '70s so they must be ( I think they're still there) some of their oldest stores.

They had them at Cape May years ago & these 2 ladies kept taking the whole tray every time they put them out, not joking it cracked me up.

kae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter