Kouzzina, Artist Point or Jiko?

kstinw19

DIS Veteran
My dh and I usually get one dinner away from the kids while at WDW (by bringing our sitter) and we usually go to CG.

But this year I wanted to try something else and have narrowed it down to kouzzina, artist point and jiko.

My dh is kind of picky so please take that into consideration.

All opinions welcome ;)

My hubby is picky too and we're trying Kouzzina this trip but it's kinda in spite of him not b/c of him :-) He's doing this 1 for me though cuz i really want to.
Now he's very excited about Artist Point. The buffalo sounds awesome and from what i understand it's quieter and more intimate than some other places.
Plus I told him that it reminds me of Forks and he's my Edward, so... :lmao:

that being said- we LOVE jiko. Just trying different stuff. The filet and mac and cheese is so delicious and different. mmmm

Definitely JIKO!! As previous post said, the filet and m&c is great. Really ALL of it is great! Can't wait to go back!

Jiko is awesome!:cheer2: It would be our pick! the atmosphere is also very nice! We love AKL!:banana:

Good for you for wanting to try something new.

Jiko is my favorite place at WDW. AP is also very, very good. Kouzzina is nice enough, but not really in the same class as Jiko or AP.

Jiko would be our pick.

We liked Kouzzina a lot, but the food is greek style and probably not the right choice for a picky eater.

We are passing on Artist Point these days. The cedar plank salmon is still excellent (although seriously overpriced unless one is on the dining plan). The mushroom soup is good. We didn't care for the buffalo steak at all. And, due to the DDP, the choices desserts are down to a couple of wholly uninspiring choices for $10 each!

Another Jiko fan here! The food and service are wonderful, and as a bonus, you can view the animals on the savanna either before or after dinner (or even both times :goodvibes). :thumbsup2

Well, you have probably alreay checked the menus but of the 3, I'd go with Jiko. Haven't been to Cat Cora's place yet and the menu dosen't excite me. As ElizabethB suggests, Artist Point isn't that great. We haven't been there in 5 years...

I certainly wouldn't recommend Kouzina for a picky eater.

Jiko is great, though, one of our favorite places. The filet & mac is very benign and not weird at all - it is steak & mac, but both are very, very good. If you like apps then the BBQ chicken flatbread is really not that weird. Good desserts, too.

I would like to try Artist's Point at some time, though. Haven't made it there yet.

Thanks for all of the input. Although my dh might not be happy initially with my choice, we are going to try Jiko. I looked at the menu and there are a few things that he would eat. And I have wanted to try it for a while now.

I was worried that I wouldn't get a ressie at this late date, but there were a bunch of later times open.

Thanks everyone!! :thumbsup2

Definitely Jiko. Kouzzina is ok, but for a night out for just the two of you, Jiko is much better. In my experience, Artist Point is hit or miss (last month our experience there was just average). We've never had a bad meal or service at Jiko. Enjoy!

Kouzzina was awful, so I wouldn't recommend going there.

I would say Jiko, I had an amazing meal there, but there aren't many options for a picky eater. But maybe you can convince DH to expand his horizons. It will be worth it for you, at least. :rotfl:

I've never been to AP, but they have more 'familiar' menu items there.

Oj Jiko sounds lovely - is that a signature meal?

Yes it is a signature meal. I am now excited about it. I think that there a quite a few things that dh will eat on there and I don't think that he has ever been to AK to I would him to see it.

We are already eating as a family at WCC so we will see WL already.

Hopefully it will be fun :thumbsup2

Jiko. . .beyond the food being great the atmosphere as well. It had the lowest noise level of anywhere we have eaten in WDW. We found it had the least amount of children as well so it was a great place to get my wife's mind off of the fact that we left the kids at home! :woohoo:

Mmmmm Jiko. I get the maize crusted fish (last time was wreckfish) and get the mac n cheese instead of the veggies. The sauce is good on the mac and cheese too :worship: (Last time I got WAYYY to much mac n cheese and the server commented that I must know the chef or something). Last time we went here we were staying at the resort so the chef sent us a special amuse bouche and it was tasty too!

Artist Point is also DELICIOUS! I do not eat beef or pork (and also no venison, bison, etc... basically no land animals - just fish and birds) and I loved it. I got the mushroom soup for app which was delicious. And then I got the cedar plank roasted Salmon. I am not usually a salmon person but this was delicious! And they plated it tableside (brought it out on the plank and put it on my plate) so that was nice.

Kouzzina we have done breakfast at once (and did breakfast at Spoodles once) and we didn't love it. It's ok and it's pretty inside but the food wasn't our style. That's why we def haven't done dinner or lunch here.

Just back from a week at the Poly, we ate dinner at Artist Point Saturday night and agreed best meal/experience of the trip -- which included a dinner at Cali Grill as well.

DW had the mushroom soup and salmon, I had the soup and berkshire pork.

Also had DD9 and DS 4 along -- they did a special half portion filet mignon for the 9 year old and our son is allergic to eggs and he had the adult macoroni and cheese (a side order on the adult meni) which was incredibly good. Chef came out and talked about the egg allergy, we decided on the mac and cheese, and he offered the filt to out daughter. Special dessert for allergy boy too -- sorbet.

Service (from Stephanie) was great - personable, efficient, fun.

Wines from the Pacific quite good too

personalized menus for our anniversary.

Quieter than most restaurants, nice room

We would go again in a heartbeat.

Seems you are sold on Jiko but just throwing my two cents in. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter