Kong Replacement Seems a Definite

Yeah, MIB the old Poseidon show was better then the new one but they said that they weren't getting good reviews about it and the reviews now aren't much better

RE: Poseidon's Fury

I thought the changes were an improvement. The storyline seemed more intense w/o Poseidon actually being our tourguide (if I remember right that's how it was setup before). For me, the trip through the water tunnel is worth the price of admission alone. Amazing stuff. Call me a dork. *shrug*

GK777

Nah, you're not a dork its just you got your own opion and thats cool and all but I like how you had the suprise ending in the first showand there were more lasers and fire, and poseidon and zeus looked more mythalogical. Some of the stuff in the new show is good also, like the pond fire, guest interactions. But, since I work there I don't see many guests have a suprised look on their face like before.

First of all, Kong is open as of today (11/08). As far as an "Eval" goes, whatever it is you are speaking of- everyone needs to understand that if there is an issue necessitating the closure of a ride for material/mechanical reasons the decision is made to repair. This should not be implied as a problem we will let go until September. We need to be very careful about how we relate things- especially rumours which this is a prime example of. Sometimes it is better to just wait for the facts, and there are none right now, regardless of who your source is.

Kong is open, because our guests wanted it. They spoke, we listened and that's that.

IOAtech,

Thanks for the clarification. I think we all are glad that KONG is still open despite what the sources said in September. At least I am glad that it's still open...

IOAfan

Kong....here we come!! See you in 16 days!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info IOA Tech!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Looks like I won't have to "kiss the monkey good-bye," as someone put it weeks and weeks ago.. ;)

At least not for a while..

Seems IOATech, Earl, and CoasterFEV once again came through with the right stuff. Those "Kong closing forever" threads just got a bit more humorous. Thanks, guys! :)

Yipee!!!!!!!!!! I hope it stays open for a while (until i get a chance to ride it again)...

IOAfan

I guess it was just my lucky day...went to Universal Studios on Thursday, Nov. 8th....knew that Kongfrontation was going to be down, possibly gone for good...had already taken it of my list of "must-do" rides...the sign outside the park even said it was closed...they did not even list it on the park map and schedule they handed out...yet later that day as we walked we saw people going in and we asked and sure enough...they opened Kong!

Hey ...it ain't no Spider-Man, but I enjoyed it and I'm glad I got to experience it.

:) :p :D

I hate Universal!

Are they going to still call it the New York area? It makes so sense already with Twister there and now Mummy Returns will be there?

I think Universal needs to theme their so called "lands" better. I hope they dont do this is IOA.

I'm so glad Kong is open! I am taking my kids in 3 weeks and was really disappointed that they weren't going to get to ride it! I know it is corny but I still love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter