Knocking down entire Imagination building

What do weddings have to do with attractions? Lockedoutlogic is right. Plans to build attractions are never released to any CM's. I know this, I'm not just saying this. Even when an idea comes to light that affect CM's directly they are still the last to know. In addition, there are confidentiality agreements that Disney makes. There are also concepts that are designed with every intention to be completed and never see an end result. I am not talking out my butt. I really do know this but hey, you guys take it for what it's worth. With Disney- believe it when they make an official announcement. Until then, none of it is true.

Lockedoutlogic simply said CMs know nothing. The planners I talked to before my wedding at Disney discussed the Grand Floridian DVC construction before it was announced. Before we signed our contract, they told us exactly what would be happening during our wedding and what pictures would be affected. They also told us about possible cranes that might be in the background of the pavillion looking towards the Castle. That would be the fantasyland construction---I don't know the timeline on that though as to when and what had already been announced. So while I can't prove that CM's know anything about attractions, I will say some def know about certain construction projects before the general public.

So the lesson is....if you want to know what's going on at WDW - don't ask a bus driver - ask a wedding co-ordinator!!!

They have info on where the cranes are because it affects their job. They do not necessarily have info on why the cranes are there.

Same thing for construction walls, if the party wants to have pictures taken in certain areas that might be affected.

I'll bet you donuts that they weren't told (or if somehow they knew, they could NOT say) that the building being constructed at the Grand Floridian which would have affected the Wedding Pavilion was a DVC building, until it was actually announced. If they did say so, then they were working off the same rumors we all knew, and not on any official info.

I'm not sure if they ever said it would be a DVC resort, I think they called it a Disney project, but they knew what was being built. They knew how many stories it would be and mentioned several times that by our wedding date construction would just be starting.

I'm not sure if they ever said it would be a DVC resort, I think they called it a Disney project, but they knew what was being built. They knew how many stories it would be and mentioned several times that by our wedding date construction would just be starting.

Right, which as I said is knowledge they need for their job, but nothing more than what they need. And generally, only for projects that would affect the views that would be used for wedding pictures, etc.

General rule of thumb - those with direct knowledge of exactly what is being built are not allowed to confirm anything until the official announcement. Anyone giving you advanced information is in general repeating the rumor, even if it turns out to be true.

I had a wedding at WDW...

Wedding planners are aware of closures that might effect facility availability...because they will sell you any patch of ground for an event.

I guess you can call that "knowing something"...but that would only be an operational necessity on the sharpest of angles.

I was more referring to "cast members" in the sense of those who basically are given the minimum necessary to serve a billion dollar operation.

Wedding planners, DVC sales people, etc....who are paid a legitimate wage/ compensated based on production... Are kinda different story. My opinion.

If you believe the "my friend has a cousin who works at the park and she knows _____".... Then You are gonna be on the short end of the scoreboard 9999 out of 10000.

None of what you're told has any real validity...

"CMs" know absolutely nothing. Just the way it is.

Why would people who make basically minimum wage or a little above on average know the corporate plans of a Dow 30 company?
Pretty easy riddle to solve there

Thank you. But this is the RUMOR BOARD correct?

Rumor:noun
1. a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
"they were investigating rumors of a massacre"

2. be circulated as an unverified account.
"it's rumored that he lives on a houseboat"

Just passing along some talk. Yeesh.

I would say that the construction workers/team (architects, etc) know what they are building. So all it takes is one secretary or a carpenter or electrician to tell her family and it is common knowledge. Stuff like this happens all the time. I wouldn't discount what CM's hear right off the bat ever. However it is very easy for what originated as fact to become twisted or exaggerated. That's just human nature.

I would say that the construction workers/team (architects, etc) know what they are building. So all it takes is one secretary or a carpenter or electrician to tell her family and it is common knowledge.
Most of them only know they are building a building. They don't generally need to know it's a DVC building, or a regular resort, or really care...

Most of those that know more are under an NDA.

In fact, WE generally know whether it is DVC/non-DVC before the builders, because the plans need to be filed.

He also said they will reopen the Wonders of Life pavillion during demolition/construction.

There is almost nothing left of the attractions in Wonders of Life. Maybe they could re-open the pavilion and then provide free wine to compensate for why we keep paying more to get into Epcot and have less to do than we did back in 1990.

Most of them only know they are building a building. They don't generally need to know it's a DVC building, or a regular resort, or really care...

Indeed. They are paid to do their part and that is usually enough work for them without trying to find out what the big picture is. They do their part, get paid, and move on to the next job.

Thank you. But this is the RUMOR BOARD correct?

Rumor:noun
1. a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
"they were investigating rumors of a massacre"

2. be circulated as an unverified account.
"it's rumored that he lives on a houseboat"

Just passing along some talk. Yeesh.

I understand the concept of a rumor...

But my point is to limit snowballing so these things don't take a life of their own.

Rumors... Still need to be from sources that may have legitimate means.

Rank and file never do unless there has been a significant misstep or oversight leading to it. That is never done intentionally...which makes CM initiated rumors 99% throw outs.

And the thread is "news and rumors"

News is real... Rumors have legs that seem to be soon to become news.

Just a difference in opinion...no big deal

I just wish epcot would not let these buildings just sit there...the epcot I remember was very hands on!!! a lot of the attractions in innoventions were actually in the other buildings!!!! at the very least open the upstairs at imagination again...and the wonders of life could be a giant INDOOR playground for young kids with hands on experiences...I remember when epcot opened how fun it was to make a dining reservation face to face!!! such new technology! and easily another area to add a character meet and greet! I can't realistically see how Disney has no ideas how to revamp these areas??? we could give them plenty of ideas!!! how about making some areas based on the classic films that currently have no ride....that way the theme would be timeless and only the technology need to be updated!! I still think do a theme of healthy living based on disneys newer kick...bring back the singing kitchen show!!! do actual live cooking demos, let kids plant things to stay at Disney...go back to what epcot was meant to be!!! they have just let things stagnate in some areas...epcot used to have lots of stuff for learning!!!

so who has the imaginers phone number? :rotfl2:

There is almost nothing left of the attractions in Wonders of Life. Maybe they could re-open the pavilion and then provide free wine to compensate for why we keep paying more to get into Epcot and have less to do than we did back in 1990.
I love this and couldn't agree more!

I do hope that they don't tear down the JII pavilion. I like the look of it along with the Land next door. Horizons was nice looking too but I can say that about the Mission Space building too even if what's inside is lame.

I wish that Disney would do something to revitalize Future World! There is a just so little there now and ironically imagination is definitely lacking.

I wish that Disney would do something to revitalize Future World! There is a just so little there now and ironically imagination is definitely lacking.

Epcot, as a whole, has suffered for decades now. Future World, most of all, has withered on the vine. Disney seems incapable of managing the vision of what Future World was supposed to be, and unwilling to bring in outside resources to fill that gap. At this point, Future World has become some place to spend some time before you go to the food/flower/wine festival next door, which has also become a gimmicky land full of tribute bands and has-been musical acts.

Disney Imagineering sure wasted a lot of time anguishing over the mission/purpose of Future World/World Showcase and EPCOT Center as a whole concept. If only they'd known what the company would be doing with it 30 years later, they might have had an easier time just pushing it down the conveyor belt.

At least Disney's own website doesn't seem to refer to Spaceship Earth as a golf ball anymore (one of the more reprehensible things they did in their desire to dumb down the place).

I believe the entrance to it is hidden between Canada and England. It is not actually defunct, they DO use it for special events.
Yes.
That is where it is and, unless you are looking for it or it is being used for some function, you would not notice it. Most of the perimeter of EPCOT toward the backs of pavilions have gates that go backstage.
That's just what the entrance to the old Millennium Village area looks like.
They have info on where the cranes are because it affects their job. They do not necessarily have info on why the cranes are there.

Same thing for construction walls, if the party wants to have pictures taken in certain areas that might be affected.

I'll bet you donuts that they weren't told (or if somehow they knew, they could NOT say) that the building being constructed at the Grand Floridian which would have affected the Wedding Pavilion was a DVC building, until it was actually announced. If they did say so, then they were working off the same rumors we all knew, and not on any official info.
That makes sense.
And, they would be sharing information with guests based on need to know.
Someone whose wedding is going to be at the Boardwalk wedding pavilion would not need o know information about projects at MK.

I believe the entrance to it is hidden between Canada and England. It is not actually defunct, they DO use it for special events.

Thanks. I've been wondering for awhile what the building, I see on google satellite view, between Canada and GB was/is.

It looks like an inflatable type building/tent from the satellite shots?

To the people here that think the attractions in WOL have been gutted, you are very wrong... :)

To the people here that think the attractions in WOL have been gutted, you are very wrong... :)

I have heard from two pretty reliable sources on another forum that the Body Wars simulators are gone, someone even provided a picture of the empty bay:

wol-jpg.35777

I believe Cranium Command is still there but the queue area is gone.

Cranium command is still there, part of the queue is gone, Body Wars queue is there, exit is sealed off by a wall, but I think at least one sim is still there. It's too big if a project for them to removed all 4 sims under cover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter