Kitchen remodel coming…need dinner ideas please!

I am really hesitant to add an electric fry pan, or induction burner. We don’t have a place to do this, without worrying about splashing stuff on a wall. However, if in the middle of the project, I reserve the right to change my mind :)

Because of the oil and smell, we use our electric frying pan in our backyard. Usually frying fish or cooking bacon (not something we do too often)

We make potatoes in foil packets on the grill. Potatoes, onions, salt, pepper and lots of butter. Delicious but definitely not low calorie.

I also make a packet with kielbasa, potato, onion, cabbage, butter and garlic. Really yummy.

When we refinished our hardwood floors, we used the grill. I lived in a ranch type home at the time and my master BR had access to back yard. Had microwave in the garage and I also had a sink in the garage. Paper plates and plastic utensils.

You guys are all great! i have 3 crockpots…and while I normally use them in the winter, mostly for soup, and never in the summer, one of the things we do like is shredded beef! Got that added to the shopping list! Crock pots are close to the Nesco roaster. Not sure why I forgot about that too.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

We had a remodel in the middle of winter so no grill for us. It also pushed much longer than planned due to COVID shutting it down. We all of the holiday season from mid November to early January with no kitchen.

We did a lot of sandwiches and whatever we could make on our electric skillet. We had to do all of the cleaning with our utility tub so before the project started we scrubbed that thing.

Last edited:
It is me…the OP!

We actually survived the remodel, a couple of hiccups, especially with the backsplash tile, new tile needed to be ordered, caused a 1 month delay. Luckily, the sink/ plumbing was finished the end of week 5. Should have been all done after 6 weeks. The stove got reinstalled at the end of week 6. And, something for one of our cabinet doors is still backordered, so we are missing 1 cabinet door,

For meals…we actually survived great, with a minimal amount of eating out (Not more than normal for us). I even realized I could cook pasta in an instapot. Our meal plan more or less was cold dinner salads (tuna salad, chicken salad, chef salads) with some grilling mixed in too. We went out for pizza, got an XL, had leftovers for several days, same concept with Chinese take out.

I love what we did, love the colors that we picked. Our contractor did a great job coordinating all the trades.

I'm glad it went well. Right now we're in the middle of a kitchen remodel. The painters are here this week so we're boarding the dogs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!