Kissimmee

martinrmn

DIS Veteran
We are due back in Florida this December. We have never been to Kissimmee and were wondering if it is worth a day or 1/2 a day out? If so how far from I-Drive is it?

Hi,

We have stayed in Kissimmee on most of our visits. However, that is purely down to the fact that is where a lot of the villa communities are.
Location is pretty good for all the attractions, supermarkets & restaurants.

I wouldn't say it was necessarily a place I would go if we were not staying there.

I can recommend an evening at Old Town which is totally unique and nothing like anything else in Orlando, also Celebration is just off the 192 highway and that is definitely worth a visit - it's a lovely place to go.

I would agree with johnny.The Old town has many little shops.Classic car and motorcycles are there once a week.Celebration is a great place.
I would go to old town on a evening and celebration during the day.

If you are over in December you really want to go to clebration as evry night in December they have snow fall in the main street it is fantastic . Xmas music is played and the hole street is covered in snow , I think the first snow fall is at 7pm and then it is every hour

Another vote for Old Town - especially if you like your thrill rides, cars and bikes.
They have the Skycoaster there which is worth a watch - even if you can't pluck up the courage to have a go.
I've put a link below that has a couple of clips of this so you can see what it looks like.

http://www.nicholls2010.co.uk/movies.html

We are due back in Florida this December. We have never been to Kissimmee and were wondering if it is worth a day or 1/2 a day out? If so how far from I-Drive is it?
I have stayed in kissimmee twice and this year will be my third stay.
Old town is worth a visit,even if just for the evening, if you like classsic or sports cars then they have some great shows on friday and saturday evenings.
As mentioned there are rides and stalls there.
There are also some lovely shops in old town too.
Kissimmee has its own mixture of shops and restaurants, as well as having the Lake Buena vista outlets Hwy, (192 to S Apopka Vineland Rd (SR 535), 1 mile north of Kissimmee.
They also have,
Boggy Creek Airboat Rides
Medieval Times-dinner theater and tournament
Sunshine Helicopter Tours- we did this and it was fantastic, we flew all over disney.
Orange Blossom Balloons.
Hope this helps.
Anj

If you are over in December you really want to go to clebration as evry night in December they have snow fall in the main street it is fantastic . Xmas music is played and the hole street is covered in snow , I think the first snow fall is at 7pm and then it is every hour

Wow I didn't know that!

We love Kissimmee as we used to stay there in a villa but now we're DVC - we still head to the 192 for dinner every night though.

Old Town is worth a wander - especially if you're into classic cars - I think Friday or Saturday nights they're all lined up.

Plenty of crazy golf opportunities too.

Also, dont forget the real Kissimmee town centre with its quait shops and the lake.
This is off the 192 and has the shopping feel of a small town

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter