Killing Time After Checkout

Yes, you can use all resort facilities until midnight of your check out day. Not sure when your flight is but, Sleep in, when you’re ready you can call Bell Service to pick up your luggage. The main pool has a shower & lockers. Stroll over to French Quarter, the walk along the river is so pretty. Check out their food court, enjoy some Beignets. Take the boat to Disney Springs. From there after you finish exploring take the bus to Beach or Yacht Club and explore the resorts and the Boardwalk. Take a Friendship boat to DHS to grab a POR bus. Or take bus to Grand Floridian. They have beautiful Easter decorations.

We bring an insulated bag with grocery bags inside it to hand carry our wet clothes back onto the plane. If it's really hot, we bring a change of clothes to put our sweaty clothes into it and then change into dry clothes for the plane ride.

Great chance to check the bags and hop to a resort - might I suggest if the weather is nice Geyser Point for lunch

We’re in the same boat - checking out of GF with a 5:30 flight. We decided not to do another park day. We had Ohana at 9 but I just moved it to 11:30 so we can sleep in.
We may use the pool if weather is nice enough.

We have requested and gotten late check out (1 pm) so we enjoyed the pool mid-morning, cleaned up in our room and checked our luggage, and then went to DS for an afternoon movie. Another time we went to AK lodge and enjoyed all of the animal viewing - and you could plan a lunch there, too. Geyser Point at WL is also a great choice, and you could take the boat to MK and then hit up the monorail resorts for a tour too. Lots of fun choices to pass the time! 🙂

Yes, you can leave your bags with bell services and yes, you can use the pool on checkout day. You could resort-hop after your breakfast. If you are on the monorail line, you could take that all the way around - I would also suggest looking at the activities at Ft. W (you can take the boat from MK). They have very reasonably priced kayak/canoe rentals, you can visit the stables, do gem mining, fishing from a dock, etc. There is also a very good and reasonably priced QS at Ft. W. You could also rent a pontoon boat and sail around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon or even consider a fishing boat excursion if your kids like to fish. If you go to Topolino's for breakfast, you could Skyliner over to Boardwalk, rent a surrey bike and walk to Fantasia mini-golf.
This is the best answer on here

We slept in and had a 6pm flight. Don't discount how much time you will need to check luggage and clear security at MCO. Rather than overpriced Disney food we opted for a local diner in Celebration and then did a little shopping at the outlet mall. I was unimpressed with the Character Warehouse outlet offerings. There was a line to get in but I never turn down a shopping mall and found other shops to fill some time.

Highly recommend this diner. Food was delicious and reasonably priced.
http://downtowndinercelebration.com/

OP I'm not sure how familiar you are with Disney resorts.... there will be lovely grounds to relax and enjoy, pools to play in, restaurants and snacks to try, free boat rides just for the fun of it, that last day goes by faster than you'd think! And there are changing rooms by the pools - With a tired family I'd advise sleep in till you fell like it, spend time packing up and getting stuff to bell services, but keep a day bag with you with swimsuits and needed items. Then maybe a character meal somewhere for late breakfast/lunch- then swimming and exploring some of the scenery - each resort has it's own vibe to check out! buses,boats,monorails,skyliner....all fun to check out.

Great chance to check the bags and hop to a resort - might I suggest if the weather is nice Geyser Point for lunch
that has been our plan if we aren't in a park on the last day is to resort hop.
Geyser Point is a great place for lunch.

OP I'm not sure how familiar you are with Disney resorts.... there will be lovely grounds to relax and enjoy, pools to play in, restaurants and snacks to try, free boat rides just for the fun of it, that last day goes by faster than you'd think! And there are changing rooms by the pools - With a tired family I'd advise sleep in till you fell like it, spend time packing up and getting stuff to bell services, but keep a day bag with you with swimsuits and needed items. Then maybe a character meal somewhere for late breakfast/lunch- then swimming and exploring some of the scenery - each resort has it's own vibe to check out! buses,boats,monorails,skyliner....all fun to check out.
Good info – just a reminder that unless you stayed at a specific resort, you cannot any other resort's pools, with a couple of exceptions (pool refurbishment, Port Orleans, All-Star pools, possibly others).

We spent most of the day at the main Riverside pool on our checkout day last month. It was wonderful. There was a waitress walking around and taking orders and we found an empty locker to store our valuables. There was one shower in the women's room so we were able to shower and change before leaving for the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter