• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids to BLT

silv3rglat3

Mouseketeer
In less then 14 hours we will be beginning our trip to Disney World. This will be our first time driving all the way, we have taken the train before but wanted to stop in to see family. The trip will be with my DG30, DD7, and DGS4. We took them to disney around this same time last year and landed smack in the middle of a tropical storm. After seeing the weather reports today it looks like we timed it perfectly.

Our trip will begin tomorrow at noon with the first leg of our journey, we are staying with family on Hilton Head Island. Unfortunately we booked to late to get a night at mini disney at a decent rate but we get to save money for one night.

On Saturday evening we will leave and drive down to Orlando, we had to stay outside of the park because BLT was booked for that evening for the studio, these plans were added way after we originally booked. The Hampton inn is only about 10 miles from the park and includes breakfast. We will be up first thing Sunday morning to eat and drop our bags off at BLT and head to the parks until our room is ready. We have 6 nights in a BLT studio lake view room, I requested a high floor so we will see where we end up.

We made ADR's for Kona Cafe Sunday night, we love the pineapple bread and the kids love the sundaes. Monday we are eating lunch at Crystal Palace. Tuesday is Bibbidi bobbodi boutique for DD and knight package for DGS. Followed by dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park fare. Wednesday is pedicures at the Grand Floridian spa for DG and DD then dinner at the rose and crown pub to watch the fireworks. Thursday is Chef Mickeys for breakfast followed by Pirates league for DGS and mermaid for DD. That evening the kids are headed off for the Neverland kids club while we have an adults only dinner at Kouzinna by Cat Cora. Friday and Saturday will be free days and we will see where we end up.

Lets hope the weather holds and everything goes as planned. We will be posting lots of photos from the trip.

My kids are similar ages and we are heading to BLT in December. I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip!

All the best with your trip we drove on 6/22... 14 first day...stay over 3 hours to park...arriving a BLT at 11:30am....

We love it....3 pools... Splash areas...arcade....community room...ping pong...

Walk to MK....

Have a wonderful time...pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter