Kids running through my yard

Thanks everyone!!! I can see by the posts that I temporarily overreacted. Kids outdoors playing is a good thing. I can not afford to fence my entire yard so, that is not an option for me. But I do tend to be a bit of a worry wart, or almost expect the bad out of most people since we do live in such a litigious society.

I love my neighborhood, and like I said, I didn't even recognize these kids. Growing up, it was no big deal for us to run through our neighbors yards, but everyone knew everyone else, and if one of us was out of line you better believe our parents found out about it!!!

But, I do also remember being in my pre teen- teenage years, and yes being disrespectful (in my grownup, property owning opinion now) of other people's space/property by doing stupid things like "pool hopping":cool1: (in another neighborhood, never our own!!!) or pranks like moving (quite frankly stealing) yard satues or furniture to another yard down the street etc.:rotfl: Did we set out to be disrespectful? No, we were just obnoxious kids who were having harmless (to us) fun with out considering how it made someone else feel.

The "mommy" part of me still feels bad,and wonders if that kid is ok.

I guess its just the way it is in this day and age, but it makes me sad actually. I remember (back in the day!) playing manhunt during the summer and running (and hiding) in my neighbors yards all the time. No one ever said anything. Maybe they didn't like it, they never said.

I hate that this generation has to worry about stuff like that.

It does make me sad, too . . . it's the result of a society that no longer believes in taking responsibility for oneself.

I unfortunately have a close family member who has a desk full of lawsuits made by people who got hurt where they shouldn't have been, and blamed the property owner. And sadly, those people usually win something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter