kids having KTTW cards with them

lillilace

Earning My Ears
Do kids who aren't given sign in/out privileges and charging permission expected to carry their KTTW cards with them at all times? Why would they need them? Just checking because I'm not sure if my 8 yr old DS is responsible enough not to leave it somewhere. Thanks.

I don't think that kids are expected to carry their KTTW cards. I always carried my son's because you will need them when you get off and on the ship.

I don't even let DH carry his KTTW card around with him coz he's even less responsible than DD - don't mention the Quiet Cove incident when his card had a turn in the Hot Tub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I let my nine year old carry his until he dropped it down the elevator shaft. It was a major hassle to change everyone's cards and from then on I carried his. I let my ten year old carry his - he had sign out priviledges and he took good care of his.

Nope, no need at all! In fact the cards for kids without sign-out and charging privileges are basically just souvenirs. They don't do anything. :)

Actually, they are more than souvenirs.

They are credit cards - you have to go to the service counter once you are on board to turn them off.

And, they will work at any of the stands when a manual receipt is given (like the souvenir stand by the pools and the drink mug stand they set up.)

Watch out!

When we checked in, the cast member suggested that we NOT give the cards to the children as they were as charge cards. As soon as she heard this, my DW took mine as well! :eek:

Really? When I specifically did NOT give my child chariging privileges when I completed my docs they told me at check-in that her card did NOT have them, nor would it open the stateroom...it was basically a souvenir. I never let her have it anyway. Interesting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter