Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report). Three-Peat and Done 7/11

Amy!!

That's because leaving WDW is such a let-down, the least you can do for yourself is come home to a clean house!!!

Amy we are so Borg with the reason we clean the house before we leave. Hubby thinks I am crazy to think that way.

Tink cover your eyes.... who cares that our counters are full of junk or there are toys on the family room floor.

I didn't realize this was the kid's first trip to Disney so that makes this extra special for your family. :wizard:

Amy wrote:I am INSISTENT that the house be clean before we leave on vacation.

Double BORG! :thumbsup2

Don't forget to put those lights on timers too!

Do you have th pipe cleaners for the kids to play with in the car during the drive? If not - Dollar Store. Best things to keep the kidlet occupied.

We'll wave at you from 35,000 feet as we fly by......just make that Mickey head a little bigger so we can identify you from the air!

Happy Trails!!!

Amy - Borg! List maker here too. My fam laughts at my lists and spreadsheets but they enjoy the rewards of my work.

I hope your trip is magical :wizard:

I love the Neatkid stories. She really sounds great. And, although I've said it before, I'll say it again. Those dresses are beautiful, and you are sooooo talented. Oh, and you forgot one other costume you made on the list of "things you've already done" (although you alluded to it in the breakfast mention)! There's another family who appreciates and benefits from your talents! (Not to mention the multiple t-shirt recipients.....)

This trip will be amazing for you, I have no doubt. Your kids are going to be enthralled, and you will be so happy to have Grammy along for the ride (not to mention Neatkid). Take notes! Can't wait to read the report! See ya in the World!!!! :thumbsup2

Amy -

Ya'll have a WONDERFUL time!!

I can't wait to read the rest of the report when you return. Tell all the Vikings "hi" from the only Central Georgian not making the trip. Sniff.

And the costumes are gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Do you do window treatments? Just panels. Nothing fancy. And could you finish them before ya'll head out?

I've got a little thing at the house this weekend. :teeth:

Best wishes for a great trip. Look forward to hearing all about it.

NM :sunny:

AMY! I just caught up. Why am I reading TR stuff with less than 15 hours to go?

Cause I'm too excited to sleep!

See you Saturday!

Blessings!
MarkyMark

:banana: :banana: I am lame and marking my spot on all the trippies so when I get back I know where I am :banana: :banana:

AMY!! We are Silver Bullet twins too, ya know. I can't benember if I told you that's what we call ours!!

It will be fine. Yes, you will be glad if the house is clean-ish but as long as there is no carp on the counters, nastiness in the fridge, and toilets are flushed :rotfl2: it will be fine.

I love NeatKid. Not NakedKid, but it can read like that to the filthy, tainted Viking mind.

Your mad skillz put me to shame. Better hang a shingle for all the AP holders in GA to hire you for costuming!!

Ah hem, many thanks to OhMari! for combining the two threads, sorry to be such a pain!

I will continue (now) to post links in the first post.

Hope this doesn't confuse everyone!

At last report, I had three sleeps to go and much left to do. I pick up this story two days later. In the meantime, I had managed to collect together a few things and continue to work on my lists. They were shaping up nicely. I had, by this point, printed everything I thought I would need from my planning sites and put them into a small three ring binder with page protectors. This is important. For some reason.

Some of my DIS friends will remember that about two weeks before my trip my dog had an "episode." She was perfectly fine and bouncing around one day, then the next she was completely down and severely anemic. No easy explanation could be found. No worms, no parasites, no ticks, no parvovirus. I feared poisoning, but that was never mentioned as a possibility by the vet. After laying down @ $200.00 for the initial work-up, the next step was going to be some VERY expensive tests. My love for my dog is great. However, I am also pragmatic. And my father is a veterinarian. He lives only 6 hours away. If my dog needs very expensive tests, I think it makes sense to take her to him for those very expensive tests, which he will do for free, making them much less expensive.

The decision was made jointly (with my father) to take my dog away from my local vet and bring her to my dad. But then she improved drastically. And suddenly. Rather like how she got sick. She then seemed to be doing fine, but was reluctant to eat her regular food. She was pampered for a few days, then I started working her regular food back into her diet. Which she resisted.

As I was preparing for this trip, I made arrangements for a neighbor's teenager to feed and water our dog while we were away. I warned them of her episode, and was leaving all contact information in case something happened. I decided to change her food. I continued to prepare for our trip. On Vacation minus one day, I ran errands in the morning, including stopping by the PetSmart for a different food for her.

I was supposed to be packing and cleaning on Thursday. Instead, I said goodbye to a friend. I went home just before lunch to do what I needed to do and found that my beloved golden friend had died.

This was the shadow that preceded our vacation.

All that can be said is that, if I was to lose her, that it is better to lose her while I was there than if we were already in Florida.

Rest in Peace GeorgiaAristodog. You will be missed.
115835P2010018_267_x_200_.jpg

Isn't Packing Part of the Trip? (Page 7, Post 91)

Sorry about your beloved dog Amy. And you are right it would have been harder if you were gone when it happened. :hug:

I am glad you decided to write a trip report. Can't wait to hear more.

--

AMy I'm sorry. I know I am unobservant at times, but somehow I totally missed that the dog had died. I knew about the possible trip to your dads, but dang. Again, sorry bout your dog.

Looking forward to the rest of your TR

Blessings!
MarkyMark

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how upset you must be - hopefully it's getting a bit better every day. What a terrible way to start your family vacation - and then to come home to no one greeting you at the door. I can't even imagine. I'm really very sorry for you and your family.

:grouphug:

Amy :grouphug: I am so sorry. I had no idea of this turn of events. I know how much a pet can be part of the family.

AMY!! I had no idea you had to say goodbye to GeorgiaAristodog before you left! I am so sorry...

Oh Amy.....I'm so sorry to hear of GAAristodog.

As you said, it was a blessing that it happened before you left for Florida.

Sorry to you and your family. :grouphug:

I'm in.

To this trippie too.

And looking forward to it.

And, yet, am so sad now too. Just wanted to say that.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. Very sorry.

And how awful it is to lose a furry friend. And family member.

But... looking forward to this report.

Cheers, Mel.

Amy!!!!

I will join in and say how very sorry I am.

To hear that.

Really. Really.

LYMI,

~me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter