Kids CS Credits & Menus FAQ & Q&A

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Tricia1972, Jun 2, 2010.

1. supersnoop

supersnoop What time is the three o'clock parade?

It always looks like that, for everybody.

JMCDisneyLover likes this.
  2. hammie59

hammie59 DIS Veteran

Yes you can pre order an adult CS meal for a child at BOG. You can also do this everywhere else on property. No one cares. We had free dining QS plan. My 9yr old dd ordered both adult and kid meals according to what she wanted to eat that day. We didn't hide her from the CMs. Did I mention no one cares? All CS credits are pooled together and not separated out as adult or child. There are some people on here flaming others for doing this. Disney could easily change how they have it set up and they haven't, so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  3. Bell30012

Bell30012 DIS Veteran

During this week, I have tested this about every way that it can be tested. At some restaurants we have ordered three kid's meals. No problem. At some restaurants we've ordered three adult meals. No problem. We've used CS credit to get three snacks at carts and at resort restaurants. Again, no problem. Not a single time has anyone said anything other than how many credits are left. With my being on a diet, I eat off the kid's menu more than the adult menu. The 8-year-old with us often wants from the adult menu. The DD14 can go either way.

When the 8-year-old was having trouble deciding, a CM asked her if she wanted the big hamburger so that she could have the cake because the kid desert choices weren't that good.

4. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. dimbo82

dimbo82 Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if the kids' counter service meals only come with milk or water? That is how most of the menus read but I just cannot believe that the options would be so limited. Surely it doesn't cost Disney more money to give my 8 year old a small cup of lemonade than to give him a carton of milk. Which is incidentally a terrible thing to drink in the middle of a theme park in 90 degree weather.

6. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

There is usually a child size water, or a child size soda available.

7. junebug21981

junebug21981 Mouseketeer

This really intrigues me now. I'm going to have to look back at the QS menus and see if it actually works on our trip in April for my DH, myself and our DS. It's kind of a no brainer to order the adult chicken nugget and fish at Columbia Harbor House that is 11.29 instead of just a kids chicken nugget for 6.99. More savings and more sharing!!!!! Then, I can move a QS meal to breakfast to share instead of paying out off pocket for all of our breakfasts. Sound about right?

8. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

We did something similar. For a party of 4, we ordered 2 full-size entrees, and had the old plan, so we swapped desserts for extra drinks.

On the new plan, you don't get the extra drink swap unless you use a snack credit.

9. junebug21981

junebug21981 Mouseketeer

I was also thinking that this would be beneficial at the resort QS restaurant. At the resort we will be using our refillable mug. So, use 1 QS credit for a meal, I could choose any entree and then swap out the drink for an extra side or dessert. We don't need 2 drinks!!!!!

10. Realfoodfans

Realfoodfans DIS Veteran

Goodness all this around QS changes and how to use the children's meals is now totally confusing me.
    So if not having a drink you can choose to have something else? How do you know what? Is there a link to what is a side and what is a snack?
    I've only just discovered that dessert is not now included so if you don't have a drink with your lunch can you use that for a snack/dessert at dinner or only at the meal where you decline a drink?

11. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

Let me see if I can help clear things up.

QS meal is a counter-type meal where you order and wait for your food then go sit down with it (like McDonald's). On any dining plan, that meal now consists of an entree and drink. If you don't want your drink, you can substitute anything on the menu with a purple snack logo next to it, but it MUST be done when you order with this meal at the same location. You cannot "save" your declined drink for later. You can get a QS meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Even though the brochure still says, "kids must order from a kid's menu where available," that is NOT the practice for QS meals. Kids can order adult meals at QS if they choose.

If you have a dining plan that includes a TS, table-service meal, you still get the entree, dessert, and drink. You can use these meals for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. At TS, kids will have to order a kid's meal; there is no loophole here, unless you have the Deluxe Plan, but that's another discussion.

Does that help?

Realfoodfans likes this.
  12. Realfoodfans

Realfoodfans DIS Veteran

Definitely does Sharon! When we booked the QSDP was dessert and one snack option so disappointed there's another change! To be honest we want to avoid stress for our grandson with special needs so we will just do whatever is most comfortable for him - he's not a big eater so little and often will actually suit him better. Big thank you again :thanks: