Kids club question for those under 5

Sarah Fallon

Mouseketeer
I understand unvaccinated kids under 5 must wear a mask in kids club. What about if they’ve had Covid in the past 90 days and have an approved recovery letter? Are masks still required?

What about if they’ve had Covid in the past 90 days and have an approved recovery letter?
The 90-day recovery letter does 1 thing only: it allows the guest to skip testing -- the pre-embarkation testing and the test on the last day for a guest <5 on a cruise of 5+ nights.

Thanks all. We had plans to get our son vaccinated but he just got Covid so now we can’t before the cruise. I wonder how they will distinguish between vaccinated and non vaccinated under 5 now. We don’t cruise until September so he would’ve been fully vaccinated by then.

Thanks all. We had plans to get our son vaccinated but he just got Covid so now we can’t before the cruise. I wonder how they will distinguish between vaccinated and non vaccinated under 5 now. We don’t cruise until September so he would’ve been fully vaccinated by then.

We cruised last month. Our 4 year old was given a yellow band to wear with his magic band when he checked in. They will know.

I’m not telling you to get your son vaccinated or even if it’s advised. But just having Covid does not restrict you from getting vaccinated once you are past quarantine. It’s only if you received monoclonal antibodies are you restricted. I got the 1st vaccine, got Covid a week later and then was past quarantine to get the second shot on time. I did not get monoclonals. Up to you of course, I just wanted to make sure you had accurate information. And as always consult with your pediatrician.

We cruised last month. Our 4 year old was given a yellow band to wear with his magic band when he checked in. They will know.
Right, but now kids under 5 can get vaccinated, so will those kids still be required to mask?

Right, but now kids under 5 can get vaccinated, so will those kids still be required to mask?
If they’re vaccinated I’d assume they would not. However Disney hasn’t updated what the new policy will be. I’m assuming that everyone will have to be vaccinated and that there will be a certain amount of time to meet the requirements.

We're still several weeks out before the first fully-vaccinated little ones would board anyway. But based on when vaccines first became available for the 5-11 set, it is likely little ones who have provided proof of vaccine through SafePassage will be treated as 5+. The yellow band noted by a PP will continue to be given to unvaccinated young ones who will need to wear a mask at the Club/Lab.

If they’re vaccinated I’d assume they would not. However Disney hasn’t updated what the new policy will be. I’m assuming that everyone will have to be vaccinated and that there will be a certain amount of time to meet the requirements.

Just seeing if there are any updates on this. I am cruising with our 2 year old and 4 year old and both have been fully vaccinated, just curious if they will have mask requirements or be required to make reservations for the 4 year old for the kids club.

Are the nurseries even re-opened yet?

Just seeing if there are any updates on this. I am cruising with our 2 year old and 4 year old and both have been fully vaccinated, just curious if they will have mask requirements or be required to make reservations for the 4 year old for the kids club.

Are the nurseries even re-opened yet?

I haven't heard any updates on the Under 5s. Nurseries are re-opened, but I don't think you can book until you get onboard - although that was supposed to change soon.

Just seeing if there are any updates on this.

If you are asking whether DCL has changed the vaccination rules yet, no. However there hasn't been time yet for any child under age 5 to be considered "fully vaccinated" -- which means at a minimum 2 doses 4 weeks apart plus 2 weeks after the last dose (for Moderna) and presumably Pfizer will need about 3 months total.

No reservations required for the Club/Lab. The Nursery is open for little ones under age 3 and reservations are required, though I'm not sure if you can do that online ahead of time or just onboard. Those age 2-5 who are not vaccinated are required to wear a mask in the Youth Activity spaces and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter