Kidani Medicare trip

I've really enjoyed you're trip report :goodvibes. It looks like you are having a wonderful time. Thanks so much for sharing :).

Jean,
Thank you for sharing your vacation and birthday with us. Love your photos!
And a big Happy Birthday to you.

Happy b day, Jean!

Your pics are making me want a new AKL trip! I especially like the tortoise pic - I didn't see one in Sept at Jambo.

Tabatha

Happy b day, Jean!

Your pics are making me want a new AKL trip! I especially like the tortoise pic - I didn't see one in Sept at Jambo.

Tabatha

They are only at Kidani. They are outside the indoor walkway from the elevators to Sanaa. When we had lunch with the Animal expert, she explained that they had been rescued and placed at Kidani.

Your trip report is making me so "homesick":guilty:. I love my AKV home, but I can take comfort in knowing that we will be at OKW in less than a month:goodvibes.

Thank you for the great information on the Wild Africa Trek. My daughter wanted to do this for her birthday present and since the trip is being paid for by the grandparents, we were able to use our regular vacation money to cover it. Unfortunately, she had to choose who would go with her...mom or dad...she chose me:yay:! I can't wait!!

I did the WL Segway tour back in 2010 on my birthday trip. I loved it! I was pretty clumsy on my Segway, and when we parked it at the horse barn, mine was "wobbling" up against the fence:lmao:...just mine...everyone else's was completely still.

Enjoy the rest of your trip:goodvibes. Kidani is so wonderful...I could easily spend a week there without visiting the parks. Alas, we won't be back to our AKV home until 2014 or 2015:sad1:.

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful trip!
We were checking out of Kidani on the day you checked in. We spent our first 3 nights at BWV and the last 4 nights at AKV - DGrD's 1st birthday trip and DS and his GF flew in from Calif to spend some time with us all and the big kids wanted to check out AKV.:goodvibes
I love love love my BWV - but knew I had to have some AKV points as soon as they started building. I am a huge fan of AKL Jambo and have now enjoyed 3 stays over at Kidani and, though I love so many things about it, I am still struggling with the lack of food options - we walked to Jambo for most meals, but I found myself resenting having to and feeling inconvenienced having to leave my resort to get anything other than room service. I agree that Sanaa is wonderful - we sent DD and DSinL for dinner one night while we babysat and they also loved it. The savannah was full of animals and we also love sitting on the balcony there- I think one of my favorite things is listening to all the little voices coming from various balconies in the morning and evening calling, "look, mommy, look, daddy - it's a ....!!" fill in the animal;)
I also had a terrible time with the WiFi - kept shutting off on me and it was sloowwww when it was working.

Thanks for the wonderful review of the AK Trek - I have promised to take DNeph (14) on this tour as soon as we can work a trip around his school schedule - I told him I can't survive it on a summer trip - too hot for me.
Hope the rest of your trip is awesome!!

We're looking at staying at AKV April 2013 :goodvibes, and I think I've decided on Kidani over Jambo after reading your trip report. The kids' play areas look great, and since we'll have two families and 10 kids total, I think that will be an important factor! ;)

We're looking at staying at AKV April 2013 :goodvibes, and I think I've decided on Kidani over Jambo after reading your trip report. The kids' play areas look great, and since we'll have two families and 10 kids total, I think that will be an important factor! ;)

10 kids!!! :crazy: I wish that our trip last October, when we had 7 young kids along, would have been at Kidani. They would have LOVED it! Can't wait to bring them to Kidani on a future trip!

Great TR Jean sounds like a lot of fun. Have you had a chance to check out a handicapped 1BR? I'd be interested in comparing it to you usual resorts. Maybe it's the location that bothers your DH?

I sure wish they would get the wifi straightened out. I'd be tempted to ask for a manager when allying tech service. And definitely a letter to member satisfaction on your return.

Great TR Jean sounds like a lot of fun. Have you had a chance to check out a handicapped 1BR? I'd be interested in comparing it to you usual resorts. Maybe it's the location that bothers your DH?

I sure wish they would get the wifi straightened out. I'd be tempted to ask for a manager when allying tech service. And definitely a letter to member satisfaction on your return.

I did get to see the HA 1 bedroom. I specifically asked to see one with a high toilet. It was PERFECT! And the living room area seemed roomier than BWV 1 bedroom so more room for the scooter. And the entry was big enough to park the scooter AND it had an outlet to charge it! The jacuzzi was way smaller than BWV but we never use the jacuzzi anyway except to hold the dirty towels. :rotfl2: I am so sad that out October family trip was not at Kidani. The pool area would have been ideal for the young kids in our family. We have done 3 big family trips and I was thinking that we would be done with that (pretty hectic) but after seeing the Kidani pool area with my own eyes, we might have to try one more big trip. This time I will not give the family the chance to vote for the resort. I will just book Kidani (and that means I will probably have to do renting or transferring points. Ugh.).

I know what you mean we are planning one for June 2013 for 23 family members and 10 are children under age 10. :scared1: We've been saving our BLT points to stay there so they could walk to MK. But now with so many little ones we're wondering if AKV wouldn't have been the way to go.

And I'm not sure I said it before, but

BirthdayMinnie.jpg

I know what you mean we are planning one for June 2013 for 23 family members and 10 are children under age 10. :scared1: We've been saving our BLT points to stay there so they could walk to MK. But now with so many little ones we're wondering if AKV wouldn't have been the way to go.

And I'm not sure I said it before, but

BirthdayMinnie.jpg

Good luck on our trip. 10 under 10 will be exciting!?!? We had the 5 youngest in the GV and that was a mistake!

Happy Birthday.

Enjoying your trip. Two things on my to do list are the Africa Trek and a Segway tour. Great pics and reports of both.

Happy Birthday Jean!

Your pictures from the Wild Africa Trek are fabulous! The suspended bridges remind me of the canopy walks below the ziplines in Whistler. We were planning on doing those last August while my parents ziplined post Alaska cruise until my DF became ill. We had to cancel that cruise with one month to go but I plan on taking my DD later this summer to Vancouver/Whistler and we are going to do all the activities on land, including that canopy walk.

I commend you for doing all those things on your list-keep doing all of them while you can :)

Happy Birthday Jean!

Your pictures from the Wild Africa Trek are fabulous! The suspended bridges remind me of the canopy walks below the ziplines in Whistler. We were planning on doing those last August while my parents ziplined post Alaska cruise until my DF became ill. We had to cancel that cruise with one month to go but I plan on taking my DD later this summer to Vancouver/Whistler and we are going to do all the activities on land, including that canopy walk.

I commend you for doing all those things on your list-keep doing all of them while you can :)

Here's to a great trip for you and your daughter! it will be a vacation you will treasure, I'm sure. I don't think that I could do a high zip line like Whistler. But if I can find a lower one... My next dream is to try the parasailing at WDW. Maybe in October so DH can cheer me on.

Here's to a great trip for you and your daughter! it will be a vacation you will treasure, I'm sure. I don't think that I could do a high zip line like Whistler. But if I can find a lower one... My next dream is to try the parasailing at WDW. Maybe in October so DH can cheer me on.

DO IT:hyper:!!

DH and I did this on our honeymoon (single, not tandem) and it was some of the best views I've ever experienced. It is so peaceful when you are up that high...you don't even hear the boat! I hate heights, but I did OK as long as I didn't look up...those tiny carabiners holding me in place were not reassuring:faint:.

Ziptrek Ecotours has a variety of zipline trails in Whistler...a couple for beginners, and a couple not to be taken for the faint of heart ;)

My DM has a list and we are going to work on it! My DF fortunately had the opportunity to do pretty much everything on his list before he became ill...he was lucky enough to retire at 52 and he lived that early retirement very actively. I have learned so much from him and from his illness about living life to the fullest so keep on going well past Medicare :woohoo:

Ziptrek Ecotours has a variety of zipline trails in Whistler...a couple for beginners, and a couple not to be taken for the faint of heart ;)

My DM has a list and we are going to work on it! My DF fortunately had the opportunity to do pretty much everything on his list before he became ill...he was lucky enough to retire at 52 and he lived that early retirement very actively. I have learned so much from him and from his illness about living life to the fullest so keep on going well past Medicare :woohoo:

Thanks for the reminder. My bucket list is still way too long!

I agree with the "Do It" comment...

DW and I went skydiving last year in Winstead, MN for our anniversary. If a big wimp like me can skydive, then I know you could parasail at WDW!

My next dream is to try the parasailing at WDW. Maybe in October so DH can cheer me on.

DO IT! We did it last June and it was lots of fun. Here are a couple of pics. Not a big fan of heights but I did enjoy it.
IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

If you are really adventurous you might want to also think about the Indoor Skydiving thing that is near Universal. Here is DD flying.
AFlying1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!