KIDANI AKL SIDE..Help. Where to eat here? Food at pool?

staffieri

DIS Veteran
Staying on this side 2 days. then moving to the Grand at Jambo. Any good advice for this side? Is there food at the pool? How late does the pool stay open? We are going in October. We are coming in late from California. Should arrive at 6pm. But it will feel earlier to us. So wanted to play at the pool and eat there. Any advice on doing this or anything.

Yes, there is a pool bar that opens at 11am for food/drinks. Super fun pool play area for kids and great water slide. Pool is open until 10pm. Also a good restaurant inside called Saana if you want a sit down meal.

Plus you can purchase lots of different items in the store to either prepare in your villa or just eat as they are. Kidani Village is only about a ten minute walk from Jambo House. Or you can ride the shuttle.

There is also a shuttle van that goes between Jambo and Kidani. Very convenient, took it several times.

If you have the energy on your first day, you might want to go over to Jambo. You can use the pool there. If you want to eat but you don't want to go to a table service restaurant, your options are better at Jambo. The Mara is a quick service restaurant by the Jambo pool. The gift shop at Jambo has a bigger selection of food than the gift shop at Kidani. Also, the Mara has grab and go food items.

As mentioned above, there is a van which goes between the two resorts. Or you could walk. Also, check on the bus service - I believe all theme park buses stop at Kidani, then Jambo, then the theme park. The Disney Springs bus stops at Jambo, then Kidani, then Disney Springs. So you can take one of the buses and get off at the next stop -- but ask before getting on the bus!

I believe you can use night vision goggles to look at the animals at either resort, if you still have energy after it gets dark.

Staying on this side 2 days. then moving to the Grand at Jambo. Any good advice for this side? Is there food at the pool? How late does the pool stay open? We are going in October. We are coming in late from California. Should arrive at 6pm. But it will feel earlier to us. So wanted to play at the pool and eat there. Any advice on doing this or anything.

I agree with the others. Head to the Mara at Jambo
What is the "Grand at Jambo"

It's not at the pool, but Saana is at Kidani. It's an excellent TS restaurant, one of my favorites at WDW. I'd recommend trying it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter