Kid friendly restaurant in LA?

MischaOz

DIS Veteran
Hi! As the title says, I’m looking for a kid (and picky adult) friendly restaurant in LA. We are going to be visiting the walk of fame and Griffith Park, so anywhere in that general vicinity. My daughter and husband are incredibly picky - like chicken nuggets and burgers for every meal picky. We’re going to be there on my b-day, so if possible I’d like to go somewhere a little fun/special, but it’s more important that the picky ones like it (otherwise they get crabby, I know from experience!). And we’re going to Steakhouse 55 for my b-day dinner. :). Anyway, any suggestions are most appreciated! Thank you!

If you will be doing the Walk of Fame, look at the website for Hollywood & Highland. There are lots of restaurants there -- and they get lots of tourist traffic, so the food is very approachable, e.g. Hard Rock Cafe, Johnny Rockets, etc. -- maybe something there would fit the bill? (And there is a Ghirardelli's across the street next to Disney's El Capitan Theatre for bribery to get the picky ones to eat!) Closer to Griffith Park, in the Los Feliz area, there is a big shopping area with a Costco -- there is a Mimi's Cafe there that might fit the bill.

I would recommend Mel's Drive-In in Hollywood. A neatly themed diner/restaurant right in Hollywood with all of the classic dishes. I haven't been there in a few years but this is probably what I would recommend over Hard Rock and Johnny Rockets in terms of theming and food quality, located on Hollywood and Highland. Just personal preference.
https://melsdrive-in.com/menus/?menu_id=3895

Nothing fancy, but Shake Shack is newer and on Hollywood and Gower.
https://www.shakeshack.com/

Since it will be your birthday, if you will be in the Walk of Fame area, maybe your family would enjoy a visit to The Grove and The Farmer's Market (they are right next to each other)? They are located on Fairfax, between Beverly and 3rd, about 10 minutes south of Hollywood & Highland. The Grove is a really nice outdoor shopping district/mall with some fun restaurants (maybe The Cheesecake Factory would work for your family? Huge menu with lots of choices for everyone!), dancing fountains, a trolley, etc. The Farmer's Market is a historic site in L.A. -- lots of food stalls, restaurants, shops, etc. Marmalade Cafe might work there -- and if the weather is nice, seating on the patio might be fun. Dupar's is a coffee shop in the Farmer's Market with coffee shop fare (all kinds of things) and terrific pancakes. Pretty sure your family will find something between the choices at The Grove and The Farmer's Market -- and you'll get to have something special for your birthday, too.

Thanks everyone! I was actually thinking of the Grove so that is high on my list now!

Thanks everyone! I was actually thinking of the Grove so that is high on my list now!
Does your daughter like the American Girl dolls? There is an American Girl store and cafe at the Grove -- that could be a major incentive and bribe to eat up! If you do visit The Grove, make sure to get some macarons from Laduree to take back to your hotel for your birthday. :)

I agree on the Grove. If they really need basic there's a Cheesecake Factory and Wood Ranch where they could get burgers/nuggets and you could have something better, plus lots of choices at the Farmer's Market. If you want to stay near Hollywood & Highland I agree on Mel's Drive-In. It's overpriced and basic fare but cute atmosphere and lots of memorabilia and better than your average take-out burger-nugget place.

Last September we went to the Grove and ate at Marmalade Cafe. We celebrated my daughter's birthday and ate outside. It was really nice. We also ate at Mel's Drive In off Hollywood Blvd the following day for lunch. That was good as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!